First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I played with Eco a lot for awhile but now ignore it. Mostly regular, occasional sport. I find In warm weather it's very easy to trigger E mode in Regular and minimize the mpg
Advantage of Eco mode. The shift point and timing changes in Eco mode make the thing far too sluggish for it to be worth it to me. I'd find myself flooring it more
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I think eco is a carry over from the 3.5 w/ out any thought given to the PB. I do believe there's things they could do with it particularly when in batt only mode by winding out the gears further combined with smoother ICE engagement like starting the ICE while shifting gears simultaneously so the engagement is smooth. The electric motor sits in front of the torque converter and can both rev and de-rev the engine in N for instance. Strangest thing to watch while monitoring OBD. When you rev in N the electric motor spins up the motor and regens it back down. Disappointing to see that there's so much more they could do with the platform but seem to be okay with the logic they settled on back in 21.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
What about Sport vs Normal mode. Has anyone compared the 2 in regards to MPG
With the PB, I couldn't see it being beneficial. It keeps revs up vs turning the engine off, and last I recall in my short higher speed test it didn't call on 9/10. Haven't really tested it on the interstate.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Not noticed much difference at all other than feeling like a slug when hitting the throttle.
Keeping out of boost is the best MPG savings and generally I can accelerate decent and commute to work without hitting boost. I'm not really trying to stay out of it, just observations, as I get 20 MPG city. Eco mode was same, just no go when I wanted to go. Not worth it to me.
Sponsored