First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Oil & Gas
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I don't see any change in the brightness. I've only changed the 3's to 2's on 42-01 on the first group. I've tried all the brightness codes on 38-01, only changing the first two characters on the second group. I've tried putting it in drive to see if they brighten up then but didn't work. I enabled DRL in parking lights to see if that helps, it doesn't. I'm nor sure what I'm missing or screwing up. Anyone have ideas? Truck is a 21 XLT with quad LEDs if that helps.

UPDATE:

I got some help from Facebook. Apparently reloading my as built save and changing just the percentage codes and doing a bcm reset fixed it. Now they're nice and bright.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WestCoastHunter

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F150 SuperCrew Lariat Special Edition
Howdy! Does anyone know if the same exact BCM values shared by the OP @Nightshade for his 2021 are the right ones for a 2016 Lariat with LEDs? I've tried both the 42-01 and the 38-01 changes several times and get a message "Writing block failed - incompatible configuration" message.

I had my DRLs set to Parking Light LED + Turns, so I reverted them back to Parking Light LEDs only, hoping that was the issue, but got the same error message.

Thanks!

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Howdy! Does anyone know if the same exact BCM values shared by the OP @Nightshade for his 2021 are the right ones for a 2016 Lariat with LEDs? I've tried both the 42-01 and the 38-01 changes several times and get a message "Writing block failed - incompatible configuration" message.

I had my DRLs set to Parking Light LED + Turns, so I reverted them back to Parking Light LEDs only, hoping that was the issue, but got the same error message.

Thanks!
@WestCoastHunter Those values are for 2021+ This wont work on a 2016

WestCoastHunter

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@antho thank you. I'll do some digging. I did notice in the first page or two of the thread that Nightshade had this working on his 2016 as well.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent

Thanks!
@antho is correct, this is only meant for 21+ F-150s. However I do have the values from the previous gen, and I’m sure the admins of this forum will let this slide for me this once but the values for 2015-2020 F-150s DRL brightened up should be:

BCM -> 726-29-02 -> x*xx xxxx xxxx (x1xx xxxx xxxx), which should look something similar to “0100 0001 005A”. Just change the * to a 1 and it should work.

—Just a disclaimer though, for the 2015-2017 F-150s sometimes have reported it doesn’t work so try with due diligence.

**Remember to back up your module before making any changes.

WestCoastHunter

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Nightshade you're the man! And I was hoping I wouldn't cause any trouble given this is gen14, but I appreciate it. I'll for sure backup module, and already have my as-built saved.
Sponsored