1FTFX1E81MKE01710

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
Do OTAs update all the FDRS available modules (excluding recall modules)? I understand that individual OTAs will not necessarily update all available modules in FDRS in one go, but if someone was fully up-to-date with OTAs would any modules be left in FDRS that wouldn't be part of a recall or future OTA?

For instance, are there any modules leftover between OTA 2.3.0 and those with Job 1s without BC who updated everything themselves?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@wvfan44 congrats on Bluecruise :)

I assure you that your "head unit" isn't a power up version.
It's a build/revision value instead.

I know it's confusing because of the language used regarding OTA, but this thread pretty much establishes that the OTA power up value is no longer indicative of a trucks software version once FDRS is in play.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Do OTAs update all the FDRS available modules (excluding recall modules)? I understand that individual OTAs will not necessarily update all available modules in FDRS in one go, but if someone was fully up-to-date with OTAs would any modules be left in FDRS that wouldn't be part of a recall or future OTA?

For instance, are there any modules leftover between OTA 2.3.0 and those with Job 1s without BC who updated everything themselves?

Thanks!
OTAs cannot update everything based on information people have found. Even if you were at 2.5.3 from OTA, there would still be other modules with updates available and the only way to get them is FDRS.

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
Thanks. For the ones that can only be updated with FDRS are the modules making noticeable changes to the user? Better shifting, MPG, etc.?

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker

Attachments

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Thanks. For the ones that can only be updated with FDRS are the modules making noticeable changes to the user? Better shifting, MPG, etc.?
There’s no generic answer to this. For me, some of the updates have been purely prophylactic. So, my only current experience comes from knowing I’ve done whatever I could to head off a problem with a particular module in the future. It’s hard to quantify that kind of experience. It’s akin to preventive maintenance.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
TCU
APIM
GWM

TCU will most likely also trigger the APIM after it completes. Once those 2 (TCU + APIM) are done you'll likely get 1 or 2 GWM updates with one final APIM. (1 TCU, 2 APIM and 2 GWM updates in total is what I got)

Once all of these are done then you can tackle the IPC. As for the first post I do recommend using the Mongoose adaptor for these over the Nano and reverting back any forscan changes you made to any of these modules before starting.
did any of these module updates require the use of a USB stick for you ? I wish you lived cose by so I could borrow your tools ....

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
did any of these module updates require the use of a USB stick for you ? I wish you lived cose by so I could borrow your tools ....
All except TCU required USB stick to update.

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I was intimidated at first too but it walks you through everything. You just put a blank USB stick in the computer. FDRS downloads the files and copies them to the usb, it then instructs you to insert the USB in the slot next to the usb-c port the one under your climat controls. Power on the truck and it starts updating. Pretty easy to follow.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
I was intimidated at first too but it walks you through everything. You just put a blank USB stick in the computer. FDRS downloads the files and copies them to the usb, it then instructs you to insert the USB in the slot next to the usb-c port the one under your climat controls. Power on the truck and it starts updating. Pretty easy to follow.
you make it sound so easy. i am having a hard time spending the $500. I think mine is very close the dealer has done all but three updates to mine but now they have given up and will no longer help.
Sponsored