First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
My Job 1 2021 F150 Powerboost received the PowerUp update overnight for the TRM. I logged into the Motorcraftservice.com site, plugged in my VIN and looked at the OTA status. It now shows the version now as *-BB for the TRM. This is the second PowerUp update my truck received since purchasing in Feb 2021. I did recently upgrade all modules using FDRS to enable BC. I don't use BC much, but I am still enjoying the much improved transmission shift / EV characteristics.
I still dont get ota updates. Job 1 truck. Last one was Nov 2021. Thats when 1.7.1 broke everyones trucks. Been doing updates myself. Frustrating as hell.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Also FDRS shows the BB version and it already removed the TRM update out of the SW Updates tab automatically. No longer an option to update it manually.
OK so quick note. You need to wait awhile after the truck updates to get the correct software version. After mine updated the TRM OTA… I went and downloaded the latest data, it showed -BA under the F188. After I waited about 6 hours I check again and now its showing -BB. So I would give it time to upload to the mothership.

right after the OTM TRM update…

B7ECBCDA-B595-4028-A1D1-7BC661F44459.png

About 6 hours after the TRM OTA update…

36BAE98F-FCCD-4C0D-9AB4-E387405D07BC.png
Yeah. I am aware that there’s a lag, but the one I looked at this afternoon was supposedly updated OTA overnight and the as-built on Motorcraft still shows -BA as of 8pm CDT. That’s a pretty long lag. Hopefully it’s just an unusually long lag and will eventually update.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Well just 2.8.2 in my truck, at least for me proving that updating via FDRS to Blue Cruise does not stop OTA’s.

I’m on vacation away from home so it all came down via cellular.

now I’m curious if that TRM update will push to my truck soon

Going on 3 weeks since this happened and no 2.8.3 nor TRM update. Looks like I'll have to take this into my own hands again....ugh

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I updated my TRM a few weeks with FDRS but the BB did not show up on the widget until I hit Reload Data under vehicle modules today.
TRM recall does not show up anymore on FordPass.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm sorry, yes they can. Turning away a customer because they don't think it's relevant is wrong. Putting Ford's problem on the customer is wrong. I know the game and what they pay for and don't. But there is no excuse for them not to try. They need to fight for the customer because not everyone can do it themselves nor should they have to. I've said that from the start regardless I decided to do it myself.

Stop giving Ford the benefit of the doubt. They effed up. It's not the customer's fault.
These types of issues will never get fixed if they are not pressed. Let the dealer and Ford fight it out.
How did I give Ford the benefit of the doubt?

Quote: "OTA is the intended delivery mechanism. It's Ford's fault that any of us have to use FDRS in our driveway or at the dealership."

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So after a year of no updates, two weeks in the shop at two different dealerships. A new apim on order for a month, of course the usb apim update started today and finished. The truck has made it through the starts and held onto 22146. If the revision holds till tomorrow morning it looks like tomorrow I am renewing my FDRS license.

Ofcourse the update started on a 2 minute drop of the kids run. That usb had been plugged in for a month.
Yep. It takes patience, but eventually that USB update will brake the APIM out of update purgatory. @Jesse-Infotainment has provided that USB stick for several folks who's dealerships failed, as well as locked customers APIM. And if I'm not mistaken, the USB has rescued every single one of them.

Glad you left it in. :)

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So after a year of no updates, two weeks in the shop at two different dealerships. A new apim on order for a month, of course the usb apim update started today and finished. The truck has made it through the starts and held onto 22146. If the revision holds till tomorrow morning it looks like tomorrow I am renewing my FDRS license.

Ofcourse the update started on a 2 minute drop of the kids run. That usb had been plugged in for a month.
So it finally kicked off!? Yeah if it completed and you got the update successful message you’re good to continue on with the rest of the updates .

Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
I updated my TRM a few weeks with FDRS but the BB did not show up on the widget until I hit Reload Data under vehicle modules today.
interesting.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Another eccentricity with the TRM update is that the truck will not update its as-built data on the server until it’s restarted. Another member received the TRM update OTA and despite multiple reloads of the module data, the TRM software still showed the old version. It finally updated once he restarted the truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, that IS the post that I quoted from.

"Quote: "OTA is the intended delivery mechanism. It's Ford's fault that any of us have to use FDRS in our driveway or at the dealership."

I know you are miffed with Ford. It's well documented. I get that. You and many others were incredibly frustrated with the failed attempts by the dealerships and the OTA failures of Ford.

Still, I stand by my sympathies with the dilemma the dealerships face as a result of the OTA snafus.

The good news is that for myself, and a few others, this forum made it possible for us circumvent the fiasco and I kinda cheer everytime one more fella finds this thread and overcomes. :)

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes, that IS the post that I quoted from.

"Quote: "OTA is the intended delivery mechanism. It's Ford's fault that any of us have to use FDRS in our driveway or at the dealership."

I know you are miffed with Ford. It's well documented. I get that. You and many others were incredibly frustrated with the failed attempts by the dealerships and the OTA failures of Ford.

Still, I stand by my sympathies with the dilemma the dealerships face as a result of the OTA snafus.

The good news is that for myself, and a few others, this forum made it possible for us circumvent the fiasco and I kinda cheer everytime one more fella finds this thread and overcomes. :)
I'm not trying to argue with you. But you keep skipping over your first paragraph. That is where I disagree...They are obligated to fix it or make an effort. They need to tangle with Ford. Not turn away customers... That's what been happening in the previous posts of some folks. They should take it in, no matter what the complaint.
I know what we've all gone through here, but I will not condone it as it is NOT the customers problem. Yes, we are lucky here. But what about the many owners that are not on this forum? They continue to drop the ball. On the Mach-Es as well. I defend 'my dealer and my tech'... I do not feel bad for Ford as a whole. They started this abortion. Any dealer refusing to take a truck in should be dealt with and a complaint signed. Simple as it gets.

"In all fairness, dealerships can't just take your truck in, put it in a bay, and then spend 2 days sitting in it installing every update FDRS offers.
Can you imagine Ford getting that invoice for thousands upon thousands of 2021 F150's? "
Sponsored