Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I haven’t created the second account yet as I haven’t been able to get that far in FDRS. I get the add a license pop-up but am unable to get it to verify my license. My only options are to check network settings and quit.

**Edit: It turns out I did have a Motorcraft Service ID but still no difference in adding the license to FDRS
Are you logging in as Non-dealer Motorcraft? Use the drop down to select the kind of user you are.
Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Are you logging in as Non-dealer Motorcraft? Use the drop down to select the kind of user you are.
Until I add the license I'm not able to interact with the program at all. It just keeps giving me the 'unable to verify license' message. I've been cutting/pasting it as well as double checking to make sure there aren't any typos but no bueno.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Since Alexa is already in the 2022, I would assume that it will be compatible with the 2021?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm driving a Lightning now (it happens to already be in the shop - different thread and forum), but since these trucks and the last couple of years of the ICE 150 depend so much on SW it just shows how Ford is missing the mark. They've had 10 years to copy and study Tesla and they are still so far behind they can't even see the taillights. if you want to make excuses for them, we will always get what we already have.

They have a chance in '23 as they upgrade to the Android OS or one more as they completely revamp the EV version. Will see if they will compete or fold.
What excuses?

Just pointing out that there are modules that can't even be communicated with via current OTA, so you'd have to visit the dealership. And there may be an update that might only need to be applied if the vehicle is experiencing a particular symptom.

Tesla didn't exactly get off to a smooth start in their first year of their version OTA. And they aren't immune to issues either.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Until I add the license I'm not able to interact with the program at all. It just keeps giving me the 'unable to verify license' message. I've been cutting/pasting it as well as double checking to make sure there aren't any typos but no bueno.
Only thing I can think of is that the code you received is bad for some reason. If you are clicking Add License and getting an unable to verify message, I don’t know what to tell you. Did you buy it here?: http://www2.helminc.com/ngsm/login....4119969BB71E08853AE2&from=ford&src=motorcraft. If so, you can log in and retrieve your code and try again.

Did you by chance try the code on another computer? If you did, you have to release it on the other computer before you can reuse it. The code is attached to the computer, not the user.

Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Only thing I can think of is that the code you received is bad for some reason. If you are clicking Add License and getting an unable to verify message, I don’t know what to tell you. Did you buy it here?: http://www2.helminc.com/ngsm/login....4119969BB71E08853AE2&from=ford&src=motorcraft. If so, you can log in and retrieve your code and try again.

Did you by chance try the code on another computer? If you did, you have to release it on the other computer before you can reuse it. The code is attached to the computer, not the user.
Yep, that’s where I bought it. And if I go look in to my order history it shows that that license is still available so it doesn’t appear to have been attached anywhere yet.

I may try and scare up a different computer to see if I can get it to work there. Short of that I need to wait until business hours on Monday to get their assistance. Hopefully they will re-issue the license once the issue is resolved since this one will be expiring then.

Thanks for the assistance JEB, greatly appreciated.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Yep, that’s where I bought it. And if I go look in to my order history it shows that that license is still available so it doesn’t appear to have been attached anywhere yet.

I may try and scare up a different computer to see if I can get it to work there. Short of that I need to wait until business hours on Monday to get their assistance. Hopefully they will re-issue the license once the issue is resolved since this one will be expiring then.

Thanks for the assistance JEB, greatly appreciated.
Do you happen to have a PiHole running on your network?

Mine was blocking the registration server and I had to white list that domain.

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Other devices will not show up for me in FDRS device manager, not sure what I’m doing wrong or was there an update?
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS image

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Other devices will not show up for me in FDRS device manager, not sure what I’m doing wrong or was there an update?
image.jpg
What VCI are you using? Did you run the installation program for it before running FDRS? You need to install the drivers before FDRS will recognize the device.

If you are using the Mongoose, you can download the set up program here: https://www.opusivs.com/support/downloads?hsLang=en. Then go to the support tab and make sure the drivers are working correctly. Then go back to FDRS and see if the Mongoose is now recognized.

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
What VCI are you using? Did you run the installation program for it before running FDRS? You need to install the drivers before FDRS will recognize the device.

If you are using the Mongoose, you can download the set up program here: https://www.opusivs.com/support/downloads?hsLang=en. Then go to the support tab and make sure the drivers are working correctly. Then go back to FDRS and see if the Mongoose is now recognized.
Using vcx nano, installed software and drivers for Vci.

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer

I think your missing the J2534 pass-through software

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Using vcx nano, installed software and drivers for Vci.
Ah. I wouldn’t advise using the Nano, particularly if your truck has BlueCruise, but if that’s what you have you should take another read through the instructions. It sounds like you missed a step somewhere. I remember the Nano installation being less than straightforward. But @iceman77 did a good job of laying everything out.

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Ah. I wouldn’t advise using the Nano, particularly if your truck has BlueCruise, but if that’s what you have you should take another read through the instructions. It sounds like you missed a step somewhere. I remember the Nano installation being less than straightforward. But @iceman77 did a good job of laying everything out.
I’ll uninstall everything and try again tomorrow.
Sponsored