Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Now that they are sending out the fix I will say what the issue was. The issue was the country code was being erased in the TCU causing the TCU to lose comms. It would start with Traffic and weather not working.> then your fordpass.. then you would do a master reset to fix it and couldnt reactivate.

THere are Hundreds and hundreds probably 10s of thousands with the issue. It was one vin after another I would find with the issue. It was across the board Lincoln, Ford.. all models.

Im glad they actually did something about it because it was causing issues for a bunch of people.
Sponsored

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
With ford starting on 2024 models and how they are encrypting the data buss, what will that mean for being able to use code readers? We will not be able to see codes or use forscan?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
With ford starting on 2024 models and how they are encrypting the data buss, what will that mean for being able to use code readers? We will not be able to see codes or use forscan?
OBD codes still have to be available, that interface cannot change. .

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
OBD codes still have to be available, that interface cannot change. .
Too bad that tuning is not going to be possible. This reminds me of the fight farmers have. Kind of the right to repair. Encryption on machines we own. Wonder if future purchase contracts will say that Ford has the right to keep us from tampering with our bus.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Now that they are sending out the fix I will say what the issue was. The issue was the country code was being erased in the TCU causing the TCU to lose comms. It would start with Traffic and weather not working.> then your fordpass.. then you would do a master reset to fix it and couldnt reactivate.

THere are Hundreds and hundreds probably 10s of thousands with the issue. It was one vin after another I would find with the issue. It was across the board Lincoln, Ford.. all models.

Im glad they actually did something about it because it was causing issues for a bunch of people.
So that's why my Fordpass would lose the ability to remote start/unlock from time to time. A master reset was the only fix to get it working! Glad they listened to you Jesse!

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
So that's why my Fordpass would lose the ability to remote start/unlock from time to time. A master reset was the only fix to get it working! Glad they listened to you Jesse!
If my understanding of the issue is correct, a master reset is the worst thing you could have done if you were affected by this. The reset is what would block you from being able to reactivate it.

So, anyone affected by it would need to be connected to wifi for the new 23-PU1113-UNX-DC update to fix it. Jesse told me about it months ago, and apparently Ford has been working on it for a while. because we are almost into the 3rd month of 2024 and this is a 2023 OTA based on the name of the update itself.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
If my understanding of the issue is correct, a master reset is the worst thing you could have done if you were affected by this. The reset is what would block you from being able to reactivate it.
I guess I shouldn't say a master reset, they now have just the Fordpass reset in the options.

Although my poor truck got master reset like 20 times during the 1.7.1 debacle

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Anybody has any info on the new PCM update that's now showing in FDRS for 2021's. Is it safe to download and install?

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
If you have a tune you’ll need to get a modification done to it since it’ll change the strategy code. For me the strategy change from MGL to MGM and Livernois is still working on having that new strategy applied to their tunes. This is why I still have the PCM still in my update list.

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The Ford God's are sure dangling the carrots in front of us 21ers..lol

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Ill send you an Update to get passed it .. Its a FOrd issue nothing you can do
I have the same problem. Just updated all modules in FDRS but APIM has no update. My Sync version is 23159_Product revision 915. Can you help me also?

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have the same problem. Just updated all modules in FDRS but APIM has no update. My Sync version is 23159_Product revision 915. Can you help me also?
Message me

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
I originally updated my truck a year or two ago with FDRS to get BC working on my Job 1 '21.

I decided I wanted to do another round of updates this weekend and redownloaded all of the software on my new computer. I also logged in to my original account on FordService website to purchase the license. (that account just has a username and no email username)

Now that i paid for and entered the license into FDRS I'm getting a "Cannot reach FDRS servers" error

Any tips from anyone? I read that maybe the old username only account could be messing it up - but i cant seem to update it to an email account anywhere

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I originally updated my truck a year or two ago with FDRS to get BC working on my Job 1 '21.

I decided I wanted to do another round of updates this weekend and redownloaded all of the software on my new computer. I also logged in to my original account on FordService website to purchase the license. (that account just has a username and no email username)

Now that i paid for and entered the license into FDRS I'm getting a "Cannot reach FDRS servers" error

Any tips from anyone? I read that maybe the old username only account could be messing it up - but i cant seem to update it to an email account anywhere
Yes, that's the problem. You may need to create a new user name so that it is an email address.
Sponsored