Drive mode

Jan Leslie

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT V6 2.7L ecoboost
Just bought my truck and wondering if the drive mode shows up anywhere so you know what mode you're driving in. And also, does it revert back to 2 wheel drive automatically from 4 wheel drive or do you need to push the button to do so.
Sponsored

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
Just bought my truck and wondering if the drive mode shows up anywhere so you know what mode you're driving in. And also, does it revert back to 2 wheel drive automatically from 4 wheel drive or do you need to push the button to do so.
This video explains the drive modes:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
By the way, did anyone *definitively* figure out how to get it to stay in a drive mode? Now that I have mine, the prompting to "return to Eco" seems very random. I thought it would be duration based (how long you were parked) but it does not always ask. Would love to hear if anyone figured out the trick!

Sponsored

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
I switch to sport mode , and it locks in 4A drive, The next time it does not??????????????????

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I switch to sport mode , and it locks in 4A drive, The next time it does not??????????????????
Right. I'm asking if anyone has figured out a workaround so that it *always* asks on startup to return to Eco or Sport, if we had that as our previous choice when we stopped the truck.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
R V SALES
Right. I'm asking if anyone has figured out a workaround so that it *always* asks on startup to return to Eco or Sport, if we had that as our previous choice when we stopped the truck.
Last night I had it in Sport, without 4A..........Not sure what I did?

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Did you manually hit the 4A button and turn it off? I'm not sure if this even works or if the Sport mode holds the 4A setting and it can't be manually changed.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Just bought my truck and wondering if the drive mode shows up anywhere so you know what mode you're driving in.
I find that on the 8" cluster, the background and unique colors are enough of a reminder of what drive mode you're in... that being said, there IS an icon indicator present when you're in anything other than "Normal" mode.

As for the mode memory, I've found it to be about 50/50 with asking me if I want to return to [X] mode on startup vs. just reverting to normal. Not sure if of any relevance, but I do not have the 4A function (XLT Sport 302A High).

Ford F-150 Drive mode _2021 IMPORT - 1 of 1

Sponsored

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
R V SALES
Just figured it out..........Turn the round dial to get to sport mode........Then you push 2A, because the default is 4A when you turn the round dial.......Yahoo

OP
OP

Jan Leslie

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT V6 2.7L ecoboost
Thanks bunches for replying. Appreciate it.
Sponsored