Sponsored

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I use the USB C all the time I prefer them. If you are installing 21146 then that update can take a while to kick off for whatever reason.
Not sure if that is it but my truck is a job 1 truck with auto updates greyed out so I am stuck on that level but the TSB didn't work kept giving fastboot errors no matter what I did or what computer I used that it didn't detect that it was connected in spite of being connected and windows making the dingle that it was connected to something.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Not sure if that is it but my truck is a job 1 truck with auto updates greyed out so I am stuck on that level but the TSB didn't work kept giving fastboot errors no matter what I did or what computer I used that it didn't detect that it was connected in spite of being connected and windows making the dingle that it was connected to something.
Oh yeah, then you are doing the 21146 update.. IT will take a while to kick off. Youll have to drive around until it decides to. No telling when it will decide to

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I know it interrupts progress, but just leave that usb stick in the truck and return to using the truck normally.
It WILL initiate. You just don't know when.

Once it does, your truck will exit update-hades and you are in total control of its software destiny.

Edit: Jesse was typing while I was typing. So I'm just an echo. Lol

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Just saw that a NEW trailer module update is available in FDRS as of this morning. I wonder if this is the Recall fix.

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Oh how I hope so. Not because I need a fix real bad, but rather I'm weary of the gnashing of teeth related. 🤣
I wouldn't mind it being THE fix, I got a week long trip with my TT in a couple of weeks! I haven't had trouble yet, but still!

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat V8 Job 1, 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Just saw that a NEW trailer module update is available in FDRS as of this morning. I wonder if this is the Recall fix.
I ran the TRM software update. I don't know if it is the fix. My software version changed from AB to BB.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Anyone know how to do a hard reset using FDRS that we are instructed to do after 21G01?
I don’t remember anyone else requiring a master reset to get BC working, I didn’t. I believe a master reset is a hard reset.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-4/how-do-i-perform-a-master-reset-with-sync-4/

A soft reboot should be sufficient.

For vehicles equipped with a volume/power and right seek button, press and hold both the volume/power and right seek button for 10 seconds and the system will reboot.

Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I don’t remember anyone else requiring a master reset to get BC working, I didn’t. I believe a master reset is a hard reset.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-4/how-do-i-perform-a-master-reset-with-sync-4/

A soft reboot should be sufficient.

For vehicles equipped with a volume/power and right seek button, press and hold both the volume/power and right seek button for 10 seconds and the system will reboot.
Agreed, I'll try that, this is the wording on 21G01 after all of the modules have been updated

"Perform a hard reset from FDRS Main Menu to reset sync (otherwise hands-free option will not be visible)"

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Ohhhhh? @JEB is the resident trailer expert I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
Really? Then you guys are in a lot of trouble.

Anyway, I just talked to @Jesse-Infotainment and he confirmed for me that there is new TRM software available for my truck. It dropped this morning and will take my software version from -BA to -BB. Whether it’s “the“ fix or not is unclear but it is an update from what I got in February.

I just got back from a trip and won’t have another towing opportunity coming up for another two weeks, so I won’t be able to test it. Since I have time, I plan to do the unthinkable—let the dealer install it. It’s the only way I can be sure to clear the pesky recall notification.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My Job1 2022 had that BB TRM update available while it was still riding the train to the dealership. Not sure why it's just now dropping for others

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
My Job1 2022 had that BB TRM update available while it was still riding the train to the dealership. Not sure why it's just now dropping for others
Coupe of thoughts on that. Ford did reprogram some vehicles that were still in production when the issue was confirmed. So you might have gotten it early. You probably also had a later hardware revision and Ford needed to make sure that it worked on earlier revisions.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I know this has been asked 100 times, I have 3 modules that show up orange after a network scan, do i select them and PMI?
Sponsored