Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Anyone in the central NJ area with a Mongoose I can rent for a few days?
Sponsored

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
So my truck is at the dealer getting the BC updates installed but the IPMA updated failed on block 4 yesterday and since then he cannot complete IPMA or start GWM.

According to the tech, FDRS doesn’t show an update for the IPMA anymore. I can confirm that someone pulled my updates available shortly after and there was no IPMA update available.

I’m waiting to hear back if the module is purple or if there are DTCs showing.

I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to proceed, he’s waiting on a recovery file from ford but they haven’t responded since early yesterday afternoon.

Would a PMI possibly work or would it show up as updatable if I hooked it to a different laptop?

I’m trying to help throw suggestions his way and prepare myself for fixing this myself if it’s not going to get done today.

Thanks

1FTFW1ED2MFB10996

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here is my IPMA module I for if that helps

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 0E427350-785B-4D7F-AF5B-AFC0C8126516

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS EE585301-9FD9-4E74-8934-2F871BDF5D4E

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And GWM

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 649F8617-4550-4C62-A1AD-21A13CCBD968

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So my truck is at the dealer getting the BC updates installed but the IPMA updated failed on block 4 yesterday and since then he cannot complete IPMA or start GWM.

According to the tech, FDRS doesn’t show an update for the IPMA anymore. I can confirm that someone pulled my updates available shortly after and there was no IPMA update available.

I’m waiting to hear back if the module is purple or if there are DTCs showing.

I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to proceed, he’s waiting on a recovery file from ford but they haven’t responded since early yesterday afternoon.

Would a PMI possibly work or would it show up as updatable if I hooked it to a different laptop?

I’m trying to help throw suggestions his way and prepare myself for fixing this myself if it’s not going to get done today.

Thanks

1FTFW1ED2MFB10996
If you have to I can side load it and ship it back.

also tell him to PMI it before anything else.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm guessing you're pulling that from the widget? You do re-download the data over again for the latest?
1648209090819.png
thats from the widget and it was downloaded moments before I posted

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you have to I can side load it and ship it back.

also tell him to PMI it before anything else.
i suggested he do a PMI. Thanks, but I’m in Canada, shipping cost and time would be crazy.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yeah. Well a PMI SHOULD get you going again. I typically say to avoid on a IPMA but in this situation it will be the only way to correct it.

Let me know if it doesnt happen we will have to go a side load route. I can send you an IPMA I have shipping for the company its not bad I ship to canada all the time.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah. Well a PMI SHOULD get you going again. I typically say to avoid on a IPMA but in this situation it will be the only way to correct it.

Let me know if it doesnt happen we will have to go a side load route. I can send you an IPMA I have shipping for the company its not bad I ship to canada all the time.
Why avoid an IPMA PMI normally?

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
But if I'm still going get myself past the stuck 1.7.1 update with the Nano as I already have it is there any other module updates I need to avoid than the CCM? A later IPMA update that includes a CCM update I think? I do not need to go all the way to BC as I don't have it so just want to fix the stuck 1.7.1 mainly and can stop shortly after...
PSCM, CMR, CCM, & IPMA all get updated together I believe, so avoid any of those modules with the Nano.

Not so fast on the hybrid engine cold odd behavior going away when warm. This afternoon I was driving some familiar routes and noticed the ice was running. And mileage was lower than usual. Tapped the brake to transition to electric and it did not transition as I expected. Popped up the power flow screen and it said engine on due to cold. Not a chance. Digital water temp was 185. 185-193 is typical range with 189 usual. And outside air temp was 75. And I was running the AC because cab was warm due to greenhouse while parked. Hopefully this will clear up. But warming it up and interstate driving prior to the stop didn’t alleviate the issue.
After both PCM updates I've done, the system won't go to electric only the first run/drive after updating. As soon as I stop the truck, let it power down and sit for several minutes so everything shuts down, it's back to normal next start. I'm not sure what the PCM update does, but it seems to only affect the first start after updating.

Anyone in the central NJ area with a Mongoose I can rent for a few days?
Where at in NJ?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Why avoid an IPMA PMI normally?
You will need to recalibrate the lane keeping cam and your 360 cams. That alone can be a pain. Ive had to do it several times. the 360 cam calibration takes an hour. The lane keep about 20 mins. It can fail while or not stick. Now its not every time you do a PMI but if you had a fail during a update likely hood is youll need to.

Another note for anyone that does need to recalibrate

If you have 360 cams ONLY run the 360 cam calibration even if you have Pro Trailer Back up Assist

If you have rear cam only and have PTBA then run the PBA calibration

If you have rear cam only no PBA also run PBA Calibration.

I only say this due to people making the mistake of running the 360 cam and after the PBA calibration.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Just testing the water here but is everyone that’s updating since the TSB having their OTA info also update to reflect not being stuck?

Is anyone who was updated prior to the TSB have their OTA info reflect being unstuck

Just wondering so I know whether or not to keep my case open with Ford OTA or close it. My info still shows I’m stuck even though I’m updated and everything appears to be ok.
Yes I did.

I got my 1.7.1 unstuck a few months ago, but before that the OTA status showed the failed 1.7.1 update. About a week later after I got over the hump Ford tried to push OTA 2.3 to my truck but it failed because of a bad battery. My OTA status to this day still reflects the failed 2.3 because I have now manually updated myself all the way to BC.

I expect that whenever the next OTA gets pushed (an update to BC?) that I'll get it and the OTA status will reflect it as well

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Anyone with a non Blue Cruise 360 camera truck. Are you also stuck on Sync 21281 rev244 or are you on a higher version?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Anyone with a non Blue Cruise 360 camera truck. Are you also stuck on Sync 21281 rev244 or are you on a higher version?
I'm 360 no/Bluecruise

I'm 2 APIM updates beyond 21281 rev244

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220320_195900

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220320_201702
Sponsored