First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
This is the best location I have found to connect the negative lead to the truck. The other locations in this thread didn't work for me. I'm using the maintainer recommended.

FB431DDC-2F22-455B-8025-5D093AE10C1D.jpeg
I know most people have/use the clamps on their charger/power supply, but has anyone used ring terminals to connect to the truck? I just got the Genius 10 which has clamps and ring terminals. I may try to use the terminals to connect to the truck and get a better connection the next time I go to do updates.

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
I know most people have/use the clamps on their charger/power supply, but has anyone used ring terminals to connect to the truck? I just got the Genius 10 which has clamps and ring terminals. I may try to use the terminals to connect to the truck and get a better connection the next time I go to do updates.
My CTEK is set up with the ring terminals. Very convenient

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 01B7BC84-8699-4DD6-94D8-E1CEC5A8D3D0

Sponsored

Joeyv84

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 4x4
I am looking for some help here. I am currently up to date with everything, but since the updates a strange issue with ABS has come up. I don't think they are related, but it seems to coincidental that I finished updates last Friday and now I am having these issues.

I made another post here, about my ABS issues. I have re-upped my FDRS crack and tried to look at the problem. First screen shot is of the cleared code for the ABS module. I have PMI'd the module and self-tested several times. At first the issues popped back up right away. A few hours have since gone by and after another self-test, clear & retest the abs light stays off, for now.

The other issue that keeps cropping up is the second screen shot. I can clear and retest, but the truck keeps throwing DTCs in the PSCM. I am not sure what do from here. Any help would be appreciated

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2022-08-03 13.49.29
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2022-08-03 13.46.22

ZamoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Sport Appearance Lead Foot 5.0
Hi all,

Can someone please run my VIN and see what updates are pending?
I have the truck at the dealer and they claim they have everything up to date. I want to see if they bullshitting me or not.

1FTFW1E55MKE42365

Thanks in advance

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I am looking for some help here. I am currently up to date with everything, but since the updates a strange issue with ABS has come up. I don't think they are related, but it seems to coincidental that I finished updates last Friday and now I am having these issues.

I made another post here, about my ABS issues. I have re-upped my FDRS crack and tried to look at the problem. First screen shot is of the cleared code for the ABS module. I have PMI'd the module and self-tested several times. At first the issues popped back up right away. A few hours have since gone by and after another self-test, clear & retest the abs light stays off, for now.

The other issue that keeps cropping up is the second screen shot. I can clear and retest, but the truck keeps throwing DTCs in the PSCM. I am not sure what do from here. Any help would be appreciated

Screenshot 2022-08-03 13.49.29.png
Screenshot 2022-08-03 13.46.22.png
I haven’t seen this before, and I currently have no active FDRS license. So take my advice with a block of salt.

According to the shop manual, a U0415:00 in the PSCM indicates a problem with the the ABS, not the PSCM. So, I wouldn’t fool with the PSCM any further. Focus on the ABS.

First, verify that the ABS is up to date. That is the remedy in TSB 22-2214, which is referenced in your screen shot. After updating, run another clear and retest procedure and see what happens.

Second, the shop manual indicates that there should be a Guided Routine tab in FDRS. Under that tab, there is a procedure for diagnosing communication errors between, among other modules, the ABS and the PSCM. It is entitled Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS) Communication Error. It may be worth looking at that guided routine for additional guidance.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Hi all,

Can someone please run my VIN and see what updates are pending?
I have the truck at the dealer and they claim they have everything up to date. I want to see if they bullshitting me or not.

1FTFW1E55MKE42365

Thanks in advance
Here's your list:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1E55MKE42365-4-Aug-22

Mike

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Thank you Sir.
Much appreciated
This is disappointing to see. Makes me think springing for the Mongoose and getting FDRS 2 day passes is the only reliable way to keep things updated. Bummer.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
This is disappointing to see. Makes me think springing for the Mongoose and getting FDRS 2 day passes is the only reliable way to keep things updated. Bummer.
Unless you are lucky enough to find that slam dunk awesome service center, it's the only sure fire way to stay updated.

ZamoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Sport Appearance Lead Foot 5.0
This particular dealership said that they could not perform updates just because there were updates available. They claim that there needs to be a TSB issued by Ford for a particular module in order for it to be updated. They contacted Ford about the other modules to see if Ford gave them the OK to do the updates. If Ford agrees to cover the cost of performing the 8-10+ hours of updates then they will go ahead and do them all.
Funny… because Ive read (in this post I believe) that some have had all of their updates taken care of at other dealerships, so this needing approval from Ford to perform non TSB issued updates sounds like a crock.
So my dealership is going to hear back from Ford today about the approval or not. If it’s a no then I will take care of all pending updates myself.

C’mon FORD… you’ve gone back to your old ways and to the olden days of what your name stood for… F.O.R.D. - Fix Or Repair Daily

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
This particular dealership said that they could not perform updates just because there were updates available. They claim that there needs to be a TSB issued by Ford for a particular module in order for it to be updated. They contacted Ford about the other modules to see if Ford gave them the OK to do the updates. If Ford agrees to cover the cost of performing the 8-10+ hours of updates then they will go ahead and do them all.
Funny… because Ive read (in this post I believe) that some have had all of their updates taken care of at other dealerships, so this needing approval from Ford to perform non TSB issued updates sounds like a crock.
So my dealership is going to hear back from Ford today about the approval or not. If it’s a no then I will take care of all pending updates myself.

C’mon FORD… you’ve gone back to your old ways and to the olden days of what your name stood for… F.O.R.D. - Fix Or Repair Daily
This is common and not limited to Ford. Most dealers regardless of manufacturer will not update a module just because it is out of date. To get reimbursed by the manufacturer, the dealer has to show that the new software will fix a specific customer complaint so they can bill it as a “repair.”

Compounding the problem in your case is that your truck does not appear to have BlueCruise. If it did, the dealer would have been required to update more modules to get BC activated and functioning properly.
Sponsored