Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Yes I had it on a charger, I had 13v in the truck, it just didn't like the state of the charge, I took for a drive then did a low amperage charge for a little while and it was fine.
Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to confirm, you don't have a USB drive plugged in to the truck, correct?

If we break apart the module repair into 3 different major steps, which step from below is it failing on? From the looks of your logs (below), it sounds like step 1.
  1. Update with USB cable (computer to truck harness)
  2. Update with Ethernet cable (computer to truck harness)
  3. Update with harness reconnected
If it is step 1, what are all of the pieces you're using to connect the harness to the computer? Should be something like: harness > female USB mini to female USB type A adapter > USB type A male to male cable > computer.

I believe further up in the thread, someone had to change out their USB cable to get it working.

The Mach E forums mentioned 5 times trying before you're locked out for a week. I don't know if that's true or not.

1652473159771.png
Im using an ethernet cable

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, if I remember correctly, there were 2 or 3 different things installed during the driver install. Make sure you didn't accidentally click on the FDRS window and you have another driver install waiting and hidden behind FDRS.
yes there are 4 or 5 different things in the driver install and I had no hidden windows

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
Im using an ethernet cable
Just to be clear, I believe there are three different steps to this module repair. In the first step, you shouldn't be using the ethernet adapter, just the straight USB cable connection. After that completes, in step 2 you'll be prompted to change over to the ethernet adapter.

jeffm4688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum, 2012 M3
Thanks guys . I’m glad I can help where ford can’t. I don’t know why they can’t see what I see. I wish they could. I hate that guys are leaving dealers incomplete or not working. Techs claiming to be waiting on engineers. They should be able to see what I see in the same time it takes me.

Ford has some real internal issues. They need to get them resolved quickly. The number of people that I have helped are pretty high. I dont say that as a boast but as a concern. People leaving dealerships with no answer with nonfunctioning features. I cant wrap my head around why the Ford "Engineers" cant see what I see at a glance when they are the ones that designed the system.

I dont even know the number of people that are not on forums that just are in the land of the lost with no idea why their truck has lights on the dash and features not working.

I would have no issue with Ford reaching out to me. I would help them. I would even make myself accessible to their service department to train people if that is what they need. The dealers need to open their minds also. I think its obvious how they think from some of the posts made by "Ford technicians" on the forum. They seem to have this idea only they are qualified to do this stuff and they couldnt possibly learn anything from us. If I were a tech and knew this thread existed I would be on here using the resource available. I am willing to bet a couple people I have helped are dealer techs. Just incognito unwilling to admit it. I have been in their FDRS and seen the dealer login versus the non dealer.

Anyways Like I have said I am no where near as needed as I was at one point. It seemed several a day I was remoting in. Im glad that people have the ability to update and take care of their truck or get a better idea of the code they have without dumping their $1000 a month truck off at the dealer for who knows how long.
I think ford did what a lot of people do and that is, scale up the amount of developers in order to do the initial software development and probably scaled down when it got released & I am sure they have a bunch of people working explicitly on bluecruise(and not the update mechanism).

I definetely want to thank you again I am good to go after that update, I did the GWM & an APIM after and I have my adaptive cruise with lane centering working & bluecruise is active as well on the highways now!

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I got my truck all setup to start some of the software updates but can not keep the battery voltage above 12.5 with the ignition on and hooked up to a charger. Does the battery need to be replaced? I have tried two chargers with no change.
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS image

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I got my truck all setup to start some of the software updates but can not keep the battery voltage above 12.5 with the ignition on and hooked up to a charger. Does the battery need to be replaced? I have tried two chargers with no change.
image.jpg
Possible. where are you connecting the ground? Is it a charger or a power supply?

Reactions: GDN

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Possible. where are you connecting the ground? Is it a charger or a power supply?
Ground is connected to the bolt next to the battery. The charger is the one recommended on the first page.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Certainly seems suspect.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Ground is connected to the bolt next to the battery. The charger is the one recommended on the first page.
image.jpg
Try connecting the negative to the nut at the other end of that cable, on top of the battery management sensor. The ground is better there.

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Try connecting the negative to the nut at the other end of that cable, on top of the battery management sensor. The ground is better there.
I have tried it in the other location with the same results. As soon as I turn on the ignition, the voltage drops as low as 12.4 volts. I have just left it on the charger for a half hour now to see it it helps. The engine ran for over an hour on the drive home so it would be odd for the battery to be low.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I try to get mine unstuck and I keep getting fast boot errors saying I am not connected when I am clearly connected as I should be via USB cable. The computer even makes the connected dingle sound. I installed fast boot driver as requested by the software. My charger (power supply 20 amp max current) says the voltage is 13.7 but yet for some reason in the software it says the voltage is 12.8. I also tried going through a USB hub instead of direct to laptop which did not help

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
May be crazy but you’re are turning off your headlights, Radio and HVAC right? These may be causing an un necessary load on your battery while doing these updates and could be the cause of you lower voltage reading.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I have tried it in the other location with the same results. As soon as I turn on the ignition, the voltage drops as low as 12.4 volts. I have just left it on the charger for a half hour now to see it it helps. The engine ran for over an hour on the drive home so it would be odd for the battery to be low.
image.jpg
Switch to 20 amp mode.