First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Yeah unfortunately that one seems to kick off when it feels like it. Some have suggested a long drive. Some disconnect the battery charge it for a while it is disconnected and then reconnect and had that work.. iceman drove for a few days and it kicked in.. so yeah just leave it in
I haven’t tried this but maybe giving the APIM a direct nudge might help. Leave the flash drive in, log into FDRS and run a self-test. Might wake it up and cause it to recognize the flash drive.
I’ll try that. Would it be a bad idea to update other modules while waiting for the APIM USB?
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I’ll try that. Would it be a bad idea to update other modules while waiting for the APIM USB?
I can’t say for sure. But take a look through the other options. My practice is that if there’s a GWM update, I usually apply that first before proceeding to other modules. One thing you might try is to update everything else you can and then try the APIM again at the end from scratch with a fresh download on a clean drive. It doesn’t sound like it‘s doing anything right now except sitting there waiting to kick off.

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I’m fully updated and have Blue Cruise! Huge thanks to all of those helping in this thread. The last gateway and APIM installed from USB super fast. Was expecting a long wait but each was done in probably less than 20 Mins. I didn’t have any other updates available so not sure if that made a difference or not.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I’m fully updated and have Blue Cruise! Huge thanks to all of those helping in this thread. The last gateway and APIM installed from USB super fast. Was expecting a long wait but each was done in probably less than 20 Mins. I didn’t have any other updates available so not sure if that made a difference or not.
Another FDRS success story with the help of a lot of awesome f150gen14.com members! Congrats enjoy your new features. We have all been waiting long enough

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Ok so with a 302A, 8 inch cluster, with 360 cams, no BC

I'm at 21281 revision 244 and not seeing anymore updates.

I only have an ACM "update" showing that seems to be for adding a woofer (it asks if adding one) that just fails:

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1648324334840

Not sure if it's normal to be stuck here at 244 now or not. But no cams at speed or on the side yet so hopefully not as those were what I was hoping to get ?‍♂

Last edited:

Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Anybody tried disabling the double honk with BC updates installed? I don’t want to mess all my work and tons of help from others in this forum.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Anybody tried disabling the double honk with BC updates installed? I don’t want to mess all my work and tons of help from others in this forum.
I had it prior, never removed it. Works fine. All my ForScan changes work fine. I had to renter a few after update.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I don’t have BC, but I received all the same updates with the exception of the driver spy cam. I had no problems with a disabled double honk. That FORScan change is to the BCM. That module was not updated in the last round so it shouldn’t create any conflicts.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I have BC and it works great. The only forscan changes that I made before the BC update was double honk disable, and Bambi mode. I left all my changes before applying updates with FDRS and I don't have any issues.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
The only issues that some have had including myself was with FORScan changes to the APIM, IPC & IPMA. That's not to say everyone will have issues but any mods done on those modules should be reverted to avoid any configuration mismatches and/or update failures.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok so with a 302A, 8 inch cluster, with 360 cams, no BC

I'm at 21281 revision 244 and not seeing anymore updates.

I only have an ACM "update" showing that seems to be for adding a woofer (it asks if adding one) that just fails:

1648324334840.png

Not sure if it's normal to be stuck here at 244 now or not. But no cams at speed or on the side yet so hopefully not as those were what I was hoping to get ?‍♂
I am thinking you guys have a similar issue to the 12” cluster guys a file mismatch in the cluster update prevents the updates

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
After my experience and reading here about others, I agree the IPC updates are problematic, and it's on Ford's end and not ours. Some people with complex Forscan changes have had no issues with the IPC, while some with no Forscan changes get their IPC hung. I think it's a problem child for Ford right now.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
I am thinking you guys have a similar issue to the 12” cluster guys a file mismatch in the cluster update prevents the updates
@Jesse-Infotainment, Is there a way to reinitiate the IPC update? My whole update was over CAN, never an option for USB during the install. It took about 6.5 hrs as most here have been saying to complete. I do not recall any DTC's after update.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
After my experience and reading here about others, I agree the IPC updates are problematic, and it's on Ford's end and not ours. Some people with complex Forscan changes have had no issues with the IPC, while some with no Forscan changes get their IPC hung. I think it's a problem child for Ford right now.
I can agree with that... I have not made any FORSCAN changes at all. The last OTA I received was 2.3.0 OTA, then I believe it was a GWM update. Not that long after the GWM OTA that I completed the IPC update.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
I’ve had my Powerboost on most of the day waiting for APIM USB to kick. This while I work on the honey-do list and check the screen for the message (no way the wife is going to let me sit in my truck all day and “play around”?)

No luck on the update. Interestingly, however, the PB is on and I still have the power supply hooked up in PS mode and the ICE hasn’t fired since I first turned it on. Guess the supply is good enough to run the systems (lights and HVAC are off)
Sponsored