Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I've gotten everything installed until the IPMA failed and now I have DTCs like a Christmas tree. I've tried to run it again and it appears to be running but still fails. Attached is a PDFs of a print out of all of the DTCs now.

IPMA Error.png
Those are t really odd. When a canbus update goes it cuts comma to everything. Let me know if you can’t get it I can fix it so don’t worry like you didn’t something you can’t recover.
I’d suggest to chill tonight and try in the am
Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Does not always follow a time . Just make sure u and your Keys are away from it.
I left truck running until it told me restart required to finish update. Then I closed my doors, unhooked computer took my keys and walked away for 30 minutes. When i returned I just turn ignition on did not start and got update successfully. Then I hooked computer back up to verify.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Doing the GWM module update now. Everything that I've read has said wait 10-15 minutes after the truck says to turn vehicle off/back on. I'm going on 50 minutes now and I still haven't gotten the 'update complete' message. Is this ok?
Are you referring to a USB update?
And you have restarted the truck engine on and waiting for notification on Sync screen to remove USB?

If so, yea, in my opinion if you don't get the notification within a real 5 minutes, then you either shutdown the truck and restart it again, or just hope that on one of your normal drives you will get there.

Put another way, I don't think just letting the truck run for long periods of time does anything.

Just my opinion

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Hey Mr Snakebitten did u ever have issues with reversing assist not functioning and say refer to manual. Something new for me

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Those are t really odd. When a canbus update goes it cuts comma to everything. Let me know if you can’t get it I can fix it so don’t worry like you didn’t something you can’t recover.
I’d suggest to chill tonight and try in the am
Thanks. I’ve stopped for tonight and will try again tomorrow. Everything has gone smooth until this last one.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok. Well we can fix it if you can’t get it handled just let me know

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Got to my first IPC update.

First step was 1918 steps.Then apparently a 99198 step update. Has been running for 5 hours and at 75000. And there’s still block 2 after? Didn’t realize IPC was ever this big :oops:. Guess it’s a late night for me :LOL:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Hey Mr Snakebitten did u ever have issues with reversing assist not functioning and say refer to manual. Something new for me
I encountered the notification after an update. I don't remember which module exactly is the culprit for the warning, but I didn't make any effort to address it. Instead it just stopped happening.
I don't know if the module recalibrates after a few key cycles, or if it was another update that finally fixes it, but I do know it's one of those things that I didn't have to do anything about directly.

I also think that my lane centering is back to being more precise than it was immediately after the last round of updates. Those that included the IPMA. I know that I didn't run any kind of calibration routine for that malady either.

In fact, the whole truck is back to normal, but better. It's subjective, of course, but everything is more refined as a total package. The motor is smooth, the throttle response polished, the shifting is more consistent and predictable, the fuel economy is as good as it ever has been. I'm convinced that what I really have is a truck far closer to the second year product than the beta? :)

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I am officially updated and free of errors, FINALLY. I wanted to consolidate some information and share the troubles I encountered, so if anyone else does too, they know what to do or look for.

I didn't have trouble with updates kicking off or DTC's with IPC, I was one of the lucky ones in that regard.

Problems I did run into:

1) Attempting an update and FDRS threw the error that the update ended in an "error state". Solution: likely something wrong with FDRS and/or your laptop. Wiping my laptop and installing a fresh copy of windows and FDRS fixed this issue for me.

2) Power running boards failed to work after DSM update (or any feature not working after DSM update).
Solution: use forscan and the google sheets guide (located in the Forscan thread on this forum, credit to @Livnitup, there are tabs at the bottom for each module and details on what each line controls) and check your AS BUILT data. For some, the DSM update changed the data and disabled the running boards, essentially telling the truck they aren't there anymore. In my case, the as built data was good, but changing it to "not present", saving it, and then changing it back to "present" brought my running boards back to life. I went to line 744-23-02 and changed **xx-xxxx to 00 for this and then changed it back to 01.

3) New 360 camera features and cameras at speed (some, not all) are MISSING after updates are all done.
Solution: the culprit is again the as built data in the APIM module (thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment for coming through in the clutch and figuring this one out!). For me, the culprit was line 7D0-01-02 in the APIM module, changing it to Axxx-xxxx-xxxx (original value was 6) fixed all my issues.

I hope this helps anyone who comes across these issues, and as always, happy updating!

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
I know I am way behind everyone at this point. But from experience I know it's hard to follow along now in a 190 page thread :)

Started at stuck 1.7.1, revision 144 today.

1 - GWM - usb. success, horn/lights showed up in fordpass
2 - APIM - usb. success - sync revision went from 144 to 244. can schedule updates multiple days now
3 - previous update automatically started update TCU - success, then stuck on config, @Jesse-Infotainment re-assured me... seemed ok after restarting FDRS. everything green and updates showing correctly.
4 - GWM - failed right away. then the update disappeared...
5 - DDM - no usb. success
6 - PDM - no usb. success
7 - FDRS went down or something (all dowloads failing) so took a break
8 - FDRS back. GWM update appeared again. failed with a comm error. disappeared again...
9 - IPC - no usb. 1918 steps. thought I was done but then 99198 steps. didn't expect this to be so long, but 7 hours later, success

done for the day. still dont even have securialert in fordpass at this point but got somewhere ?‍♂. not sure what's going on with that GWM update but will hopefully resolve next attempts...

Last edited:

Sponsored

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
I dove in tonight. Took me a minute to figure I needed TWO different Motorcraft accounts. The one used to buy the license is NOT the one that works for logging into FDRS. The link for that is in FDRS “reset password” - after you’ve entered the license number.

I started with APIM. Created the USB and that took two tries - first one said it failed after loading all the files onto the USB. When I tried again it must have seen the files, called it good, and told me to insert into truck USB.

Waited about 30 minutes with no take so I’m headed in for the night. Left the USB in. But had to tell FDRS it didn’t work so I could close the program. I assume those who take days/weeks for the APIM to kick off don’t leave FDRS open that whole time???

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Got to my first IPC update.

First step was 1918 steps.Then apparently a 99198 step update. Has been running for 5 hours and at 75000. And there’s still block 2 after? Didn’t realize IPC was ever this big :oops:. Guess it’s a late night for me :LOL:
yup that one is a long one!

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
I tried the TSB 22-2117 OTA fix today. Didn’t work for me. I’m wondering if it wasn’t happy since I’m already updated past 1.7.1.

I suspect there are 2 parts to this “fix”: one applies the APIM repair to allow for easier updates where we all struggled at 1.7.1 and the second is Ford fixing the server side to allow the failed 1.7.1 data to clear on their servers and to allow new updates to push.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 664F418A-98B2-4106-B7BF-0630FD226E45

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I tried the TSB 22-2117 OTA fix today. Didn’t work for me. I’m wondering if it wasn’t happy since I’m already updated past 1.7.1.

I suspect there are 2 parts to this “fix”: one applies the APIM repair to allow for easier updates where we all struggled at 1.7.1 and the second is Ford fixing the server side to allow the failed 1.7.1 data to clear on their servers and to allow new updates to push.

664F418A-98B2-4106-B7BF-0630FD226E45.jpeg
That is only for people with 21146 and a greyed out uodates options page. No one else

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I left truck running until it told me restart required to finish update. Then I closed my doors, unhooked computer took my keys and walked away for 30 minutes. When i returned I just turn ignition on did not start and got update successfully. Then I hooked computer back up to verify.
I’m not sure whether this is a contributing factor or not, but you really shouldn’t be disconnecting your laptop at all during the procedure. When you shut down the truck, leave the laptop connected to your truck and logged into FDRS.

As for wait time after turning off the ignition, 30 minutes is fine but what you really want is to check for signs that all of the relays have reset. There is no set time for that. But you know the truck is as “dead” as it’s ever going to get when the LED halos around the rear seat USB ports have extinguished. The it’s safe to restart the truck to complete the post-install validation. But leave the laptop connected and running during this wait time.
Sponsored