First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
HEAR THIS FORD...HIRE HIM...PAY HIM HUGE HUGE MONEY.... (y) (y) (y)
All well and good. But you’ll never get his personal support as we do now. What he or anyone needs is to do is fix Ford so it never happens again.

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Don’t forget Jesse-informtainment. And I am so envious of you guys it all worked for, I just have to be the expectation.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Oh. I misunderstood.
I thought your truck was the exception and that it turned out to be unfixable.

If that was the case I was thinking that you shouldn't give up yet. :)

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Currently my truck is nonfixable some configuration file is missing or something on the Detroit server so 2150 can’t run since there is no last known working config and can’t run an apim update Ford doesn’t acknowledge this error message yet. Currently have an IT ticket in Detroit on my VIN entered by the head OTA department. But no one can describe the problem good enough to attempt to fix it. Very very disappointing. There is another meeting tomorrow to discuss these trucks like mine maybe there will be an answer. I learned not to get hopeful though it only makes things worse when it doesn’t work out.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So it's on the cloud side.
Sorry for you, of course, but it's a good thing that's not common because it's the ONE thing that's been reliable enough for this thread to have so many examples of success.
Or put another way, we all probably take it for granted that the mothership hands us what we need 99.9% of the time.
If that TOO was a mess, it would be a very different story around here.

Hypothetically, couldn't a side load get your module working properly?

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So it's on the cloud side.
Sorry for you, of course, but it's a good thing that's not common because it's the ONE thing that's been reliable enough for this thread to have so many examples of success.
Or put another way, we all probably take it for granted that the mothership hands us what we need 99.9% of the time.
If that TOO was a mess, it would be a very different story around here.

Hypothetically, couldn't a side load get your module working properly?
All my knowledge of fdrs has come through this forum (which ironically puts me ahead of most techs I have dealt with) I aware of side loading apps of phones but not sure how to it on fdrs is there a good guide I could read and break out the monogoose again you could point me to and what are the possible negatives if I attempt a side load and it fails? (Man sideloading was just discussed on the previous page).

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks guys . I’m glad I can help where ford can’t. I don’t know why they can’t see what I see. I wish they could. I hate that guys are leaving dealers incomplete or not working. Techs claiming to be waiting on engineers. They should be able to see what I see in the same time it takes me.

Ford has some real internal issues. They need to get them resolved quickly. The number of people that I have helped are pretty high. I dont say that as a boast but as a concern. People leaving dealerships with no answer with nonfunctioning features. I cant wrap my head around why the Ford "Engineers" cant see what I see at a glance when they are the ones that designed the system.

I dont even know the number of people that are not on forums that just are in the land of the lost with no idea why their truck has lights on the dash and features not working.

I would have no issue with Ford reaching out to me. I would help them. I would even make myself accessible to their service department to train people if that is what they need. The dealers need to open their minds also. I think its obvious how they think from some of the posts made by "Ford technicians" on the forum. They seem to have this idea only they are qualified to do this stuff and they couldnt possibly learn anything from us. If I were a tech and knew this thread existed I would be on here using the resource available. I am willing to bet a couple people I have helped are dealer techs. Just incognito unwilling to admit it. I have been in their FDRS and seen the dealer login versus the non dealer.

Anyways Like I have said I am no where near as needed as I was at one point. It seemed several a day I was remoting in. Im glad that people have the ability to update and take care of their truck or get a better idea of the code they have without dumping their $1000 a month truck off at the dealer for who knows how long.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
All my knowledge of fdrs has come through this forum (which ironically puts me ahead of most techs I have dealt with) I aware of side loading apps of phones but not sure how to it on fdrs is there a good guide I could read and break out the monogoose again you could point me to and what are the possible negatives if I attempt a side load and it fails? (Man sideloading was just discussed on the previous page).
Im still willing to swap your apim out for you or update your apim here and send it back.

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If I don’t get an answer within a week or so I probably take you up on that offer and start the dismantling of my dash. Out of curiosity do you have a source for the removal process I have only found pictures?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Ford has some real internal issues. They need to get them resolved quickly. The number of people that I have helped are pretty high. I dont say that as a boast but as a concern. People leaving dealerships with no answer with nonfunctioning features. I cant wrap my head around why the Ford "Engineers" cant see what I see at a glance when they are the ones that designed the system.
My guess is the people that dealers are talking to, "IT", are just first level helpdesk type folks that aren't really the guys that designed the software. If a dealership actually was able to talk to a true software engineer I have no doubt they would see what you do or more.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If I don’t get an answer within a week or so I probably take you up on that offer and start the dismantling of my dash. Out of curiosity do you have a source for the removal process I have only found pictures?
The apim is right behind the hvac controls. I have the workshop manual it makes it look worse than it is

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Could I bother you for a scan of those pages? When the head OTA escalations puts in a ticket on your VIN it doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling they know what is up with the cloud end.
Sponsored