First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Before heroics, give it a few ignition cycles and a good cellular connection. Mine came back without any extraordinary measures except a few iginition cycles and a better position to a cell tower.
10-4, need to run some errands so I'll keep an eye on it.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Well that was weird, but weather and radar is working again!
Not surprised. If there was something wrong with the truck, you’ll generally see other symptoms—the cloud icon with a slash through it on the map display; weather and/or traffic tiles grayed out in the nav menu. Since you saw neither of those warning signs, the truck was likely fine—the pipeline was open—and there was something hinky with receiving the transmission. The truck is a big cell phone and can have the same stupid connection issues any other cell phone can have. And it’s on the AT&T network. . . .

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's also more granular than you might think.
3 icons reveal that it's more than just a "Telematic Control Module", or a modem, or cellular connection....

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20230607_090816

You can have a Green/Good TCU and have a red #2 #3

You can have a Green/Good TCU and #3, but have a momentary red #2 (signal strength drops below some threshold, is what #2 appears to be about)

And I don't even know exactly what ECG designates, to be honest.

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
3 icons reveal that it's more than just a "Telematic Control Module", or a modem, or cellular connection....

20230607_090816.jpg

You can have a Green/Good TCU and #3, but have a momentary red #2 (signal strength drops below some threshold, is what #2 appears to be about)

I'm sure it's buried somewhere on here, but how do you get that to show up all the time?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a

20230607_090816.jpg

ECG is Enhanced Central Gateway—what we now call the Gateway Module (GWM). Your diagnostics screen, in addition to analyzing the quality of the signal coming into the truck, is also monitoring the quality of the signal inside the truck as it travels across the intranet from module to module.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

20230607_090816.jpg

ECG Is the Gateway. If there is a connection to the Gateway module via Ethernet

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I'm sure it's buried somewhere on here, but how do you get that to show up all the time?
It’s been a long time since I pulled this up, and @Snakebitten can confirm, but I think you press the right arrow on the steering column and the right (seek) button on the dash and hold them for five seconds. You’ll get a so-called “secret menu” that lets you enable these icons.

EDIT: A little more information on the menu (AKA Bezel Diagnostics) here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/sync-bezel-diagnostics.9543/

Last edited:

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
At some point they changed access to bezel diagnostics.
Currently:
press and hold radio power and track down "on radio", 10 seconds for diagnostics

Press and hold radio power and track up to reboot Sync. 10 seconds, This can be done while driving if you're Sync locks up or screws up

Last edited:

Sponsored

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
Left the USB stick in, and today I noticed that it has updated. Sync version is now 21146 rev 145. Should be clear for OTAs now?
That's what mine says too. I guess we wait for updates? I wonder what I'm missing out on...

Liv2Ryd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Sales Manager
Recently purchased a 2021 F150 Platinum VIN: 1FTFW1ED2MFB86637. Turns out my truck is on Sync 20301 and frozen. Tried all the unfreezing tricks, nothing worked. I've done some research thanks to this fine forum and preparing to tackle this head on with a Mongoose/FDRS setup. Question is, how do I know if my APIM is not broken? Please bear with me since this is all very new to me but I want to be sure I'm not dead in the water before I even get started.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Recently purchased a 2021 F150 Platinum VIN: 1FTFW1ED2MFB86637. Turns out my truck is on Sync 20301 and frozen. Tried all the unfreezing tricks, nothing worked. I've done some research thanks to this fine forum and preparing to tackle this head on with a Mongoose/FDRS setup. Question is, how do I know if my APIM is not broken? Please bear with me since this is all very new to me but I want to be sure I'm not dead in the water before I even get started.
Since it doesn't look like you're the original owner, first thing you might want to do is have @rugedraw look up your service history in PTS and see if the previous owner had any APIM work done. I'd be most interested to see if the previous owner or the owner's dealer attempted the APIM recovery procedure.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Since it doesn't look like you're the original owner, first thing you might want to do is have @rugedraw look up your service history in PTS and see if the previous owner had any APIM work done. I'd be most interested to see if the previous owner or the owner's dealer attempted the APIM recovery procedure.
They did not. I responded on the other thread. They seem to have updated everything back in December except for the APIM, GWM, TCU and IPC. His APIM is an FDRS virgin.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Picture5
Sponsored