Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I see Ford is trying to push OTA 2.8.1 to my truck which would be a setback, as I'm at 22095. Thankfully failed. I'll be turning off autoudates as well. I've spent to much time with this to watch my work dissappear.
Jesse take a look if you're interested.
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Just checked my truck auto updates were set to OFF! Last week when I checked the setting there were ON, I am able to turn them off and on in settings. And both positions report correctly in fordpass. But what the heck is going on here!

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
After OTA's worked flawlessly once the dealer fixed my auto update issue that was grayed out, I've had my first issue. It was repaired on the 14th. I've gotten updates every 3 days like clockwork, up to 2.7.1 since then. On the 30th I received two failure messages in Fordpass that 2.7.3 failed to update. Jesse and Snakebitten confirmed that is what the ford system was showing. I checked the truck and below is a picture showing the truck with 2.7.3 as the latest update. Here is my confusion, why is Ford and Fordpass showing it as unsuccessful? Why is the truck showing it as successful? Why did it skip 2.7.2? Bottom line, where am I at and which is accurate? Anyone have an answer? PS:Since then I haven't seen anything show up on the truck or fordpass.
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS SYNC2.7.3

Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
I checked the truck and below is a picture showing the truck with 2.7.3 as the latest update. Here is my confusion, why is Ford and Fordpass showing it as unsuccessful? Why is the truck showing it as successful?
I have a strong suspicion what is going on.

I had the exact same thing occur and so did someone else on the other F150 forums. 2.7.3 is an IPC update. After this update installs the IPC attempts to rewrite its as built and fails. The GWM sees a successful update to the target node and reports it as such locally which we see on the APIM as a pop up, but because of the failed end stage we get stuck with a U-2100 code and failed update error reported back to the server side.

The persistent DTC created by OTA 2.7.3 then blocks OTA 2.7.4 which is a sequential IPC update. Because OTA 2.7.4 cannot proceed owners are getting stuck until the persistent DTC is cleared.

This fault can be cleared with ForScan by force rewriting the all current as built data or with FRDS via a Recovery PMI process which force rewrites all known as built data. I posted about this a few pages ago in greater detail (link below). I think this error only occurs to owners which have previously made edits to their as built, but it could be that OTA 2.7.3 is corrupting random IPCs.

I have not checked your DTC's, but I'm willing to be you have U-2100 set in the IPC.

Here is my solution:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ng-guide-using-fdrs.8249/page-354#post-232391

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I guess this is where I sigh with relief that Ford hasn't even hinted at cranking up OTA for 2022 trucks. Or certainly not Job2

In fact, their mission is to catch all F150's up to what the "current current" is, which is that Job2 2022? :)

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Hopefully mine was just a fluke and it doesn't become a wider problem. But like I was telling Jesse I don't know if the dealer would even know what to do with it and who knows how long it would take. It nuked my whole system, no audio, no maps and lots of messed up visuals.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_2521
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_2522
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_2523

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yep. Your truck would have been in a world of hurt if you weren't a member of this forum and Jesse wasn't the Jesse he is.

If you think about it, that would have played out all the way to a buyback and probably without you fighting for it. The dealership network and Ford combined would have thrown in the towel.

Sponsored

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I have a strong suspicion what is going on.

I had the exact same thing occur and so did someone else on the other F150 forums. 2.7.3 is an IPC update. After this update installs the IPC attempts to rewrite its as built and fails. The GWM sees a successful update to the target node and reports it as such which we see on the APIM pop up, but because of the failed end stage we get stuck with a U-2100 code and failed update error reported back to the server side.

The persistent DTC created by OTA 2.7.3 then blocks OTA 2.7.4 which is a sequential IPC update. Because OTA 2.7.4 cannot proceed owners are getting stuck until the persistent DTC is cleared.

This fault can be cleared with ForScan by force rewriting the current as built data or with FRDS via a Recovery PMI process. I posted about it a few pages ago in detail (link below). I think this error only occurs to owners which have previously made edits to their as built, but it could be that OTA 2.7.3 is corrupting random IPCs.

I have not checked your DTC's, but I'm willing to be you have U-2100 set in the IPC.

Here is my solution:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ng-guide-using-fdrs.8249/page-354#post-232391
Any Idea why it skipped 2.7.2? Everything I read people have gotten these latest OTA's in order.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully mine was just a fluke and it doesn't become a wider problem. But like I was telling Jesse I don't know if the dealer would even know what to do with it and who knows how long it would take. It nuked my whole system, no audio, no maps and lots of messed up visuals.
Just out of curiosity, if you go into Sync 4 test mode, (hold seek forward on steering wheel and dash at same time for several seconds while the radio is playing), get into APIM diagnostics and select resolution settings, is your 12" Sync 4 system trying to display the 13" dashcard format? That's sort of what it looks like.

Once you get into the test mode in Sync 4, locate the exit gracefully button in the APIM diagnostics at the bottom of the list and let it reboot itself.

Also, did you make any previous changes to the APIM as built before this update?

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any Idea why it skipped 2.7.2? Everything I read people have gotten these latest OTA's in order.
I don't know what 2.7.2 is. My PowerBoost went from 2.7.1 to 2.7.3 so it is possible 2.7.2 only applies to select models or option packages.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How would someone go about updating Sync 4 with internet explorer? This message appears in the Sync section in PTS when looking at a current gen VIN. Can we update Sync 4 manually without FRDS?

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 5BA86C72-3C2B-492E-8CC4-070C042EAD07

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I have been at 2.8.3 via OTA on my job 1 '21 since 6/8/22. A week or so later I got the BB version of the TRM software via OTA. So, as best I can tell everything is current of my truck and all features (including BC) seem to work as they should. The widget has been down for a few days but that was updated last night. I installed the new version of the widget this morning to see if there's by any chance any OTA's in the queue. To my surprise, 2.1.0 was queued up on 6/29. Not sure what's up with that but I don't think I want to go there! Fortunately, 2.1.0 has not been installed yet & I have turned off auto updates.
Could this be a common problem? If so, perhaps the experts who work so hard to help others on this forum could post a public service announcement.
Sponsored