Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Done today -> TCU, APIM, GWM, TRM, GSM. A bunch of PMIs. Then this module update repair was the last thing done:

Showing as remaining is only a GSM (likely the one that gets stuck often...)
That “procedure unsuccessful” notation is actually good news. It means that the tech did not have to use the fastboot update in the TSB to get past a stuck 1.7.1 OTA. He was able to go directly to the modules and update them.
Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Done today -> TCU, APIM, GWM, TRM, GSM. A bunch of PMIs. Then this module update repair was the last thing done:

Showing as remaining is only a GSM (likely the one that gets stuck often...)
GSM was the only one of mine that didn't go away as well

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
That “procedure unsuccessful” notation is actually good news. It means that the tech did not have to use the fastboot update in the TSB to get past a stuck 1.7.1 OTA. He was able to go directly to the modules and update them.
does anyone know what the tech needs to do now ? The dealer said something like ford web site was down or something ?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
does anyone know what the tech needs to do now ? The dealer said something like ford web site was down or something ?
@jordandev said that the only “update” left was the GSM, which really isn’t an update—it’s used for module replacement. So, if that’s all that’s showing up, it sounds like you’re done.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Didn't someone post that Bluecruise had a low speed cap? I set mine at 80mph and it ran with it until traffic slowed down in front of me.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I told you in the other thread. You ipc is messed up only half the update is loaded and it’s the small half. 120 needs to be loaded and if I have to load it it’s 5-6 hours. If the usb update works it is 15 mins. I didn’t look at the log but they need to try a PMI on ipc and hope it loads a new usb.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I told you in the other thread. You ipc is messed up only half the update is loaded and it’s the small half. 120 needs to be loaded and if I have to load it it’s 5-6 hours. If the usb update works it is 15 mins. I didn’t look at the log but they need to try a PMI on ipc and hope it loads a new usb.
Thank you so much for all your excellent support ! Can you please explain .... how would you be able to load it ? It is currently at the dealer. sorry if this is a dumb question .... I hope the dealer knows how to do the USB update. If I understanf correctly it is not drivable now ?

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Yeah. That’s what I experienced this morning as well. Did an update, rescanned, then downloaded the as-built. Changes showed up immediately. Which kinda surprised me. That’s why it took me a few minutes to figure out why your widget and the FDRS data for @turbopilot differed. There should be no difference.

Would there be any way to flag in the widget that the general FordPass data and the module data are different to remind people that a vehicle refresh does not include a module reload? It might help people who are still getting used to the widget to know that the “last refreshed” date and time does not include the last time the modules were reloaded.
Unfortunately, no!
It would require pulling in the new asbuilt data anyways which requires a captcha code.
I can automate that but I'm trying not to piss off ford more than I need to :)

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Got it. I wasn’t thinking about an auto download. I agree that that wouldn’t be a good idea. I was thinking more along the lines of a caution in the vehicle refresh pop-up that vehicle refreshes do not automatically include a reload of module data, which requires a separate operation. But that might be too much text.

rack04

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost
Is this still the recommended update sequence; TCU, APIM, GWM, and IPC? Got all of my gear ready for this Saturday. First I have to complete the TSB-22-2150 since I'm stuck at some version of PowerUp and OTA updates are failing.

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
looks like they have done the PMI on the Instrument panel cluster a few ties. Would you be willing to check th logs for next step ?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
looks like they have done the PMI on the Instrument panel cluster a few ties. Would you be willing to check th logs for next step ?
Unless they made a usb drive it didn’t work but I’ll look.
Sponsored