Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Could someone please check and see where my F-150 stands as far as updates? Vin is 1FTFW1ED5MFC06184 .

Truck was repaired with CSP 22B08 on 14 June. I received 4 OTA's( up to 2.7.1) and the trailer recall OTA by the 27th. On the 30th I got two failure msg's on Fordpass for OTA 2.7.3. Truck shows 2.7.3 was successful. Am I stuck in place since Ford thinks I'm on 2.7.1 and the truck says 2.7.3? I've had scheduled updates set for every night since the 30th and have had my trickle charger on but have had nothing happen as far as OTA's.
GSM and an IPC.

Mike
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have installed it. I have also been told that I didn't need to install it and that my adapter would work fine without it. Another poster also found that he had to install it for his adapter to be recognized by FDRS.

If you have a message saying you need to install it, then I would install it. Worst case scenario, if you don't really need it, it hasn't hurt anything to install it anyway, Best case scenario, if the message was right, you have it installed.

Mike
Thanks Mike.... Charger/ Power supply arrived today. All set now for Saturday morning updating. Have everything I need. Will get the license on Saturday morning.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So this is the list of updates I need on my truck which I am going to take care of in the next couple of days.

Can someone please let me know which top four are most important that should be updated first, and in which order to do them?

The rest I’ll do in any order

TIA

A8E35FB6-E815-4D85-B7AB-F1B8CB4A0323.png
Just my point of view

Anytime there's a Gateway module, it's first. Simply because of its crucial role regarding all updating and communications on the various networks in the truck.

I suspect that if you were to choose the PCM next (another primary module that is at the very heart of the truck in so many ways) you will probably find that update will automatically roll you into updates on a few other modules.
Vague memory, but I believe it will include the IPC, IPMA, CCM?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So this is the list of updates I need on my truck which I am going to take care of in the next couple of days.

Can someone please let me know which top four are most important that should be updated first, and in which order to do them?

The rest I’ll do in any order

TIA

A8E35FB6-E815-4D85-B7AB-F1B8CB4A0323.png
GWM and TCU, if available, are always done first anytime they appear.

Quite often the PCM updates are coordinated with other modules and may 'chain' them when the PCM is selected. So this is a good one to start with after any GWM or TCU.

So do the PCM first and see if it brings anything along with it. If not I would then do the ABS, then the IPMA, IPC, CCM, SCCM. Sometimes the CCM or SCCM will chain others as well.

In the easy to do and not very critical department, are the GSM, DDM, PDM, TRM, and lastly the DSP.

You do have some in there that will require the 32GB exFat USB 3.0 drive. Remember to reformat everytime before doing the next module that needs it.

Do a network check after you think you're all done to make sure there's nothing that pops up.

Also, I do this but others have said they don't. I turn the vehicle completely on and run the DTC check and clear, and retest, so everything is green when I'm done.

Have fun! I always enjoy having my vehicles completely up to date, however transitory it may be....

Sponsored

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
GSM and an IPC.

Mike
Thanks. Just wondering if it will get anymore OTA's. I was getting them every 3 days after the repair. Now since Fordpass and the Ford servers saying unsuccessful and the truck saying successful on 2.7.3, I'm wondering if I'm back in OTA purgatory. 18 days and counting with no OTA activity.

ZamoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Sport Appearance Lead Foot 5.0
Just my point of view

Anytime there's a Gateway module, it's first. Simply because of its crucial role regarding all updating and communications on the various networks in the truck.

I suspect that if you were to choose the PCM next (another primary module that is at the very heart of the truck in so many ways) you will probably find that update will automatically roll you into updates on a few other modules.
Vague memory, but I believe it will include the IPC, IPMA, CCM?
Thanks snakebiten
I appreciate the insight.

ZamoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Sport Appearance Lead Foot 5.0
GWM and TCU, if available, are always done first anytime they appear.

Quite often the PCM updates are coordinated with other modules and may 'chain' them when the PCM is selected. So this is a good one to start with after any GWM or TCU.

So do the PCM first and see if it brings anything along with it. If not I would then do the ABS, then the IPMA, IPC, CCM, SCCM. Sometimes the CCM or SCCM will chain others as well.

In the easy to do and not very critical department, are the GSM, DDM, PDM, TRM, and lastly the DSP.

You do have some in there that will require the 32GB exFat USB 3.0 drive. Remember to reformat everytime before doing the next module that needs it.

Do a network check after you think you're all done to make sure there's nothing that pops up.

Also, I do this but others have said they don't. I turn the vehicle completely on and run the DTC check and clear, and retest, so everything is green when I'm done.

Have fun! I always enjoy having my vehicles completely up to date, however transitory it may be....
Thanks Mike. Much appreciated.
Haven’t been on FDRS for a while so I may hit you up once I start the updates to find out how to perform a network check, DTC check and clear, and a retest.
I am a FDRS novice like most but am very intrigued and excited about the hands on techie stuff

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
If anyone is able to send me a list of updates I need, I’d appreciate that, too! My vin is 1FTFW1ED8MFB10520. I am getting my APIM replaced tomorrow (after months of waiting and the dealer not being successful in applying the updates) so I’d like to know what they have done / didn’t do after I get it back. Cheers!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If anyone is able to send me a list of updates I need, I’d appreciate that, too! My vin is 1FTFW1ED8MFB10520. I am getting my APIM replaced tomorrow (after months of waiting and the dealer not being successful in applying the updates) so I’d like to know what they have done / didn’t do after I get it back. Cheers!
10 Mar '21, Job 1 truck.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1ED8MFB10520-21-July-22

Mike

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Best to uninstall older version first, I am thinking.
I didn't.

Open FDRS to the login page. Don't login.
Click the link where it says to download the new version and select save (not "run").

Let that download complete, then close the FDRS program and go to the download location and right-click the "FDRS_32.5.7.exe" and select "Run as Administrator".

Follow the prompts. When it's finished click the FDRS icon to login. You may get a surprise with what the login page looks like the first time. That's because it's really not finished getting all the files. So login with your usual name and password, and then it will open the FDRS page you're used to seeing and finish downloading the files. Remember to set your Metric/SAE preferences etc. and off you go.

EDIT/UPDATE: I thought that the login page I got after running the setup was a special one-time-only login, and that the program would revert to the FDRS login page we've all been accustomed to. I looged off this morning and when I had to log back in this afternoon, low and behold it was the same new style blank white page with a Ford account type login box for name and password. So I guess this is what it's going to look like from now on.

Mike

Last edited:

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Unrelated really but anyone that uses the ford pass app is about to get less features. I got word today that more features are being removed from the FordPass app. As of the latest release 4.18.0 on apple oil life has only been removed with fuel level, tire pressure, and odometer coming shortly after. This app is starting to become useless other than remote start. SecuriAlert doesn’t work, even lock/unlock is useless if it doesn’t show you the current state. @Ford Motor Company I don’t think you’re listening to your customers and making a mistake. This app compared to your competitors is going to be the worst one out there soon.
Sponsored