First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I did quite a bit of looking both internet and a local run into Autozone, and the two oils that list the new Ford requirement / spec (-961A) out of the manual someone posted on another thread were Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic, and Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic. Both were of course also listed as API SP and ILSAC GF6A. I did not check the high mileage variants, extended drain variants, or any of the Euro variants, but regular old 5W30 Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic and 5W30 Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic both listed the new Ford Spec with a meets/or exceeds statement. The Castrol and Penzoil Synthetics both listed the API SP and ILSAC GF6A, but neither listed the most recent Ford spec (they did list the older Ford specs).

Just meant as an FYI, not endorsing these oils or dissing those that haven't changed their formulas and/or packaging yet. Honestly a lot of them may just not have changed the packaging yet.
I’ve been using the Penzoil so far. Gonna look into this.
Sponsored

AnchorChain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 4x4 2.7eco
Occupation
Electrician
Plan to use motorcraft air filters. I will use Supertech Full synthetic. Some may knock it but it’s proven and there is data on it too. For $15 for a jug can’t beat it. I have the 2.7 Ecoboost so I’m guessing it’s the same oil filter system as my 15 2.7 so again Motorcraft. Never any issues with motorcraft spark plugs either. When transmission fluid changes come it will be B&G fluids most likely.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I will be using motorcraft filters and synthetic blend oil as called out in the owners manual. I change oil every 5k.

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
2nd oil change just completed, the shrouds have to come off and the filter is a pain to reach, Using the ford filters and Pennzoil ultra platinum full syn.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
I use Amsoil filters and oil..........average 8500 miles a year.......Oil change once a year.........My 2013 F150 fx4 I traded in, had 57k miles

Sponsored

jmacd

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 HDPP, Stone Gray
I just came out of an F250 6.7 diesel. I always let the dealer handle the OC due to the hassle of handling used diesel oil. Looking forward to getting back to servicing my own truck. With the F250 I just followed the Oil Life Monitor which seemed to be pretty accurate. I tow a travel trailer and found that lots of towing resulted in the OLM alerting me to “Oil Change Due Soon” earlier than just everyday driving so I’ll be interested in seeing how the F150 OLM monitors my driving habits. I’m not sure I’m ready to just make a quick decision and say I don’t trust Ford’s OLM algorithum and change my oil every 5,000 miles. That may be too cautious. We’ll see. I will go ahead and send several oil samples to Blackstone for analysis and see what they say. I plan on using Motorcraft filters while under warranty, but Wix would be my second choice. I believe Napa Gold filters are manufactured by Wix. As far as oil, I’m tempted to go with Costo’s 5W30 SN Plus which is manufactured by Warren Distributing in NE. A well respected blender of private label synthetic motor oil. But Motorcraft semi-synthetic blend would be just fine too. And keep all the receipts!

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
IMO Wix and Baldwin make the best filters. Baldwin seem heavier and better made. But during warranty, I always use OEM filters. As far as oil goes, I use full synthetic, usually Mobil 1 but sometimes Pennzoil or Castrol. These trucks don't take that much oil, 6 quarts, so I will change at 5-6k mi. My Chevys take 8-9 quarts, so I am more comfortable extending to 7-8k mi.

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
IMO Wix and Baldwin make the best filters. Baldwin seem heavier and better made. But during warranty, I always use OEM filters. As far as oil goes, I use full synthetic, usually Mobil 1 but sometimes Pennzoil or Castrol. These trucks don't take that much oil, 6 quarts, so I will change at 5-6k mi. My Chevys take 8-9 quarts, so I am more comfortable extending to 7-8k mi.
I’ve been running mobil1 in my vehicles for 20 years. For the Fords oil change this pst Sunday:
Mobil1 oil filter: M1-212A
Mobil1 oil: 5w-30

jwhracer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT FX4
How do you set the oil life monitor after you do your own oil change, been trying to find it in the owners manual.

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
How do you set the oil life monitor after you do your own oil change, been trying to find it in the owners manual.
If I recall correctly, it's in the "menu" from the steering wheel controls. go through the options, but I want to say it's under "vehicle" or "maintenance"? You'll find it, start messing with those steering wheel controls until you do. good luck!

Sponsored

jwhracer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT FX4
If I recall correctly, it's in the "menu" from the steering wheel controls. go through the options, but I want to say it's under "vehicle" or "maintenance"? You'll find it, start messing with those steering wheel controls until you do. good luck!
Yes I did find it under menu on the steering wheel control. Thanks

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Pretty much any name brand full synthetic oil would do. Oil tech has come a long way in recent years. I like K&N oil filters purely for the nut at the end that makes taking off the old filter a breeze.

I change oil religiously every 5k. And change the oil filter every other oil change. I have a fumoto quick drain valve on the 21 (was Ronin quick drain valve on the 17 raptor with the plastic drain plug), makes a big difference not having to worry about taking off a drain plug each time and worrying about the crush washer.

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Amsoil 100%. I use it on my Shelby and continue to use it on my truck.

RidingHighNCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Looking to start a thread regarding Ecoboost maintence.

What are your recommendations (or what do you use) for:
• fully synthetic oil
• oil filter
• air filter
• cabin filter
• fuel additives
• other fluids/ lubricants (axles, joints, other points of maintenance)

I am coming from a 3.0 powerstroke, so all of these things are different for me on the Ecoboost.
I’ve always been a big fan of Mobil 1 and used it for over 20 years but have switched to Amsoil in both my twin turbos after reading much research comparing Mobil 1 & Amsoil and talking to a couple of race drivers. I’ve been using Amsoil XL and WIX filters in my Twin Turbo Fusion since 2019 and currently using Amsoil XL and Motorcraft filter in my F-150, I change oil every year to 10K. I’m very happy with the performance of Amsoil.

Phish

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3018 F150 EcoBoost, 2021 F150 screw Hybrid
Occupation
Electrician
Looking to start a thread regarding Ecoboost maintence.

What are your recommendations (or what do you use) for:
• fully synthetic oil
• oil filter
• air filter
• cabin filter
• fuel additives
• other fluids/ lubricants (axles, joints, other points of maintenance)

I am coming from a 3.0 powerstroke, so all of these things are different for me on the Ecoboost.
Anyone out there using Petro Canada Supreme synthetic? I've used Mobile 1 5w 30 full synthetic and Wix filters for years but both are now hard to find.
Sponsored