First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Mobil 1 full synthetic and NAPA Gold filter.
Sponsored

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Have a local parts store special on Liqid Moly 5W30 full synthetic. Any comments? It’s the longtime hi tec line of oil.

Thanks

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I have a 3.5EB and will change the oil every 5k miles with only Motorcraft oil and filter. The same stuff it came off the assembly line with, that I have been using in the ford shops I have worked in for the past 18+ years.

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
I will use Wix (NAPA Gold is made by Wix) or Motorcraft oil filters and NAPA gold air filters. I have tested the NAPA gold air filters and they work very well in dusty off road conditions for standard vehicles.
I will NOT use anything Fram or K&N...but do you own research.

Darrell

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I use AmsOIl. Note that there's a GF-6 rating for the EcoBoost engine. My take on this is that the Gasoline Direct Injection of the engine calls for a slightly different formulation, so don't just pickup your typical weight of oil. As to Filters, Check out this site "CantonRacingProducts.com". They offer an 8 micron filter setup. I've used that on a very long lived Suburban engine. I also changed out the oils in all other components (transmission, transfer case, front & rear axles) to an Amsoil synthetic. Note that the oil specified for the transfer case is not the same ULV as for the transmission, it is just the "standard" LV oil. Also note that even though Ford & GM are using the same jointly developed 10R80 transmission they specify different oils. If you read the specs of the GM oil it's a somewhat higher viscosity than the Ford ULV specification. Some (including AmsOil) will tell you that the two transmissions use the same oil. Not so, each has different specs.
Sponsored

Last edited: