First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I've done it a few times but they keep coming back.
unfortunate. It does say incompatible configuration. I wonder if a PMI would help. I see @rugedraw asked about it completing, it does appear it might have not finished the config.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
unfortunate. It does say incompatible configuration. I wonder if a PMI would help. I see @rugedraw asked about it completing, it does appear it might have not finished the config.
If you try the PMI, make sure you select "no" when asked if it is the original module.

ReverendQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
Same thing happened to me. 12 volt warning. Some can get it to clear by driving it some. I tried and it would not clear so I rolled mine back. Then I installed the bCM update a few days later no issue.

I think Skier has a platinum? He would have to confirm. I lose track.

But the headlight issue is going to happen if its going to happen ford has released a memo about it being an incompatible software in the headlight modules.
@Jesse-Infotainment Why not do this for P160A?

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Clear P160A-00 DTC Procedure In ForSca

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I believe you get 3 calendar days regardless of when you start. So if you purchase at 12:01 AM tonight you would get all day Friday through Sunday night at 11:59 PM. I don't recall which time zone they use but I suspect it's ET...
If you buying early morning (Tuesday) you get all of Tuesday, all of Wednesday and all of Thursday. If you log in late Thursday night and stay logged in.....someone said you get an additional 8 hours.

Sponsored

ReverendQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
IM not sure I understand? Did I say not to do that or something?
Oh, sorry I wasn't clear. I'll try again.

I was replying to your post #12008 where I read it to mean you are suggesting to roll-back an update to clear a DTC P160A. I am wondering why you didn't suggest the procedure in ForScan first?

Background: P160A didn't and wouldn't clear for me until I followed the procedure shown in #12798. But I don't know if I got the P160A from using FDRS last weekend or from getting new tires the week before, or other reason.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
P160A isnt the code anyone had. Thats why I was confused. The reason for the roll back was a Brake light and a Voltage code in the ABS module

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I had that error.... I had changed my tires size for the new tires. This caused P160 error to show up. I just set the tire size back to what it was. The speedometer is only out 2kkph at 100kph with the new tires.

ReverendQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I had that error.... I had changed my tires size for the new tires. This caused P160 error to show up. I just set the tire size back to what it was. The speedometer is only out 2kkph at 100kph with the new tires.
I got P160A before I changed the tire size in the BCM and somewhere during the updates done with FDRS. It didn't clear after a week's worth of commutes, but I had tinkered with different tire size changes in the BCM during the week. So, I am not sure if my FDRS programming or tire size changes, see P160A – Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error (Ford) – TroubleCodes.net , caused the P160A but the procedure does seem to clear it...and I hope to return my truck to operating efficiently. (My milage hit for the heavier tires is a bit more than expected). If nothing else maybe these posts will help anybody else with DTC P160A-00.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
My error code was P160A:00-2F. It is a mismatch between IPC and BCM according to Google. I changed my tire size back to factory and the error cleared.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
From what I can figure out from reading different write ups on this P160A error. Changing the tire size, also causes different calculations through out the truck to go out of set parameters within different systems. EG. Odometer, transmission shifting, fuel mileage, just for example. Knowing this, makes me consider the fact that to change tire size to correct speedometer error, I would also have to change a bunch of calculations in different areas of the truck. Not something I want to do.

I will just have to live knowing that my speedometer is out by 2kph at 100kph. As proving with 3 different apps on my phone.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
It did work - same error I had on a buddy's truck yesterday. Do a network scan and clear the DTC's. is all I did.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
hey guys, got a question. what does this process do, and how can you tell if it is needed? besides just saying if you update ddm/pdm do this... is there a symptom to watch for to know you need to do this, or can you do it with forscan/outside fdrs (like pushing buttons in a certain sequence)? we updated a homie's truck, and didn't run these. wondering if we need to grab another license just for this.

APPENDIX II:
If you updated the DDM/PDM modules, you need to run the 'Power Door Window Initialization' for both modules. This can be found in each of the module task window (on the right hand side) in FDRS. This is needed for your windows auto open/close to work
Sponsored