First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
No. Disconnecting the battery on a Powerboost won’t help. It’ll just run down the auxiliary 7.5 Ah AGM battery under the back seat and might damage it. Don’t do it.

What worked for me is to leave the transponder in the truck, if you’re in a secure location. Then open and CLOSE the door and walk away from the truck for 15-30 minutes. Just leave it alone. I only needed 15 minutes doing it this way prior to restarting.
Transponder? You a pilot or something? Ya mean key fob? :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High
Try battery disconnect. Reconnect, turn ignition ON, if you see SYNC message “restart required”, shut down open/close driver door. wait 30 mins. That’s what worked for me

Another alternative (as per @Snakebitten) is to remove the USB flash drive after vehicle has been shut down.

You just have to see what works out for you!
Ok so I let it run all night long and I don't know that it worked, also don't know that it did not work. Here is what I show this morning on FDRS: (meaning I can't download or run TCU anymore)

Hopefully now I can actually get an OTA, had the truck since May of 2021 and have yet to receive 1 OTA

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_6661

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Ok so I let it run all night long and I don't know that it worked, also don't know that it did not work. Here is what I show this morning on FDRS: (meaning I can't download or run TCU anymore)

Hopefully now I can actually get an OTA, had the truck since May of 2021 and have yet to receive 1 OTA

IMG_6661.jpeg
What is the SW revision of your TCU ? If you PM me your VIN, I can check it for you

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Being a powerboost will disconnecting the battery really do anything?
My apologies! Being an EcoBoost owner I keep forgetting that battery disconnect won’t help for the hybrid models. You can still play with FORScan and try rebooting GWM/APIM from there and see if it helps with stuck 1.7.1 OTA

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If you ran a fresh scan and the TCU was available but no software update was available, THAT'S good news!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kind of wish we had a method for reading each modules current revision.
You would think between FRDS or Forscan it could be revealed? :)

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There is a way to see the current files. Its a pain in the butt.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Kind of wish we had a method for reading each modules current revision.
You would think between FRDS or Forscan it could be revealed? :)
You can in fact get that information from both FORScan as well as FDRS:

FORScan:

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1642518678558

FDRS:

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1642518273693

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
It's the "Strategy" what you need to look for. That is what reflects your executable software level (or version) in your module:

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1643296172781

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I love you guys!

I have in fact looked at the module/software-P/N grid in FRDS. But I remember thinking that I don't know how to map that to anything meaningful to me. Which is really me just being too lazy to build a spreadsheet myself and populate it with every data point possible.

tkljr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
A huge THANK YOU to Iceman for starting this thread and to everyone else for contributing. I was one of the many stuck on a failed 1.7.1. I'm not sure what "Power Up" I'm on now but hopefully OTAs will start again. At least now I have a Sync version showing and CarPlay turn by turn and music thumbnails.

"Patience" may be a helpful note for others:) My first APIM USB update took a little longer than it should have because I expected the update to start pretty soon after seeing the "Inserted" and "Indexing" messages so I'd yank the USB to try again which seemed to corrupt the drive. Once I left it alone (probably only 3-4 minutes) I would see the "Updating" message.

Yesterday I did all the modules with updates shown in FDRS, this morning I had a GWM update and the TCU with forced APIM. I'm left with GSM which doesn't clear from the list after updating and an ACM update which aborts. It asks "Are you here for woofer install?", I select "No", the procedure starts and then aborts with an unsuccessful "GetFilesFromGivis". Tomorrow should be the last day of access (seems to be the day you purchase the license +2 days) so I'll see if I have any more pending updates.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I'm a stubborn SOB, so I paid another $50 to get my FDRS license re-upped and found this waiting on me. Could this be why it's not kicking off the usb update for APIM? And if so what can I do?
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS unnamed
Sponsored