21CaliPlatEB

First Name
Mickle
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Diesel FX4
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Looking to start a thread regarding Ecoboost maintence.

What are your recommendations (or what do you use) for:
• fully synthetic oil
• oil filter
• air filter
• cabin filter
• fuel additives
• other fluids/ lubricants (axles, joints, other points of maintenance)

I am coming from a 3.0 powerstroke, so all of these things are different for me on the Ecoboost.

billybob

Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Focus SEL
I will be new to the Ecoboost as well and did some searching about engine oil. These engines get pushed pretty hard and they made the an important improvement when they added port side injectors in 18+. Any synthetic oil that meets the newer SPI plus specification(LSPI prevention) is a simple good guideline. People on Bobs the oil guy forums(way to much detail unless you want all the fine details) have a a good common recommendation on Wix Oil Filters.

Air filters I don't use anything too special just replace often. Fuel additives you usually don't need and better off just using "Top Tier" fuel. All the other liquids I'll use Ford.

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
I have had great results with my 2013 ecoboost using Valvoline 5-30 full synthetic. I have also used the motor craft oil filters Ford recommends. I fall in the “cheap insurance” camp when it comes to frequency and do them every 5k miles.

RCR001

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I bought a case of 12 Motocraft oil filters from amazon I will be changing the oil every 3-4000 miles. , cheap maintaince. in fact I'm all ready looking to do the first change next week. just to get the factory oil/ break in out and still looking at weather a oil catch can is still recommended.

OP
21CaliPlatEB

21CaliPlatEB

First Name
Mickle
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Diesel FX4
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I bought a case of 12 Motocraft oil filters from amazon I will be changing the oil every 3-4000 miles. , cheap maintaince. in fact I'm all ready looking to do the first change next week. just to get the factory oil/ break in out and still looking at weather a oil catch can is still recommended.
Do you have links to these items? Would be greatly appreciated!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege
I plan on running a K&N high performance air filter. Just the filter and not a full intake to start. K&N filters are “rechargeable” and able to be cleaned and reused nearly indefinitely. I’ve used them and other vehicles and they have worked well.
76F72BB7-549F-419D-9633-FBB81BE1BD18.jpeg

Every oil change I also add Chevron with Techron full fuel system cleaner to a tank full of gas to help keep the injectors and fuel system clean.
20312DA4-EF9F-4141-80C9-0C4FD6FADF0E.jpeg

For oil and oil filters, I’ll defer to whatever the dealership puts in it. I don’t want to deviate too far from the owner’s manual recommendations especially while it’s new.

Grussell59

First Name
Garry
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I use Motorcraft filters and oil with 5,000 mile oil change intervals.

Advertisement

Advertisement