Sponsored

jeffm4688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum, 2012 M3
I'm working on updating for bluecruise as of this morning although I seem to of hit a snag. I did IPMA or whatever the big one is along with most of the others but APIM seems to be giving me some difficulty.

I was able to write to the flash drive and update but I think I am stuck in the reboot loop problem. I gave the truck a good amount of time before turning it on but everytime I do turn it on it tells me to reboot to finish update.

I am currently giving it about an hour this time around to see if it helps, but is there anything else I should be doing?
Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I am currently giving it about an hour this time around to see if it helps, but is there anything else I should be doing?
Make sure all keys are as far away from the truck as you can get them inside. I left the spare hanging by the garage door and it was close enough to keep the truck awake.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
If I do this on my own I would need the mongoose interface and a laptop. I was thinking since I don’t have a laptop can I just use a long extension cable to my pc?
you need a powered adapter for a run that long. It’s actually better to setup the desktop in the garage or driveway (canopy recommended). Long CAT5 cables or USB WiFi adapters are cheaper and more reliable than USB extenders.

jeffm4688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum, 2012 M3
Make sure all keys are as far away from the truck as you can get them inside. I left the spare hanging by the garage door and it was close enough to keep the truck awake.
didn't realize the truck had to be asleep with the key away from it (i leave the key in the truck full time), so I am supposed to just leave the door open and wait for it to go to sleep and it'll do the update?

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
you need a powered adapter for a run that long. It’s actually better to setup the desktop in the garage or driveway (canopy recommended). Long CAT5 cables or USB WiFi adapters are cheaper and more reliable than USB extenders.
+1 on this. I used my desktop and a powered USB cord on mine and had no issues. I was even able to work on Friday with FDRS doing its thing in the background.

Sponsored

jeffm4688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum, 2012 M3
didn't realize the truck had to be asleep with the key away from it (i leave the key in the truck full time), so I am supposed to just leave the door open and wait for it to go to sleep and it'll do the update?
replying to myself here, but I did attempt this and still a no go, the system would of automatically handled any other updates which would of needed to be done before APIM right?

I just turned the truck on, it boots up says update ready please restart and I turned it off and left the door open. going to try and leave it for an hour, the key is with me inside as it was last time. I was already on 2.3.0 (so latest not including early access) if that matters

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
close the door, lock the truck, hide the key. Wait 20 minutes.

jeffm4688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum, 2012 M3
awesome, this did it, apim finally took, waiting for tcu now.

jeffm4688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum, 2012 M3
tcm done, gpm done. a new ipc update popped up. I figure after this IPC update I will be good for bluecruise except for this stupid abs update.

abs wants me to update to G2199389-5.0 and I click the update, it does everything perfect, ends with telling me to turn the car off and I restart it and boom it acts like I never did the update. Very odd.

Last edited:

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
What is the best way to save the current as built file before starting the updates with FDRS, I can't find anything to open them once downloaded

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
This was probably a safe method, but there is a more predictable one.

First, it doesn’t matter where you leave the key fob. If the truck is secure (in the garage), you can leave the fob in the cupholder. If it isn’t secure, take it out of your pocket and leave it in a secure location. The trick is to not allow the fob to approach the truck during shutdown. The approach triggers the proximity sensors, which keeps the truck awake.

Second, 20 minutes is probably sufficient but if you want a visual cue as to when the truck has actually shut down and the relays have reset, look in the back window (don’t open any doors) and look at the LED halo around the rear seat USB ports. If the halo is dark, the truck has shut down. If not, wait longer.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
What’s the lowest cost someone could get into doing this for their truck for?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
$500 for the mongoose, $50 for a two day license.

Or if you have someone nearby that has an adapter that works (not the VCX Nano) you'd just need the FDRS license for $50

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
It depends do you have the hardware for blue cruise

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired