Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Full newbie with FDRS here and I know I am waaay behind, but just reporting my first success.

I've been stuck at 1.7.1 for a long time. No horn/lights, no securialert. Want to eventually get to having cams at speed (I have 360 but no BC).

Updated the GWM first and success and now have the horn/lights feature show up in the fordpass app.

So I'm just glad something worked, doing the APIM next :)
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Right, Just weird that they would push a GWM update for bluecruise if that was the case.
Yeah I know. There is a guy in mexico that got the Gateway and Nothing else. His truck is a limited and came with the CMR and he doesnt even have a PMI option for the CMR. He didnt get any of the updates either, but he did get gateway. I did too. So I think as long as ford controls the activation end they will send those out dince there are other things impacted with the update and they dont have to push 10 different updates based on what package you have

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Not so fast on the hybrid engine cold odd behavior going away when warm. This afternoon I was driving some familiar routes and noticed the ice was running. And mileage was lower than usual. Tapped the brake to transition to electric and it did not transition as I expected. Popped up the power flow screen and it said engine on due to cold. Not a chance. Digital water temp was 185. 185-193 is typical range with 189 usual. And outside air temp was 75. And I was running the AC because cab was warm due to greenhouse while parked. Hopefully this will clear up. But warming it up and interstate driving prior to the stop didn’t alleviate the issue.
Just an update. 36 hours post FDRS updates and Hybrid function has returned to normal. Not sure why the "cold" thing showed up. But hasn't been a factor all day. So maybe warm plus x number of engine on/off cycles and it clears up?

And a side note. Been 374 days since I picked up my truck. And for the first time EVERYTHING WORKS as Ford said it eventually would. Thanks all. Really took a "neighborhood" to get it done.

Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So my first APIM update was a success but kicked off a TCU update automatically after it.

USB completed and validate passed and then it failed on configure. Retried a couple times and now it's been stuck here a long time (30 mins?) and the progress bar keeps repeating.

Is this normal or what do here? The first two were very quick here so it appears stuck...

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1648235869786

Last edited:

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
If you have to I can side load it and ship it back.

also tell him to PMI it before anything else.
ok, just picked up the truck andIPMA isn’t bricked. It’s green in fdrs. No updates available in fdrs but the tech doesn’t believe block 4 went through.

I can’t tell exactly what’s going on, but I have a cable and fdrs for the weekend.

Need ideas!!

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So my first APIM update was a success but kicked off a TCU update automatically after it.

USB completed and validate passed and then it failed on configure. Retried a couple times and now it's been stuck here a long time (30 mins?) and the progress bar keeps repeating.

Is this normal or what do here? The first two were very quick here so it appears stuck...

1648235869786.png
Still stuck here... Sorry that I'm such a newbie. Anyone?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
ok, just picked up the truck andIPMA isn’t bricked. It’s green in fdrs. No updates available in fdrs but the tech doesn’t believe block 4 went through.

I can’t tell exactly what’s going on, but I have a cable and fdrs for the weekend.

Need ideas!!
Gave them already..

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

1648235869786.png
As long as you were successful in the update youll be ok. Try to run a config in a few days NOT a PMI a config. The update was mandatory they were together to that update. If they were not done together the TCU wouldnt work

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Try restarting your computer and try "GWM Module Configuration" option under the GWM module section.
thanks, the GWM update started. In the reboot wait now. Let’s see what comes up when that is done.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Just an update. 36 hours post FDRS updates and Hybrid function has returned to normal. Not sure why the "cold" thing showed up. But hasn't been a factor all day. So maybe warm plus x number of engine on/off cycles and it clears up?

And a side note. Been 374 days since I picked up my truck. And for the first time EVERYTHING WORKS as Ford said it eventually would. Thanks all. Really took a "neighborhood" to get it done.
I'm one of the ones stuck in the OTA purgatory. My truck did the same thing, one time, a few weeks ago. No electric for over 20 miles and engine cold for the reason, temp gauge was showing normal operating temp. I stopped for 30 minutes then all was normal. I've just chalked it up to a one time computer booting glitch.
Sponsored