Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Could someone please run my VIN and tell me if I'm looking at this correctly.
I just ran a vehicle scan and am at SW updates I expected to see GWM and TCU updates and don't see any, I do have APIM, IPMA and IPC but looking at 21G01 I thought I would see GWM and TCU updates waiting
I have a 2021 Job 1 pretty sure Im stuck on 1.7.1
1FTFW1ED3MFA94078
Sponsored

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
If I don’t get an answer within a week or so I probably take you up on that offer and start the dismantling of my dash. Out of curiosity do you have a source for the removal process I have only found pictures?
Don't remember who posted it but thought it would come in handy.

Attachments

Reactions: GDN

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse - ford just called and said they are replacing the apim. I will try to get my old one and send it to you for tinkering or use for whatever if you can recover it. So you are off the hook for me. Well at least until I get stuck on an ota update later down the road.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
All well and good. But you’ll never get his personal support as we do now. What he or anyone needs is to do is fix Ford so it never happens again.
I know....just saying tho.

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just ran a vehicle scan and am at SW updates I expected to see GWM and TCU updates and don't see any, I do have APIM, IPMA and IPC but looking at 21G01 I thought I would see GWM and TCU updates waiting
1FTFW1ED3MFA94078
Easiest way to tell if you stuck. In the truck go to settings about sync. If the version and revision numbers are blank your stuck. Or in fdrs if the software pin for your apim is only four letters your stuck (you will see a pattern)

Sponsored

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat V8 Job 1, 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Just got my truck back from the dealer for 22B08. They said they couldn’t update or restore the APIM because their software flagged my Auto/Start stop was off. I have a Start/Stop eliminator installed. Can I manually update my APIM via USB?
I think they are feeding you BS because they just don't want to try. A small local dealership fully upgraded my software and BlueCruise is working even though I have a Start/Stop eliminator installed. They never even mentioned it.

I would think about trying another dealership.

Wes1963

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I think they are feeding you BS because they just don't want to try. A small local dealership fully upgraded my software and BlueCruise is working even though I have a Start/Stop eliminator installed. They never even mentioned it.

I would think about trying another dealership.
I think you’re probably right. If i can get my APIM back on track everything else will probably start working as it should.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
1FTFW1ED3MFA94078
Yours looks like mine did when stuck on 1.7.1. No GWM or TCU update available, and the APIM is the same version when I was stuck, DSMU5T-14G670-CA.

You'll likely need to start with TSB 22-2117, which can be found here.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...a-power-up-1-7-1-tsb-22-2117.9586/post-188839

Once you get past that TSB and the APIM update, you'll see GWM and TCU updates show up in the list. Apply those, then APIM, rinse repeat until no more appear.

Last edited:

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yours looks like mine did when stuck on 1.7.1. No GWM or TCU update available, and the APIM is the same version when I was stuck, DSMU5T-14G670-CA.

You'll likely need to start with TSB 22-2117, which can be found here.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...a-power-up-1-7-1-tsb-22-2117.9586/post-188839

Once you get past that TSB and the APIM update, you'll see GWM and TCU updates show up in the list. Apply those, then APIM, rinse repeat until no more appear.
I did run 22-2117, but when installing the fastboot drivers that it says I need when I click finish to exit the fastboot driver install wizard all I get it the little spinning wheel, i waited about 10 minutes for it to finish and it just keeps spinning, Im worried that if I keep trying to update the APIM using the module update repair that I'm going to lock myself out

Last edited:

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did run 22-2117, but when installing the fastboot drivers that it says I need when I click finish to exit the fastboot driver install wizard all I get it the little spinning wheel, i waited about 10 minutes for it to finish and it just keeps spinning, Im worried that if I keep trying to update the APIM using the module update repair that I'm going to lock myself out
After installing the drivers, are you on the Web Link tab when you see the cursor spinning?

If so, click back over to the Module Update Repair tab and click 'Continue' in the lower right. That will probably flip you back to the Toolbox tab and remove the Web Link tab. If it does, then go back to the Module Update Repair tab, and you should be able to continue.

Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After installing the drivers, are you on the Web Link tab when you see the cursor spinning?

If so, click back over to the Module Update Repair tab and click 'Continue' in the lower right. That will probably flip you back to the Toolbox tab and remove the Web Link tab. If it does, then go back to the Module Update Repair tab, and you should be able to continue.
I've done that 3 times now and when I try to finish the module repair through the can bus at the APIM connector I get "Procedure Unsuccessful-FastbootFlashDiagFile Unable to peform Fastboot Imageflash recovery

Last edited:

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to confirm, you don't have a USB drive plugged in to the truck, correct?

If we break apart the module repair into 3 different major steps, which step from below is it failing on? From the looks of your logs (below), it sounds like step 1.
  1. Update with USB cable (computer to truck harness)
  2. Update with Ethernet cable (computer to truck harness)
  3. Update with harness reconnected
If it is step 1, what are all of the pieces you're using to connect the harness to the computer? Should be something like: harness > female USB mini to female USB type A adapter > USB type A male to male cable > computer.

I believe further up in the thread, someone had to change out their USB cable to get it working.

The Mach E forums mentioned 5 times trying before you're locked out for a week. I don't know if that's true or not.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1652473159771

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, if I remember correctly, there were 2 or 3 different things installed during the driver install. Make sure you didn't accidentally click on the FDRS window and you have another driver install waiting and hidden behind FDRS.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There is a limit to how many times you can try an update.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking farther up in your log, when you tried to run the APIM update via USB this morning, you were warned about poor battery voltage. Are you on a charger? What voltage is FDRS reporting?

Battery issues have been a major problem for several with these updates.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1652473651155
Sponsored