Sponsored

Easiest way to get to my Payload and Towing Numbers?

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
My truck is a 2023 F150 Tremor V8.

I'm trying to track down my payload (mainly the bed) max, as well as my towing max.

The only sticker I found in the door had the following info....

GVWR: 7050
Front GAWR: 3600
Rear GAWR: 3800

I missing the weight of the vehicle, as well as what it can tow.
Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
If you don't have the infamous yellow sticker, you can open an account at ford.com, input your vin and there will be a link called vehicle dashboard. On that page, will be a link to a towing calculator. Your truck's payload and towing capacity will be there.

Beyond that, I'd ask your dealer about getting a replacement.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
The only sticker I found in the door had the following info....
Yep, keep looking or contact your dealer - this sticker is required by law on F150 class trucks:
Ford F-150 Easiest way to get to my Payload and Towing Numbers? Payload

The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed: xxx kg or xxxx lbs. is the 'VIN-specific payload' for your truck equipped as it left the factory (do not subtract the weight of fuel from that, it's already considered; do subtract the driver's weight from that, the driver is an occupant).

Your vehicle curb weight technically is the GVWR number from the other sticker minus the payload number from above (may not match exactly what you get on a CAT Scale but will be very close).

There is no 'sticker' showing your towing capacity, you must derive that from the applicable Trailer Towing Guide.

Last edited:

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
... but it almost for certain you will run out of Payload well before you reach Towing Capacity.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
How can that sticker be missing? Like...what the hell Ford?

Sponsored

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
@Davexxxx @Buyer2021

Old eyes, and moving too fast, and I missed the all the info on what I thought was just the "Tire Pressuer" sticker!

I'm at 1544 lbs for the "should never exceed" amount.

I will have to spend some time Trailer Tower Guide link....that's going to take a bit of reading to figure out what my max tow capability is.

Thanks for all the info.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Studying the tow guides is good. Not trying to talk you out of it. There is lots of important stuff in there but honestly, the fastest way, is to go to the Ford.com page I mentioned. It will be specifically for your truck and whatever you input, for your expected cargo.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I will have to spend some time Trailer Tower Guide link....that's going to take a bit of reading to figure out what my max tow capability is.
Take that time and read more thoroughly than you did the tire pressure sticker (gentle 'gig' in good spirits ;) :) (y)).

There's a wealth of good background information in there and a section on frontal area limitations that's missing on the mentioned shortcut webpage towing calculator.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
and a section on frontal area limitations that's missing on the mentioned shortcut webpage towing calculator.
I found that section particularly lacking.

They cite numbers, without being explicit in how to interpret them and then wave it all away by using the ambiguous statement that it may reduce performance. Well duh. Towing anything is going to reduce performance.

And not a peep about the aerodynamics of the trailer, as if they are all vertical walls.

I will be a stickler about payload and GCVR but they don't give you enough info on frontal area, to hold any sort of hard line.

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Take that time and read more thoroughly than you did the tire pressure sticker (gentle 'gig' in good spirits ;) :) (y)).

There's a wealth of good background information in there and a section on frontal area limitations that's missing on the mentioned shortcut webpage towing calculator.
In my defense, I didn't have my reading glasses!!! :)

But as soon as you posted that pic with the tire pressures, I was like....D'oh!!!!!

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
If you don't have the infamous yellow sticker, you can open an account at ford.com, input your vin and there will be a link called vehicle dashboard. On that page, will be a link to a towing calculator. Your truck's payload and towing capacity will be there.

Beyond that, I'd ask your dealer about getting a replacement.
This was perfect for my needs. I only occasionally haul or tow stuff, and doubt I will approach any maxes.

Ballpark numbers for me are...
Payload: ~1,500
Tongue Weight: ~1,000
Towing Max: ~10,000
Sponsored