Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Thanks mike.
I wanted to see if it still showed the APIM needing a software update since my screen went black at the dealer on June 8th while they were trying to perform the update.

I received a power up update for 1.7.1 on Monday morning and right after that my screen came back so I wonder if that triggered the completion of the APIM software update the dealer was trying to perform.
That list of updates available for your truck would keep a fair number of fellas up at night just itching to plug into their ODB. :)

It's a very promising group of updates. Stuff just starts working much better. The whole truck as an ensemble. You're a patient man.
Sponsored

ZamoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Sport Appearance Lead Foot 5.0
That list of updates available for your truck would keep a fair number of fellas up at night just itching to plug into their ODB. :)

It's a very promising group of updates. Stuff just starts working much better. The whole truck as an ensemble. You're a patient man.
Believe me @Snakebitten, I’m itching to plug into the ODB. My truck was at the dealer from June 1st through July 8th with a black screen. As soon as I got the 1.7.1 Power up on Monday my screen came back and my Sync went to 21146 Rev. 145.
Yesterday (Wed) I received power up 2.1.0. I just started getting OTA updates this past week since September of last year when I took delivery.

I’m waiting for my laptop to arrive so I can find a whole uninterrupted day to plug in and perform the updates. I know it’s going to be a doozy with all those.

Despite not having my truck for over a month (I did have a rental from the dealer for that time… a ‘20 F150 Lariat), one good thing I got out of it (besides the free rental) is a reimbursement for one months truck payment from Ford customer service $$$

So I will be plugging in and will be posting my progress and results soon.

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
After 2 days all they did was an ABS update (that they said they only did because reverse brake assist errors came up while they were doing updates) and the IPC update to address the settings not saving. I explicitly complained about receiving warnings of Powertrain malfunction/reduced power, as well as hill start assist warning and check brake system warnings and the passenger window doing its own thing (going up in spurts, rolling back down) so I wonder why after 2 days all they did was the 2 updates literally leaving the PCM powertrain control module and also the PDM update which i think would address the issues Ive been having.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Because they don't view updates the way you (we) see them.

The product (F150) has changed dramatically right under their nose and they are unaware of just how much it has changed. It's fascinating if you think about it. There's a transition taking place and you are just better informed than they are. But admittedly, that's ironic. :)

Sponsored

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
Good afternoon all,
I've been off the forum for a little bit with lots of work stuff going on (last post was in March which seems forever ago). Dealer finally "fixed" my truck by replacing the GWM and reprogramming the APIM (they noted the procedure failed 3 times) at the end of May, but they left me on version 1.7.1. They also performed the 22S17 recall, however my Pro Trailer Backup Assist stickers still did not work. Gee thanks.

After some time, I'm now receiving updates...
6/2/2022 - 2.1.1
7/2/2022 - 2.6.0
7/6/2022 - 2.7.1 (v22087_PRODUCT; revision: 415)

I keep hearing about games in Sync, but where do I find these?
Does someone mind running what SW updates are still pending?
1FTFW1CD4MFB48166
Thanks in advance!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Good afternoon all,
I've been off the forum for a little bit with lots of work stuff going on (last post was in March which seems forever ago). Dealer finally "fixed" my truck by replacing the GWM and reprogramming the APIM (they noted the procedure failed 3 times) at the end of May, but they left me on version 1.7.1. They also performed the 22S17 recall, however my Pro Trailer Backup Assist stickers still did not work. Gee thanks.

6/2/2022 - 2.1.1
7/2/2022 - 2.6.0

1FTFW1CD4MFB48166
Thanks in advance!
No changes from 26 May's list.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1CD4MFB48166-14-July-22

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Good afternoon all,

6/2/2022 - 2.1.1
7/2/2022 - 2.6.0

1FTFW1CD4MFB48166
Thanks in advance!
So far, I think games are just for the Mach-E.

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
My Bluecruise always crowds the passenger side of the road almost riding the lines compared to the drivers side. Is this something I am able to correct in FDRS or is a trip to the dealer required?

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
My Bluecruise always crowds the passenger side of the road almost riding the lines compared to the drivers side. Is this something I am able to correct in FDRS or is a trip to the dealer required?
neither is going to be a solution, it is by design. Drivers side Is oncoming traffic, far bigger hazard than same way traffic on passenger side.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 2022 only favors the passenger side slightly. Looking out the windshield it sometimes looks more biased to me, but then I check the parabolic lower portion of the elephant ear tow mirrors and the line-spacing to tire isn't nearly as biased as I thought.

I'm just pleased that it seems to hold its line consistently enough for me to learn to trust it. My previous 2021 ping ponged a bit more before it would settle.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
My 2022 only favors the passenger side slightly. Looking out the windshield it sometimes looks more biased to me, but then I check the parabolic lower portion of the elephant ear tow mirrors and the line-spacing to tire isn't nearly as biased as I thought.

I'm just pleased that it seems to hold its line consistently enough for me to learn to trust it. My previous 2021 ping ponged a bit more before it would settle.
There will eventually be Lane-biasing.
A simple Forscan change in the APIM shows the menu option under cruise control but it doesn't work yet. It will likely need a few other modules to be updated to work.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 7548035F-737F-41E7-B17C-E8CA110A1B34

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
There will eventually be Lane-biasing.
I simple Forscan change in the APIM shows the menu option under cruise control but it doens't work yet. I likely needs a few other modules to be updated.

7548035F-737F-41E7-B17C-E8CA110A1B34.jpeg
Someone's been poking the digits...you naughty boy...
Sponsored