Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Was there any info on clearing up "corrupt" Node info from using the VXnano? Have a few modules that are showing some wonky info. I know using a mongoose and doing a scan in FDRS will fix it but are there any other alternatives? I dont have any module updates pending so trying to avoid a FDRS license and a Mongoose at this point. I looked into forscan to see if any procedure would update the node info but havent been successful. Thanks for any info!
Only way is when the truck self reports. Otherwise you have to do a network scan. If the nodes that are reporting wonky are related to the things we worked on they will probably always report wonky.
Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Only way is when the truck self reports. Otherwise you have to do a network scan. If the nodes that are reporting wonky are related to the things we worked on they will probably always report wonky.
Thanks @Jesse-Infotainment
All of those are fine. Its the CCM and CMR that stand out. I haven't ever messed with these modules. Must have accidentally done a scan with the nano at some point. Would be cool to find a way to force a self report!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Longtime lurker (but long time benefactor of the amazing knowledge and expertise of this group). Before I "bite the bullet" to accumulate the hardware/software required for this process (have had the greyed out update selections and no SW versions listed in the Sync data for almost almost 9 months, and multiple [incompetent] dealer visits), could someone look up my VIN for pending updates?

VIN 1FTFW1E80MFA20877

Many continued thanks in advance!!
Here's the list of available updates:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1E80MFA20877-31-July-22

Mike

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Just to leave the USB update till last.

Mike
Or, because pcm updates have the potential of addressing some significant aspects of the overall drivability of the truck in general. :)

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Or, because pcm updates have the potential of addressing some significant aspects of the overall drivability of the truck in general. :)
Well, that goes to why you would want to update the PCM, not the order in which you do the updates. I was aware of the reasons why GWM and TCU updates generally should go first. I wasn’t aware there were reasons for updating other modules in any particular order unless a TSB or FDRS itself specifically prescribes it.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That's hilarious!
All you have to do to get rid of Alexa is to never mention her name.

My 4 granddaughters would be heartbroken if Alexa was no longer in the truck. They 5 of them have bonded. I'm just the bus driver.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
That's hilarious!
All you have to do to get rid of Alexa is to never mention her name.

My 4 granddaughters would be heartbroken if Alexa was no longer in the truck. They 5 of them have bonded. I'm just the bus driver.
So true.... got to keep the kids happy... makes for a quieter trip...lol

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
While I don't want (or need) Alexa, I may hold off on doing any other updates with FDRS until this is available and save getting a subscription twice. I know I have a few things pending now.
That’s kind of my thought, I almost bought a subscription this weekend to try to clear the bad OTA download that’s pending but I can live with the stupid icon in Sync for now. Just wish yearly subscriptions were a little cheaper, would totally spring for a $500 one.
Sponsored