Sponsored

Drivers Window Rub Noise

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
2022 Lightning Lariat here, I assume the door panels are the same on all of the 14th gen. When the drivers window is up, over bumps there is a very annoying rubbing sound. Like the window is rubbing against its weatherstrip. If you put outward pressure on the window the noise stops, also if you jam a couple credit cards in between the top of the window and inner weather strip the noise stops.. Anyone else experience this? All I can ever find it people talking about the wind noise. Not necessarily window rubbing.
Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
That's me✋.
Squeaky window - no idea, thinking of cleaning and VRP trim conditioner
Wind noise - no solution
Sunroof bouncing noise - haven't gotten there
Console panels clicking - couple hand slaps (solved)
Rear sliding window rattle - there's a TSB, but tessa tape helped (solved*)
Reminds my of old Subaru. Made it affordable by using a ton of plastic bullshit. Difference is this truck was twice as much FFS

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
That's me✋.
Squeaky window - no idea, thinking of cleaning and VRP trim conditioner
Wind noise - no solution
Sunroof bouncing noise - haven't gotten there
Console panels clicking - couple hand slaps (solved)
Rear sliding window rattle - there's a TSB, but tessa tape helped (solved*)
Reminds my of old Subaru. Made it affordable by using a ton of plastic bullshit. Difference is this truck was twice as much FFS

When you mention wind noise, is this like the windows are not closed? I have gotten accustomed to my wind noise and don't even notice it anymore, but other drivers/passengers do notice it.

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
When you mention wind noise, is this like the windows are not closed? I have gotten accustomed to my wind noise and don't even notice it anymore, but other drivers/passengers do notice it.
Yes, I would associate it with something similar to the window not being closed. Audible whistle*. Worst on windy days. It’s like the door needs to be closed tighter.

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yes, I would associate it with something similar to the window not being closed. Audible whistle*. Worst on windy days. It’s like the door needs to be closed tighter.
Yes, it is worse on windy days too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The wind noise doesn't bother me as much as the window rubbing.. I've tried to stuff some tubing in the channel to make the window seat tighter.. but it doesn't seem to help.

OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Does anyone have any ideas to mitigate the window rubbing noise? I’ve tried to stuff some tubing up in the top channel where the windo seats, but no change. Next I will try some foam.

Jerome10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
My 2023 is doing the same thing.
If I tap the down button on the window it goes away. If I press the glass a bit it goes away. If I pull on the door handle towards me it goes away.

other forum mentioned friction tape on the latch. I will try that and follow up.

I may also adjust the latch a little tighter and see if the door just needs to be a bit more snug.

it’s just annoying in an otherwise very quiet cabin.
Sponsored