Sponsored

jcm21f150kr

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR
It would appear that the latest GWM update failed to configure for me. Note, "configure", I did receive the USB update completed successfully and that I could remove the USB from the slot message. (waited 30+ minutes etc...)

However, when powering back on and following the steps on the screen, the configuration step repeatedly fails. It is a Sunday morning, so not sure if there is a connection issue with Ford's servers, but it is a little troubling that a whole batch of updates were completed without issue and this failed.

Any ideas?
Update: I disconnected everything and took the truck for a 20-minute drive. After an hour, or so, reconnected FRDS and ran the network scan. The GWM SW update no longer displayed in the list. APIM was next on the list. Running APIM now.
Sponsored

jcm21f150kr

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR
Update: I disconnected everything and took the truck for a 20-minute drive. After an hour, or so, reconnected FRDS and ran the network scan. The GWM SW update no longer displayed in the list. APIM was next on the list. Running APIM now.
APIM installed fine. No additional SW updates listed. Took it for a quick drive and BC displayed for a brief moment - the roads around here are not supported, but the software is updated. Thank you to all for your assistance. Now to fix the process for the hundreds or thousands who will not do this for themselves.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
APIM installed fine. No additional SW updates listed. Took it for a quick drive and BC displayed for a brief moment - the roads around here are not supported, but the software is updated. Thank you to all for your assistance. Now to fix the process for the hundreds or thousands who will not do this for themselves.
Well just so you're aware, now that your truck is BC capable...everytime you engage the cruise control you will get a message that "BlueCruise is on" and you need to watch the road, etc. Even if you are not on a BC Hands-Free mapped road you will get the message that BC is on. Which it is, now that your truck is BC capable, even though the road you're currently on may require you to keep your hands on the wheel.

So now that you're BC updated...every sub-variant of "cruise-control" on your truck falls under the "BlueCruise" brand so-to-speak.

This has confused many people and dealer techs as well. They can't understand why they get a message saying BC is on but they have to keep their hands on the wheel. BC doesn't just mean "hands-free", it's the overall branding name for Ford's 'cruise control' now.

Mike

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Seeing a few 2021 F150s have a GWM 18.0 update with mine included. Checked 2 Raptors and a Platinum and they have it. Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT:
See a few 2022's also

ML3T-14H021-FAF

ML3T-14H021-EKS

Last edited:

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Anything new?

‘21 J1 PB -1FTFW1ED0MFB66211

Sponsored

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Seeing a few 2021 F150s have a GWM 18.0 update with mine included. Checked 2 Raptors and a Platinum and they have it. Anyone else seeing this?

vbf_version = 3.1;
description = {"ECG VMCU load"};
sw_part_number = "ML3T-14H021-EKS";
sw_part_type = EXE;
21' Powerboost 502A here and logging into FRDS doesn't show me a GWM update (yet)

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Can anyone run me for available updates, please?

1FTFW1ED2MFB10996

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Thanks!

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Interesting little tidbit:

On June 16th, the mother ship tried to update my truck around 2:30 PM to 2.6.0 and it failed according to Ford Pass. At that time I was in town shopping. I read on here, the idea that the trucks seem to update when in a city with cell towers all around, like I was on the 16th. I changed my update time to 2 PM, and while I was in town today, my truck updated to 2.7.1.

Makes you go HUMMMMMM

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Interesting little tidbit:

On June 16th, the mother ship tried to update my truck around 2:30 PM to 2.6.0 and it failed according to Ford Pass. At that time I was in town shopping. I read on here, the idea that the trucks seem to update when in a city with cell towers all around, like I was on the 16th. I changed my update time to 2 PM, and while I was in town today, my truck updated to 2.7.1.

Makes you go HUMMMMMM
Probably why I’ll never see an OTA update. I live in an area with 1 may 2 bars on a good day but have fiber to my house. Was hoping it could use Wi-Fi to download the updates if available but it doesn’t really sound like ford has got that figured out or hasn’t implemented a priority of service when available. It would cost them less in data if it were the case and would make updating easier for those in low cell areas.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I wonder in there is some setting on the home router that has to be changed. Like opening certain ports to allow data transfer or your provider has some software running that screws up the transfer. I know at work, when we connected to the internet with some of the equipment so the OEM could trouble shoot it, we had to get into the router and open ports to allow them to connect.

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High
I have been following this thread for months and was the first one to get Blue Cruise to work thru FDRS. I let my subscription lapse and have had one minor OTA flow thru sense. Would any of you with a current license mind checking to see if I have anything out there worth renewing for please. 1FTFW1ED2MFB77503

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
i tried changing the time to when i was going to be driving around in town today. no change.
Sponsored