Sponsored

txsize210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hey guys, been lurking around for a while and would just like to report my success here. I'm not sure if I was lucky but I was using a old Drew tech mongoose for honda, not the new opus mongoose. I did the 1.7.1 fix with adaptors and did all the updates. The only issue I had was I bricked the abs unit and the whole truck didn't start but had ign. Had a purple box in the abs, big shout out to @Jesse-Infotainment for helping me fix that. I believe FDRS only downloaded one file and was missing one other file. He sideloaded my original and it was back to normal. Had that restart loop at the GWM but I just yanked the battery and got over it. Everything went pretty quick except the ipc which was 4hr 10min.

I don't recommend anyone using other then the approved cable. I just use my honda mongoose as a test to see if it can do anything at all since I have it already.

Truck is 302a no bc, no 360
Sponsored

morrisosu

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 PB
Random Q, but have you guys had any issues with the USB IPC update never starting? Assuming if it it never starts you have to use the molasses method via CAN? So far my hour 4 into this has been good, this has been the first snag.

KevinP

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
I'm having issues performing the TSB to get past the stuck APIM. The ethernet step keeps failing with Exception: +Flashing. Please wait....Anyone else have this issue? I'm wondering if it's because my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port so I got a random adapter for that side (the truck to ethernet side I used an approved adapter)

Flash.PNG
What did you do to get past this error? I'm still getting the Exception setting the ethernet adapter error during this step. I'm using a Microsoft surface and have tried the ethernet adapter built into the docking station, and various USB adapters going to an ethernet cable going to the approved startech adapter.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hey guys, been lurking around for a while and would just like to report my success here. I'm not sure if I was lucky but I was using a old Drew tech mongoose for honda, not the new opus mongoose. I did the 1.7.1 fix with adaptors and did all the updates. The only issue I had was I bricked the abs unit and the whole truck didn't start but had ign. Had a purple box in the abs, big shout out to @Jesse-Infotainment for helping me fix that. I believe FDRS only downloaded one file and was missing one other file. He sideloaded my original and it was back to normal. Had that restart loop at the GWM but I just yanked the battery and got over it. Everything went pretty quick except the ipc which was 4hr 10min.

I don't recommend anyone using other then the approved cable. I just use my honda mongoose as a test to see if it can do anything at all since I have it already.

Truck is 302a no bc, no 360
That was a scary one. The abs, pcm and BCM all have to approve the PATS key to start.

your issue was not your fault. Fdrs only showed the strategy file availableso when you did the update it didn’t install the ecu config and you had the mismatch and it bricked.

the result of a bricked abs is no start. Thankfully I was able to find the old file and load it and get him back to life. If not no one could have fixed it because the dealer would have had the same result.

glad you are all updated. Glad I was able to help!

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
@txsize210 are you saying you used anon-Ford labeled Mongoose adapter without issue? Any problems other than the ABS module update? Really curious to know.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Random Q, but have you guys had any issues with the USB IPC update never starting? Assuming if it it never starts you have to use the molasses method via CAN? So far my hour 4 into this has been good, this has been the first snag.
Yeah if the usb doesn kick off can bus is the only option. Make sure the usb has the manifest on it. Also the IPC is two parts for the 12” digital cluster

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@txsize210 are you saying you used anon-Ford labeled Mongoose adapter without issue? Any problems other than the ABS module update? Really curious to know.
Yeah I freaking was like you did what? He said yeah honda cable.. It worked for him though. I used it to load that file no problem. Even did the Can FD. I thought at first that was his issue unitl he said he did the IPMA which is Can Fd.

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
So if I am at the ford power up 2.3.0, I shouldn’t have to do the Ethernet connection, right? Just the mongoose cable and usb drive?

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
What did you do to get past this error? I'm still getting the Exception setting the ethernet adapter error during this step. I'm using a Microsoft surface and have tried the ethernet adapter built into the docking station, and various USB adapters going to an ethernet cable going to the approved startech adapter.
I ended up switching computers. I lugged my desktop PC and a monitor into my
garage. This did bypass the use of any Ethernet adapter on the PC side, but also before I was using my work laptop which might have some antivirus software I couldn't disable. I'm not sure what made it work.

Sponsored

gwallers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I have success with Bluecruise and cam in motion but should I be worried that the ABS and GSM still show in updates although all the updates finished and said success?

gwallers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
So if I am at the ford power up 2.3.0, I shouldn’t have to do the Ethernet connection, right? Just the mongoose cable and usb drive?
I was at 2.3.0 and had to do no Ethernet. Just mongoose, usb , battery maintainer.

txsize210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
No problems with updating. Just the normal lost comms and that reboot loop.

I remembered reading somewhere back in the day that you can not have honda hds and ford ids on the same machine. Got me thinking their software must be similar, i have used it in the past with forscan with no problems so thought i would give it a shot at updating.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I have success with Bluecruise and cam in motion but should I be worried that the ABS and GSM still show in updates although all the updates finished and said success?
No they seem to stick around for most folks well after the updates are done. Just ignore them.
Sponsored