First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
For those who got past 1.7.1 with this method and not the TSB what did you do after the USB was created? I created the USB but forgot to plug the plug back in for the TSB and so the stick wasn't recognized and I told the software it failed. Then I remembered to plug the plug back in and the stick was recognized but nothing else happened. Do you think that I should run the whole process again or just leave the stick in and cross my fingers?
FWIW

To my knowledge the TSB 22-2150 is only done IF you can't get the APIM or TCU to update.

So I would start ECU Module Programming Guide Using FDRS
AND follow 21G01 to the LETTER - especially the ORDER in which modules to update.
Both Attached

Pay attention to these small details that for some reason ALWAYS slip past people
  1. Battery voltage - if your lower than 12.6 you're gonna have issues - Check your ground
  2. Turn you headlights, AC, Radio and anything else off. Your headlights have to done each time you cycle the ignition
  3. Good interne & WiFi signal, run a speed test - if your not getting RELIABLE 50Mbps or better you're gonna have issues
  4. Good computer (less than 3years old) i5 or better
  5. Properly formatted USB drive - don't just think it is, check
  6. Be patient and FOLLOW the directions!

And for the love of Pete, Don't use a NANO and expect miracles, yes it works I started off with one but got the Mongoose because I invested in a truck that requires TLC and she deserves the best.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Looks like my gwm and tcu are up to date already so it’s the apim next. I will start over and cross my fingers it works without the TD but I am not confident

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I will try this although I live in the country my internet is max 25mbps.
I have been using my phone as a hotspot internet connection with good luck. It is generally providing a 200mbps+ connection that is way more reliable than the home wifi in the driveway.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I have been using my phone as a hotspot internet connection with good luck. It is generally providing a 200mbps+ connection that is way more reliable than the home wifi in the driveway.
We have LTE out here but my phone gets 1 bar. The wifi is rock solid in my garage. Likely more solid than the cell service would be. I don't think LTE up here is more than 75mbps but I doubt I can get even close to that with 1 bar. Luckily when I restarted the APIM it remembered that I did it I guess so went straight to the step of writing the USB stick rather than spending forever redownloading it all again

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Hard to keep the voltage up with the car running. It told me to turn on the engine and for some reason it’s at 12.6v now even with the charger on

Sponsored

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I interrupted it because after 15 minutes it wasn’t seemingly doing anything and will retry on the charger instead of running because the voltage is 13 on the charger and 12.6 running

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Hard to keep the voltage up with the car running. It told me to turn on the engine and for some reason it’s at 12.6v now even with the charger on
When it requires the engine running, I get a solid 12.6 volts and then with engine off, the power supply maintains 13.7 volts. Not sure why it drops when the engine is running but it has not effected any updates. I assume something is limiting the voltage while running and updating...

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
A Powerboost with engine On, regardless of whether it's actually running, is ~15V in FDRS.

However, very few updates require engine on, so rarely an advantage in FDRS

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Good job!

Now get out there and

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220514_103850

It's a HOOT!

Sponsored

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Welcome to the FDRS addiction club! :ROFLMAO:
More than an addiction. Got up to version 22034/Revision 364 with BC 3 weeks ago. New APIM, TCM and GWM update popped up today taking me to version 22095/Revision 421. So far I don't see anything new or different with this update.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 9.46.13 PM

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I just finished 21G01 and it says once all of the GWM, APIM, IPMA, TCU and IPC updates have been done to:

"Perform a hard reset from FDRS Main Menu to reset sync (otherwise hands-free option will not be visible)

I don't see the hard reset option in FDRS, can someone guide me to it?

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
well I left the USB stick in and the charger on for about 5 hours and nothing happened. So I tried again and left it on from 11pm until 9am and nothing happened also. My stick is a dual type with one end USB and one end USB-C so I am going to try the USB-C port to see if anything happens

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
well I left the USB stick in and the charger on for about 5 hours and nothing happened. So I tried again and left it on from 11pm until 9am and nothing happened also. My stick is a dual type with one end USB and one end USB-C so I am going to try the USB-C port to see if anything happens
I use the USB C all the time I prefer them. If you are installing 21146 then that update can take a while to kick off for whatever reason.
Sponsored