Sponsored

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
Question for you programming experts. My truck has been at the dealer for 2 weeks now getting the DSP module replaced (I had a popping sound when starting the truck). They tried to update my original DSP module back in October and failed, so a new one was ordered. They can't get the new one to work in the truck, so they're now waiting on Ford engineering to help them out. Are you guys aware of challenges trying to get these programmed? They have no timeline for me to get this sorted out because of the backlog at Ford.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Question for you programming experts. My truck has been at the dealer for 2 weeks now getting the DSP module replaced (I had a popping sound when starting the truck). They tried to update my original DSP module back in October and failed, so a new one was ordered. They can't get the new one to work in the truck, so they're now waiting on Ford engineering to help them out. Are you guys aware of challenges trying to get these programmed? They have no timeline for me to get this sorted out because of the backlog at Ford.
It kept failing due to a part number error. They tried programming it several times and kept getting the same error.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1707254103030

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
It kept failing due to a part number error. They tried programming it several times and kept getting the same error.

1707254103030.png
Thanks for the response (again)!
Interesting. I forgot to mention that I had it in back in early January, and they said they got the wrong part # module in, so they had to order another one which they got in a couple weeks ago. Looks like the same issue they described to me the first time around. This is actually my 3rd visit for this DSP module now.
Missing my much simpler 2010 truck a bit these days. These electronic issues have me nervous now that my bumper to bumper warranty is gone. This work order was opened before it ran out, so I'm on my own from here on.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for the response (again)!
Interesting. I forgot to mention that I had it in back in early January, and they said they got the wrong part # module in, so they had to order another one which they got in a couple weeks ago. Looks like the same issue they described to me the first time around. This is actually my 3rd visit for this DSP module now.
Missing my much simpler 2010 truck a bit these days. These electronic issues have me nervous now that my bumper to bumper warranty is gone. This work order was opened before it ran out, so I'm on my own from here on.
tHIS ISSUE IS ON fORDS END. They installed the correct DSP> FDRS has an issue on the back end. Its failing due to it saying not finding the Bootloader. Its an issue I have had to help several dealers with it and flash teh DSP manually.

Ford has an issue in the manifest for programming the DSP

Sponsored

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
tHIS ISSUE IS ON fORDS END. They installed the correct DSP> FDRS has an issue on the back end. Its failing due to it saying not finding the Bootloader. Its an issue I have had to help several dealers with it and flash teh DSP manually.

Thanks for that info. Hopefully Ford engineering knows that for when they finally get in touch with my dealer.

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer

I swear you do more to help Ford than Ford does…

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I swear you do more to help Ford than Ford does…
Yeah.. SOme day Ford ay think to hire someone that can help how I help. IU can only imagine how much it would benefit their dealers to have someone that can look at a vehicle and know what needs to be done. I always imagine what I could do IF I had the tools the engineers had

Donjuan2002

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 STX F150
Occupation
DIYer
Does anyone know how to update the software on modules that didn’t originally come in our trucks? I just updated to the 12” APIM and 12” IDC as well as to the projector LED lights with the HCM, which I still have to PMI. I would like to update these modules using FDRS, but I’m not sure how I would go about doing this as the HCM doesn’t even show up and the only available software update for the IPC fails to flash the module. I’m hoping some of you may have already gone through this and may be able to shed some insight before my two day license runs out.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks. Seems he’s the person to have all the knowledge about this stuff.
Due to a conflict of interest with his employer, he may not be able to help you. Did you do the swap yourself, or did you buy a kit from a vendor?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Thanks. Seems he’s the person to have all the knowledge about this stuff.
He does know a thing or two....
Due to a conflict of interest with his employer, he may not be able to help you. Did you do the swap yourself, or did you buy a kit from a vendor?
Sorry...never thought about that.

Donjuan2002

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 STX F150
Occupation
DIYer
I did the swap myself like many DIYers here on this forum. It’s all pretty straight forward as far the hardware and electrical aspects is concerned. Just would like to have at least the APIM updated with the latest software so I can have the full screen CarPlay lol! I may have to reinstall the original 8” APIM after all… 🤨

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I did the swap myself like many DIYers here on this forum. It’s all pretty straight forward as far the hardware and electrical aspects is concerned. Just would like to have at least the APIM updated with the latest software so I can have the full screen CarPlay lol! I may have to reinstall the original 8” APIM after all… 🤨
Swapping out the parts themselves is pretty straight forward. However, ensuring the parts you are putting in are properly configured to the rest of the module network is a whole other animal. It goes well beyond my scope of knowledge, so I can't help and there are very few people that can.
Sponsored