Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@Snakebitten can you do me a favor and check me? I know inhave a TCU update but don't want to spend another 50 if it's just that for now. 1FTFW1ED2MFB98397
Be happy to when I get back to my RV later. (my office :))
Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
@Snakebitten can you do me a favor and check me? I know inhave a TCU update but don't want to spend another 50 if it's just that for now. 1FTFW1ED2MFB98397
I only show an APIM update (v22228) available and not a TCU.

Bdubbs1198

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
That's weird, I'm already at the apim. I guess it's because it did it via USB after my subscription expired and hasn't reported back to mothership

mosoccer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm trying to run an APIM update and keep getting this message about battery estimated state of charge being too low. I do have the recommended charger from the first page connected and in power supply mode. Any suggestions?
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1669514351913

Bdubbs1198

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Don't worry about SOX, your voltage is good. Mine was low too when I started because everyone's batteries suck, lol

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I'm trying to run an APIM update and keep getting this message about battery estimated state of charge being too low. I do have the recommended charger from the first page connected and in power supply mode. Any suggestions?
1669514351913.png
If you have a maintainer running do not worry about this message. Ford inserted this message into fdrs as a warning. Just make sure all of the boxes in the lower right corner of fdrs stay green. Your voltage is shown there. And if it's green your good! Ignore the message.

mosoccer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you have a maintainer running do not worry about this message. Ford inserted this message into fdrs as a warning. Just make sure all of the boxes in the lower right corner of fdrs stay green. Your voltage is shown there. And if it's green your good! Ignore the message.
Thanks for the help on this. Everything in the bottom corner is green (looks like I cut it off in my first screenshot, attaching another). I'll try updating the APIM module again tomorrow.
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1669516965341

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, and we KNOW why Ford inserted the hyper-sensitive notification on the FDRS screen too. Kinda surprised me to see it pop up while the voltage showed 12.5V.
I obviously carried on and everything went smoothly.

It feels like the manufacturer has to walk on eggshells to instruct or correct the professionals wearing their logo on the shop shirt. I know how I would have worded that pop up. Lol

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Ya it seems bugged out half the time, voltage is good but charge state is below the limit. Only worry about it on the really long update, IPMA mainly, APIM, IPC if needed.

Oh don't worry, it's not just Ford... A few years ago it was an issue for us with Deere tractors and the older V1 display processor between 2014-17. It would take a solid 1.5-2+ hrs to update at times, along with all the other controllers, and the exact same issue would happen, battery would die part way through and then cause all sorts of issues. So they weren't as blunt with telling you to make sure that the battery was charged up, but there were plenty of notes to remind you of that and horror stories learned if that didn't happen.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Thanks for the help on this. Everything in the bottom corner is green (looks like I cut it off in my first screenshot, attaching another). I'll try updating the APIM module again tomorrow.
1669516965341.png
I had to fully charge my battery and then run the charger on the power supply setting to avoid the constant voltage errors. I ended up replacing the battery later due to starting issues...

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone else finding FDRS login prompt absent last night and this morning?

Dealership login pops right up with credentials prompt, but non-dealership prompt never appears.

Or have I become a nuisance to Ford and I've been sent to sit in the corner? :)

mosoccer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone else finding FDRS login prompt absent last night and this morning?

Dealership login pops right up with credentials prompt, but non-dealership prompt never appears.

Or have I become a nuisance to Ford and I've been sent to sit in the corner? :)
I'm seeing the same thing. It looks like it tries to pull up another window, but it's completely blank.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm seeing the same thing. It looks like it tries to pull up another window, but it's completely blank.
Yea, that's the recent login routine that changed a version or two back.

Thanks for verifying. :)

MAd Lighting

First Name
NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 lighting
i am having same issue and i just bought a 2 day license i have not tried today anyone else?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i am having same issue and i just bought a 2 day license i have not tried today anyone else?
I tried before I left for the office today and it didn't work.
Sponsored