Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Reactions: sbi

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
hey guys, got a question. what does this process do, and how can you tell if it is needed? besides just saying if you update ddm/pdm do this... is there a symptom to watch for to know you need to do this, or can you do it with forscan/outside fdrs (like pushing buttons in a certain sequence)? we updated a homie's truck, and didn't run these. wondering if we need to grab another license just for this.
Never bothered to do that, I also read it in this thread. No issues with window bounce back. I believe Forscan can run the same calibration but I haven't looked because it ain't broke. :)

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Got ya. So it is probably stuck on something else. Never received an update OTA.
You can guesstimate your place in the OTA madness by looking at the other sticky thread in this area covering OTA updates. Rugedraw maintains nice spreadsheet there. I was more behind than you when I updated with FDRS and it was a full two day project.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
IPMA underway.

setup the nest so I can go inside.
First time I’m doing these module updates and it’s above 30*

much more enjoyable this way!

IMG_1491.png
I have a spare cam I should have thought of that!
Enjoy your long night ahead. :)

Sponsored

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
IPMA underway.

setup the nest so I can go inside.
First time I’m doing these module updates and it’s above 30*

much more enjoyable this way!

IMG_1491.png
check out teamviewer.

They have an iPad app so I would just sit inside and control everything from my couch. Only go outside to key on/off.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
You can guesstimate your place in the OTA madness by looking at the other sticky thread in this area covering OTA updates. Rugedraw maintains nice spreadsheet there. I was more behind than you when I updated with FDRS and it was a full two day project.
So, assuming I am looking at the correct thread, I suspect that I am on 1.7.1 as well.
1.7.1. is September 2021 update.
The next update is 2.1.0 from December 2021. We don't know when in December this update was pushed, but my truck was built on December 9, 2021, so there is a pretty good chance that my truck, although "Job 2", is still on 1.7.1.
Is this the thread you are referring to? https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-history-thread-f-150-lightning-mach-e.16968/

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1713268041535-iq

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
hey guys, got a question. what does this process do, and how can you tell if it is needed? besides just saying if you update ddm/pdm do this... is there a symptom to watch for to know you need to do this, or can you do it with forscan/outside fdrs (like pushing buttons in a certain sequence)? we updated a homie's truck, and didn't run these. wondering if we need to grab another license just for this.
If I remember correctly, it learns the upper and lower extents of the window travel and calibrates it. Mine had an issue where it always stayed up almost an inch when rolled down and the initialization fixed the problem after updating the modules and then running it afterwards.

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Something I noticed while updating.

The Battery voltage at the OBD reads 12.3, but the voltage at the Battery is 12.6.

I'm not surprised due to various loads and voltage drop with the thin wires, but does this come into play with the 80% SOC charging parameters our trucks are set at?

Meaning 80% is actually 100% due to the voltage reading differently?

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot_20240416_084055

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20240416_084112

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Something I noticed while updating.

The Battery voltage at the OBD reads 12.3, but the voltage at the Battery is 12.6.

I'm not surprised due to various loads and voltage drop with the thin wires, but does this come into play with the 80% SOC charging parameters our trucks are set at?

Meaning 80% is actually 100% due to the voltage reading differently?
You will want to make sure you are doing updates using a power supply and not on battery alone. Some updates will really tax the battery, and you don't want voltage to drop to low.

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Yup, Im using the Victron brand charger.

(I'm in the battery industry, and these are the most accurate and best chargers available for general-purpose recharging)

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
On another note-

I'm trying to "read all modules and systems," but the accessory power keeps timing out.

Questions

1) Will simply pressing the engine start button and turning the accessory power back on keep the reading mode going, or will I have to restart the entire process?

2) is there a way to turn off the time-out feature?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Yup, Im using the Victron brand charger.

(I'm in the battery industry, and these are the most accurate and best chargers available for general-purpose recharging)
Maybe for charging, but if your Victron can’t be locked into power supply mode, it’s not the best choice for programming. Chargers—Victron included—keep amps constant and allow voltage to float. This is exactly the opposite of what you want to do when programming.