OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I'm a stubborn SOB, so I paid another $50 to get my FDRS license re-upped and found this waiting on me. Could this be why it's not kicking off the usb update for APIM? And if so what can I do?
unnamed.jpg
Click on Toolbox, select APIM (its under HS3 section) and run Self-Test. See what's the issue and try to clear the fault.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1642543987407

Post a screenshot if you need further assistance
Sponsored

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
NOTICE: Should you run into issues where your SecuriAlert and/or OTA updates disappear from your FordPass after messing around with FDRS, chances are, your As-Built data got corrupted during one of your network scans. You can easily fix this by re-running a network scan within the FDRS. For more info read this thread.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Hey SpeedRacer, I’m still no joy with mine kicking off from 1.7.1 either. So frustrating.

Sponsored

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Computer Stuff
Is no one pissed as i am that on this 'fully OTA updatable' truck, UNDER WARRANTY, we have to purchase FDRS licenses to update fords crap code?! It always chaffed my ass with older vehicles, but surely this one won't need it! NOPE! What a joke.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Is no one pissed as i am that on this 'fully OTA updatable' truck, UNDER WARRANTY, we have to purchase FDRS licenses to update fords crap code?! It always chaffed my ass with older vehicles, but surely this one won't need it! NOPE! What a joke.
You have posted variations on this theme on several threads. Do you have anything other than whining to contribute?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Hey SpeedRacer, I’m still no joy with mine kicking off from 1.7.1 either. So frustrating.
Argh that sucks! All my modules are up to date, whatever DTC I had cleared itself but no matter what wonky way I've tried no joy on getting it to kick over. Ford really screwed the pooch on 1.7.1 update it seems.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Argh that sucks! All my modules are up to date, whatever DTC I had cleared itself but no matter what wonky way I've tried no joy on getting it to kick over. Ford really screwed the pooch on 1.7.1 update it seems.
Did you try Sync Master Reset ? Perhaps reset the GWM prior to that (using ForScan) ?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You have posted variations on this theme on several threads. Do you have anything other than whining to contribute?
According to his profile, he doesn't have a 2021 truck yet, although he might and hasn't updated yet, kinda like Ford? :)

I'd be willing to PayPal him for his 48 hour FRDS license if it would FIX his broken truck and bring him good cheer!

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Did you try Sync Master Reset ? Perhaps reset the GWM prior to that (using ForScan) ?
I've Sync Master Reset at least 10 times now, I'm starting to worry I'm gonna reset it to death. I had not tried to reset the GWM though, I'll give it a go now.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
How do you reset the GWM in forscan?

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Disregard… I found it, the wrench icon in forscan.
I would do something like this. Remove USB, reset GWM, insert USB. See if it kicks in
If not, then perhaps, remove USB, reset GWM, reset APIM then insert USB. Hope you get it done!

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I would do something like this. Remove USB, reset GWM, insert USB. See if it kicks in
If not, then perhaps, remove USB, reset GWM, reset APIM then insert USB. Hope you get it done!
Iceman. I don’t remember where you posted about bad behavior with the adaptive cruise control, but something weird happened on my 4-hour drive this morning. When I tested my setup after your first post, I configured the cruise control to recognize speed signs. Like your system, mine also didn’t keep the setting past one ignition cycle. But I never actually used the cruise control or set it back to default. Multiple days and ignition cycles later, when I used cruise control for the first time this morning after updating my APIM, it worked exactly like it was supposed to. The adaptive cruise control changed the speed setting according to the changing speed limit signs. When I went into the settings, however, it still looked like cruise control was off. Not just the “smart” part but the entire function. So, at least on my system, it did work as I configured it a few days ago. The display just didn’t show the settings accurately past one ignition cycle.

I’m not sure if this is a better or worse result. But there it is.
Sponsored