Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Is this the one where it could take up to two weeks, a month or longer? But if I've read enough about this and how some USB sticks can be made, you no longer need FDRS for this to complete? If you have the USB, you don't even need FDRS at all? Just clarifying for myself and anyone that may read this particular post out of the 6,000 in this thread alone.
First of all, you need FDRS to download and configure the appropriate files on the USB stick *for your truck*. In terms of timing, the longest I've had to wait for the first message is about 15 minutes, and the longest the update itself has taken is about 30-40 minutes. You leave FDRS running during all of this, and when completed (and when prompted on the truck display) take the USB back to your laptop and plug it in and click "yes" in FDRS when asked if the update was successful. FDRS will then use the information on the USB stick to upload some data to the Ford servers to keep track of what has been installed and perhaps some other diagnostic information.

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
First of all, you need FDRS to download and configure the appropriate files on the USB stick *for your truck*. In terms of timing, the longest I've had to wait for the first message is about 15 minutes, and the longest the update itself has taken is about 30-40 minutes. You leave FDRS running during all of this, and when completed (and when prompted on the truck display) take the USB back to your laptop and plug it in and click "yes" in FDRS when asked if the update was successful. FDRS will then use the information on the USB stick to upload some data to the Ford servers to keep track of what has been installed and perhaps some other diagnostic information.
Sorry, I guess I skipped a step in my explanation. I had FDRS, downloaded the USB stick but it wouldn't update. Read a lot about just leaving the stick in and eventually it would update. If fact, it started an update four days later but failed. Now leaving a different USB stick engaged for a longer length of time. I have followed the needed formatting and size for the USB. Appreciate the direction and apologies for the mis-direction.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Got in the truck to go home from work and got a message on Sync screen asking if I wanted to "Accept" Power-up 3.1.1

I clicked Accept, but I never witnessed any sort of progress or notifications on the way home.

On the Wiki it is mentioned that it is prepping for Alexa updates, but my truck is a Job2 2022 and came with Alexa. It IS however the first evidence that this truck has had that Ford is intending to acknowledge its existence. :)

Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Got in the truck to go home from work and got a message on Sync screen asking if I wanted to "Accept" Power-up 3.1.1

I clicked Accept, but I never witnessed any sort of progress or notifications on the way home.

On the Wiki it is mentioned that it is prepping for Alexa updates, but my truck is a Job2 2022 and came with Alexa. It IS however the first evidence that this truck has had that Ford is intending to acknowledge its existence. :)

This is a big deal that it's starting to roll out! Look forward to hearing any updates.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150

You updated your gateway module with FDRS? I haven't seen any OTA's on my truck yet (Feb 22 build)

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering

Are these the release notes that popped up?

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot_20220914-210752_Drive

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You updated your gateway module with FDRS? I haven't seen any OTA's on my truck yet (Feb 22 build)
I did in fact update the GWM manually the day I saw it was available. Last Friday or so? I wanted to wait with this 2022 for OTA, rather than manually, but I wasn't patient enough to ignore a GWM. :)

Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Yeah, it's all over the place lol

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I did in fact update the GWM manually the day I saw it was available. Last Friday or so? I wanted to wait with this 2022 for OTA, rather than manually, but I wasn't patient enough to ignore a GWM. :)
I'm wondering if the gateway software was a requirement for you to receive updates.

here's my vin can somebody check it.

1FTFW1EDXNFA42593

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm wondering if the gateway software was a requirement for you to receive updates.

here's my vin can somebody check it.

1FTFW1EDXNFA42593
Honestly don't know. But I also don't know if I actually received the 3.1.1 even with the accept choice.
Unlike FDRS, where I can clearly confirm an update, I actually don't know what the confirmation procedure would be with an OTA, unless it's an APIM OTA. Lol

The irony. After all my experience with being plugged into the ODB, I'm a fish out of water with OTA.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Honestly don't know. But I also don't know if I actually received the 3.1.1 even with the accept choice.
Unlike FDRS, where I can clearly confirm an update, I actually don't know what the confirmation procedure would be with an OTA, unless it's an APIM OTA. Lol

The irony. After all my experience with being plugged into the ODB, I'm a fish out of water with OTA.

Thanks, I just had a popup on the ford pass app, that update Ford Power-up 3.5.2 was installed.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Can anyone run my vin for updates please?

1FTFW1ED2MFB10996
Sponsored