First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yes sorry. I see 39.6.4 now. During the FDRS installation it told me I needed to download and install the VCI software as well. Once that was done, the installation continued on without issue. I do have the account. I believe this is where you purchase the license from?
Yes, the FJDS is the one you need.
Sponsored

jfalat

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 crewcab xlt 3.5
Occupation
truck upfitter
Yes sorry. I see 39.6.4 now. During the FDRS installation it told me I needed to download and install the VCI software as well. Once that was done, the installation continued on without issue. I do have the account. I believe this is where you purchase the license from?

IMG_0497.png
yep that's it..

BluStreak

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Photographer
Do i need to be in the truck with the door closed to do updates? I have searched this thread but couldn't find the answer. I know some require a door open and close cycle for the truck to complete the updates. Can some modules be updated with the door open and others not? Sitting in the truck for 3 hours for an update to complete doesn't sound like fun,

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I set a table up by the front wheel and run the cable through the open window. Just reach in and turn the truck on and off.

Sponsored

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Do i need to be in the truck with the door closed to do updates? I have searched this thread but couldn't find the answer. I know some require a door open and close cycle for the truck to complete the updates. Can some modules be updated with the door open and others not? Sitting in the truck for 3 hours for an update to complete doesn't sound like fun,
I did all my updates with the passenger side door open and rear passenger door window down with a power cord through it for the laptop. When it comes time to power cycle I would close the passenger down and wait for the system to fully shut down. I don't think i even started the truck when it said to have the truck running. Now with that said.

I ALWAYAS start with a fully charged battery - not think it's charged, not think it's OK, FULLY CHARGED!

I always do updates with my Battery charger on Power Supply mode - I have the recommended Clore Automotive PL2320 20-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger

I dedicate time to do the updates and READ the prompts.

jfalat

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 crewcab xlt 3.5
Occupation
truck upfitter
driver door open laptop on center console area.. some update you need to keep the driver door open any way.

BluStreak

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Photographer
I did all my updates with the passenger side door open and rear passenger door window down with a power cord through it for the laptop. When it comes time to power cycle I would close the passenger down and wait for the system to fully shut down. I don't think i even started the truck when it said to have the truck running. Now with that said.

I ALWAYAS start with a fully charged battery - not think it's charged, not think it's OK, FULLY CHARGED!

I always do updates with my Battery charger on Power Supply mode - I have the recommended Clore Automotive PL2320 20-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger

I dedicate time to do the updates and READ the prompts.
driver door open laptop on center console area.. some update you need to keep the driver door open any way.
I set a table up by the front wheel and run the cable through the open window. Just reach in and turn the truck on and off.
Thanks for the info, that is what I was hoping would be the case.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 Ford Ranger, 2023 F-150 Lightning ER
Do the VCX Nano's still mess up the CCM or is there a fix?

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Don't think I ever had doors fully closed for any updates I've done. Most important thing is having truck on external power supply because just being key on engine off takes a lot of power. Keep external power for laptop too so battery won't go dead or have it go to sleep in update process. Then just let it do what it needs to do and binge watch TV on the long updates.

BluStreak

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Photographer
Don't think I ever had doors fully closed for any updates I've done. Most important thing is having truck on external power supply because just being key on engine off takes a lot of power. Keep external power for laptop too so battery won't go dead or have it go to sleep in update process. Then just let it do what it needs to do and binge watch TV on the long updates.
Already have the CL2320, so I'm good to go there. I keep looking for your truck when I'm in Indy, maybe I'll see it on the road someday.
Thanks for the advice

mkinttrim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 4x4 501a
Occupation
retired
Once you use the mongoose and FDRS to update the modules because they never updated do you still have to use them for future updates or this sets it up to get auto updates?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Once you use the mongoose and FDRS to update the modules because they never updated do you still have to use them for future updates or this sets it up to get auto updates?
No, you will still continue to receive OTA updates after you've updated using FDRS. Many times installing FDRS updates puts you ahead of the OTA process, so if you've fully updated your truck in FDRS it could be a while before you see another OTA. But FDRS does not preclude you from the OTA system.

mkinttrim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 4x4 501a
Occupation
retired
No, you will still continue to receive OTA updates after you've updated using FDRS. Many times doing FDRS updates puts you ahead of the OTA process, so if you've fully updated your truck in FDRS it could be a while before you see another OTA. But FDRS does not preclude you from the OTA system.
Thanks you, no updates since 9/10/21 think I'll be on computer for several days
Sponsored