Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I know this has been asked 100 times, I have 3 modules that show up orange after a network scan, do i select them and PMI?
Depends on why it’s orange. You haven’t said. Not knowing the exact DTC, I’d first go to vehicle identification, then click CMDTCs and then select clear and retest. See if they come back green.
Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
All 3 reappeared,
Module OCSM DTC U0509
Module RCM DTC B00A0
Module DSM DTC U2100

Im pretty sure after I run the driver side door update there was something I had to config but cant find the it

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
All 3 reappeared,
Module OCSM DTC U0509
Module RCM DTC B00A0
Module DSM DTC U2100

Im pretty sure after I run the driver side door update there was something I had to config but cant find the it
The DSM is not the door module. That’s the DDM. The DSM controls seat-related things and the power running boards. The U2100 you can usually fix with a PMI, selecting no to original module installed. You might need to make a subsequent FORScan change to get your running boards operational after that.

The other two I’m not sure about.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Since I have time, I plan to do the unthinkable—let the dealer install it. It’s the only way I can be sure to clear the pesky recall notification.
Do we have confirmation the dealer has to clear the recall? Just updating the module won’t update it?

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well. I PMI'd the DSM and it got rid of OCSM and RCM but the DSM stays and says "Initial Configuration Not Complete"

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Do we have confirmation the dealer has to clear the recall? Just updating the module won’t update it?
Nope. We don’t even know that this is the final fix. The software itself has been out for awhile. I’m just going to get the dealer to apply it so I know for sure the notice is cleared and continue to monitor FDRS for updates. But your deck of tarot cards is as good as mine as to whether a trip to the dealer is required.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why does BC say hands free available through 10-9-2022 in sync and Ford account has it correct good through 5-15-2023

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Nope. We don’t even know that this is the final fix. The software itself has been out for awhile. I’m just going to get the dealer to apply it so I know for sure the notice is cleared and continue to monitor FDRS for updates. But your deck of tarot cards is as good as mine as to whether a trip to the dealer is required.
I have had the BB trm version for awhile. I dont tow so i wasnt too concerned if it was the final fix. With that being said, I still have the recall notice and have to take the truck in. So i dont think updating it would clear it. The dealer has to do something that verifies it i suppose.

Attachments

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat V8 Job 1, 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
I ran the trm update this morning but the recall was cleared a couple weeks ago by the dealer who cleared all 3 three of my recalls when they updated the truck to Blue Cruise. During the updates I believe he ran the February trm and assumed it was the recall. It this is the fix I'm all set, if not then I I'll a watch here and take it back to him when the real one comes out. My FDRS license expires next week.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I have had the BB trm version for awhile. I dont tow so i wasnt too concerned if it was the final fix. With that being said, I still have the recall notice and have to take the truck in. So i dont think updating it would clear it. The dealer has to do something that verifies it i suppose.
I think that’s right but don’t know for sure. I updated my TRM in early March before the recall was issued and still got the notice. I haven’t heard of anyone clearing the recall once they received it by updating their TRM themselves.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I am having a no GPS issue today after everything was updated. Has anyone seen this?

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I think that’s right but don’t know for sure. I updated my TRM in early March before the recall was issued and still got the notice. I haven’t heard of anyone clearing the recall once they received it by updating their TRM themselves.
That TRM SW module update definitely dropped overnight. I was updating to the last APIM module last night and the the TRM module was not there. Maybe it dropped because I updated APIM module.

In any event the Engineering Assembly P/N and Software P/N both updated the suffix to BB versus BA. No suffix ending in DH as we expected. So who knows whether this is the fix.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_6593

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
That TRM SW module update definitely dropped overnight. I was updating to the last APIM module last night and the the TRM module was not there. Maybe it dropped because I updated APIM module.

In any event the Engineering Assembly P/N and Software P/N both updated the suffix to BB versus BA. No suffix ending in DH as we expected. So who knows whether this is the fix.

IMG_6593.jpeg
Wait, what? Both nodes F113 and F188 updated with this release? That is interesting.