OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
You are mixing up ev coach with eco coach.
Is there a EV coach and a ECO coach? I don't think so. I didn't label it. Near as I can tell that green chunk on the speedo isn't called out nor named in the manual. I described it as a driving coach. Whatever it is called, it is very similar to - but not the same as - the EV Coach found in the center of the instrument cluster display. I just never noticed it displaying feed back before. Two and two came together and I thought I'd share in the event others didn't know.
Sponsored

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Is there a EV coach and a ECO coach? I don't think so. I didn't label it. Near as I can tell that green chunk on the speedo isn't called out nor named in the manual. I described it as a driving coach. Whatever it is called, it is very similar to - but not the same as - the EV Coach found in the center of the instrument cluster display. I just never noticed it displaying feed back before. Two and two came together and I thought I'd share in the event others didn't know.
EV Coach and Eco coach are completely separate things.

Ev coach gives you the blue bar along the bottom under acceleration and braking and shows you when you are in electric driving mode etc...

Eco coach gives you the green v notch in the speed o to show optimal acceleration and braking. This shows up by default when in the eco drive mode. You can also enable it to show up in the normal driving mode like below.

Ford F-150 Driving aid I didn't know existed...did you? ECO Mode driving coach bkvAU3Ql

Ford F-150 Driving aid I didn't know existed...did you? ECO Mode driving coach wt7PwsQl

Ford F-150 Driving aid I didn't know existed...did you? ECO Mode driving coach 7ddwQ6il

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Eco coach gives you the green v notch in the speedo
So this green chunk does have a name. ECO Coach. I stand corrected. I followed your instructions and enabled it to check it out. Thank you very much.

Other than it being a green chunk on the speedo, I never noticed it doing anything until yesterday. I drive in ECO frequently just because so obviously I'm not looking at this green chunk, er, uh, ECO Coach. I may not leave it enabled in Normal because to my eye the green chunk isn't quite complimentary to the blue color scheme. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
had the red and green light on the 1979 caddy seville 350 fuel inj engine
it was in the red almost all the time, 1979 was not a good year for HP in a 350
oh crap the old meter just got pegged
I read the post above yours and it made me think of my old '80 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance (Now there a handle..) That car had the 8-6-4 engine and I do recall the was some kind of eco monitor but I'll be damned if I can recall what it looked like.

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
I wish Ford would add something above the EV Coach instead of it being blank. I really enjoy using it but there is so much wasted space!

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
8 6 4 disaster
now days it works, but back then the electronics and mechanical engineering just was not up to par to handling real world
i did few BACK to 8 only mods on those engines
Sponsored