Sponsored

JDPEagle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
After going through the aforementioned APIM update processes and procedures (and leaving the USB thumb drive in the console), the upgrade appeared to "kick-off" yesterday evening (after two days). Once the screen asked for the system restart, I shut down the truck, got out, locked the doors and went inside the house (while leaving the USB thumb drive undisturbed in the console). I returned 15-minutes later to restart the truck. To my total disappointment, nothing appeared to have changed; no SYNC version data, automatic update sliders greyed out, and no indication that the update was complete. I drove around for about 45 minutes in the event that things were still processing, but no joy.

Below is the "system updating" screen that I was watching prior to my complete heartbreak. Has this happened to anyone else?

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_3306

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
After going through the aforementioned APIM update processes and procedures (and leaving the USB thumb drive in the console), the upgrade appeared to "kick-off" yesterday evening (after two days). Once the screen asked for the system restart, I shut down the truck, got out, locked the doors and went inside the house (while leaving the USB thumb drive undisturbed in the console). I returned 15-minutes later to restart the truck. To my total disappointment, nothing appeared to have changed; no SYNC version data, automatic update sliders greyed out, and no indication that the update was complete. I drove around for about 45 minutes in the event that things were still processing, but no joy.

Below is the "system updating" screen that I was watching prior to my complete heartbreak. Has this happened to anyone else?

IMG_3306.jpg
It looks like FDRS gave you the same version you already had. I can get you the correct files if you want me to. The files I give have worked for everyone that I have provided them to that I am aware of. I havent had anyone tell me otherwise. I looked and I dont have anything showing I gave them to you I had never pulled your vin.

JDPEagle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Would I not have still received an "Update Successful/Complete" message after restarting if that was the case?

That would be awesome, @Jesse-Infotainment! Thank you!

Not always. Sometimes the update successful message isnt displayed. I would have expected in your situation that a update already installed message. To me I am betting thats what came up and maybe missed it. Since everything stayed the same.

Can you take a screen grab of the contents of the USB drive? Root and update folder so I can see the contents of the drive.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Certainly. Thanks, again!

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.27.42 AM.png
Those are the correct files.

Well not sure what happened to be honest. Es is 21146 so it should have updated you.

Try the files I sent. It’s fresh see what happens. I’m not as confident now seeing the content of the usb drive.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
would any of you gentlemen mind checking my update list, please and thank you!?1!

1FTFW1ED8MFB55506

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
Did anyone else lose the offroad menu/screen on the dash panel/IPC (not the center stack) after an update? It was available up until the 2.7.1 or 2.7.3 update I received a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
BCM PMI...

Is there anything I need to be aware of before doing a BCM PMI? This would be without actually replacing the BCM, just doing it to try and correct an issue (forced reload of software and asbuilt settings).

Mike

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
BCM PMI...

Is there anything I need to be aware of before doing a BCM PMI? This would be without actually replacing the BCM, just doing it to try and correct an issue (forced reload of software and asbuilt settings).

Mike
My advice would be to leave the BCM alone for now. A couple of days ago, a member who knows what he’s doing tried to update his BCM and it resulted in a catastrophic failure. PMI didn’t work and even @Jesse-Infotainment couldn’t recover it because the failure resulted in an inability even to get to accessory mode. Truck had to be towed. Not sure if this was a fluke, bad luck, bad software, bad module. But the truck is dead. No indication of user error.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Mike G Dont touch the BCM update. I wouldnt.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
My advice would be to leave the BCM alone for now. A couple of days ago, a member who knows what he’s doing tried to update his BCM and it resulted in a catastrophic failure. PMI didn’t work and even @Jesse-Infotainment couldn’t recover it because the failure resulted in an inability even to get to accessory mode. Truck had to be towed. Not sure if this was a fluke, bad luck, bad software, bad module. But the truck is dead. No indication of user error.
Fair enough.

I did a BCM update on my Mach-E this morning (not the first time) and this time I ended up with a "Service Frunk System" message. I can clear the initial message but there is still the "open Hood" icon that doesn't go away. I have a Job 1 car that only had the manual release, unlike the Job 2 cars that had both the manual and software release options. Another member who has a Job 2 car updated and he has no issues. If I could roll back the update to a previous version I would just to see if that was the problem.

Mike

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Fair enough.

I did a BCM update on my Mach-E this morning (not the first time) and this time I ended up with a "Service Frunk System" message. I can clear the initial message but there is still the "open Hood" icon that doesn't go away. I have a Job 1 car that only had the manual release, unlike the Job 2 cars that had both the manual and software release options. Another member who has a Job 2 car updated and he has no issues. If I could roll back the update to a previous version I would just to see if that was the problem.

Mike
The BCM updates available for the Mach E and the Lightning might be fine. I can’t comment on those vehicles. But something went terribly wrong with the very recent BCM update for the non-Lightning F-150 and we don’t know why.
Sponsored