EcoBoost Versus PowerBoost

Beernut0875

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F250 Platinum
So, I know this has been discussed and I have read a lot of information, thankful for this forum. I am really struggling with Eco vs Power. I am looking at Platinum level only and there is low inventory. I was set on PB but "my guy" says they are not dealing due to supply/ demand. Now that we have some history and data, what are the advantages/ disadvantages likes/ dislikes between the two? Is it worth saving on the PB by going with the EB? Should I just wait, or go with EB? I am a bit skeptical with year one, but did own a 2018 EB albeit a 6 speed. Please help, my deal is coming down to the wire.
Sponsored

Reactions: Don

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
Do yourself a favor and get a written quote from Albert at Granger here in the forum. I took Albert's quote in to my dealership for a loaded PB Platty and they were visibly taken aback by what my cost was. But in the end they ended up giving it to me for that price.

If they want your business, they'll deal. If not take it to someone else.

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
So, I know this has been discussed and I have read a lot of information, thankful for this forum. I am really struggling with Eco vs Power. I am looking at Platinum level only and there is low inventory. I was set on PB but "my guy" says they are not dealing due to supply/ demand. Now that we have some history and data, what are the advantages/ disadvantages likes/ dislikes between the two? Is it worth saving on the PB by going with the EB? Should I just wait, or go with EB? I am a bit skeptical with year one, but did own a 2018 EB albeit a 6 speed. Please help, my deal is coming down to the wire.
Go with the Powerboost. Wait a little longer for it if you must

DannyboyUpstate

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT Supercab 5.0L 6.5’ bed
I've got the Powerboost in a XLT. I'm only 300-something miles in and I love it. The power is insane, and the electric drive works way more than I thought it would around town. Plus, the Pro Power On-board is a revolution.

Sponsored

Caddystew

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 1957 Cadillac and Ford
Occupation
Nothing that I can think of

syne7

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost (Hybrid)
I have the PowerBoost and really like it. Don't regret it at all. You can search Ford's inventory and find one you want and get it delivered.

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
It's your money... wait and get what you want. I have an ecoboost and power isn't an issue with 400hp/500 ftlb torque. It's in its 3rd generation. Same engine as powerboost minus electric motor and battery. If you're spending $65k+...wait and get what you want so you're not disappointed.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I passed on the powerboost and went for the regular eco. Completely redesigned truck, new powertrain, electronics, etc was just too much of a game for me.

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I went Ecoboost. I could have gone PB but it wasn’t available in the trim and color I wanted. Happy with what I bought. The power of the EB matched with the 10 spd trans is a blast to drive. And that’s with a 2.25” level and 34” tires. Only thing you need to get is the oversize fuel tank.

Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I got the Powerboost...onboard generator was just too tempting of a feature. It's awesome. And it's still a 3.5L Ecoboost engine...

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
You guys that “settled” and just got the eco because you were impatient just don‘t understand what you're missing.

Harsh but true. I’m glad you enjoy your trucks but...

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I had the 2016 F150 King Ranch 3.5l Ecoboost. Then off to a Ram Limited 4X4 eTorque and now the Powerboost. Figured I'd give it a try. Adds a little fun around town trying to stay in electric. It's tough for me to do.

HandyMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F350 Powerstroke
I was on the fence as well and test drove them both extensively. It really comes down to what's important to you

Powerboost Pro's:
-A *bit* faster (honestly hard to tell even back to back)
-Can get the optional 7.2kw generator mode (keep in mind that 2kw is an option on the EB)
-Better MPG (especially city)

Ecoboost Pro's:
-Sounds better (technically its fake sound through the speakers, my guess is they turned off the fake sound on the PB)
-More payload (the batteries on the PB take a sizeable chunk out of your payload)
-Likely more reliable
-Cheaper

For me the payload was important, and I like the EB sound even if it is fake, so I went with EB.
Sponsored