First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I have an XLT 302A loaded. Got the 360cams and adaptive cruise.

No blue cruise.
Im not near my computer to look up your vin to see what all updates you have available. The best way is with the mongoose cable its $500. Plus you need a at least 2 day FDRS license. Probably best to get a 30 day license. You could probably get all of your updates done with the VCX Nano but its not advisable due to data corruption.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Im not near my computer to look up your vin to see what all updates you have available. The best way is with the mongoose cable its $500. Plus you need a at least 2 day FDRS license. Probably best to get a 30 day license. You could probably get all of your updates done with the VCX Nano but its not advisable due to data corruption.
I’d probably go with two 2-day licenses. If you start early the morning you buy each license, that will give you effectively six days for $100. If you don’t have BlueCruise, six full days should be plenty.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
I can't seem to get past this DTC on the DSM.

I've run a PMI on it 3 times:
  1. First - After completing all updates (current with 22095 / 421)
  2. Second - After waiting a couple of hours
  3. Third - After driving for 30 minutes and letting it sit overnight
It certainly doesn't look like it's being written correctly. Here's a comparison of the As-Built before (blue row) all of my updates and now after (green row). The top two rows show the different values, and the bottom section is all new (didn't exist previously). Most of the new rows seem to be blank, not sure if that's right or not.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1652105684450

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One more thing...

The DTC references the attached the TSB 21-2179, but it seems like that TSB doesn't apply because I have a truck that came with the factory brake controller.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1652106014076

Attachments

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
One more thing...

The DTC references the attached the TSB 21-2179, but it seems like that TSB doesn't apply because I have a truck that came with the factory brake controller.

1652106014076.png
Actually, SSM 49690, also referenced, is more applicable and discusses running a PMI before you replace a module. It doesn’t strictly apply here, but the situation is analogous. When you updated the DSM, the new software wrote additional lines of code. It’s like you replaced the module. Unfortunately, your as-built data had nothing to put into these new lines because the as-built was based on the old programming, which had fewer lines of code. U2100 was a failure to configure because your as-built didn’t have enough data to complete programming the new lines of code.

When you did the PMI, which option did you select? For this application, you should always select the option for new modules.

EDIT: Looks like you are using As-Built Explorer to dig into the code differences. Good choice.

Attachments

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Actually, SSM 49690, also referenced, is more applicable and discusses running a PMI before you replace a module. It doesn’t strictly apply here, but the situation is analogous. When you updated the DSM, the new software wrote additional lines of code. It’s like you replaced the module. Unfortunately, your as-built data had nothing to put into these new lines because the as-built was based on the old programming, which had fewer lines of code. U2100 was a failure to configure because your as-built didn’t have enough data to complete programming the new lines of code.

When you did the PMI, which option did you select? For this application, you should always select the option for new modules.
When asked if it was the original module, I selected 'NO' each time.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Perhaps related, but likely not, These additional DTCs appeared this morning. Both resolved after a clear and retest.

CMR - Driver's side LED
IPMA (U2400) - Ethernet Failure With Gateway Module A (GWM)

Despite being fully up to date, BlueCruise has not yet enabled for me.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1652107808166

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Perhaps related, but likely not, These additional DTCs appeared this morning. Both resolved after a clear and retest.

CMR - Driver's side LED
IPMA (U2400) - Ethernet Failure With Gateway Module A (GWM)

Despite being fully up to date, BlueCruise has not yet enabled for me.

1652107808166.png
Agree. Unlikely related.

You appear to have done everything correctly. The PMI/new module tool is not pulling the additional configuration data for some reason. It should have. I’d recommend reaching out to Jesse. He might be able to sideload the missing file.

Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
if auto update is turned off...do you still get a fordpass notification that an update was attempted, or is ready? or if one is available, will it pop up on screen to 'download now'? or do they not push them at all since you've disabled it? i know i got a couple updates in fdrs, but never have anything come through ota/tell me there is ota available. curious if they've tried to push anything since i did the 1.7 fix.

Jason1569

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 4X4

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't seem to get past this DTC on the DSM.

I've run a PMI on it 3 times:
  1. First - After completing all updates (current with 22095 / 421)
  2. Second - After waiting a couple of hours
  3. Third - After driving for 30 minutes and letting it sit overnight
It certainly doesn't look like it's being written correctly. Here's a comparison of the As-Built before (blue row) all of my updates and now after (green row). The top two rows show the different values, and the bottom section is all new (didn't exist previously). Most of the new rows seem to be blank, not sure if that's right or not.

1652105684450.png
One more thing...

1652106014076.png
@Jesse-Infotainment if a PMI is failing to correct this DTC on the DSM, is running a config a good option to try next? Will that do anything different?

Something interesting is that the 744-41-XX and 744-42-XX values that exist locally are not showing when I pull down my data from Ford. It's been over 24 hours since I first updated that module.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment if a PMI is failing to correct this DTC on the DSM, is running a config a good option to try next? Will that do anything different?

Something interesting is that the 744-41-XX and 744-42-XX values that exist locally are not showing when I pull down my data from Ford. It's been over 24 hours since I first updated that module.
Config is not for replacing a module.. Just run it and see. I have had it work where a pMI fails.

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Network Eng
Anyone know if the new vxnano firmware fixes the corruption glitch? Just trying to decide if it is worth paying for another 2 days of fdrs now or wait and get a mongoose?
Sponsored

Last edited: