Sponsored

Drive Mode Knob Sucks

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Having had my truck for 6 weeks it is the one thing that I am really disappointed about. (I know, major problems). The previous setup with the drive mode button on the gear shifter was so much quicker and smoother, why did they go this way of a Selection Knob that you have to turn sooo many times just to get to the Mode you want? e.g. Normal to Sport.

It would help quite a bit if you could change the order of the Modes that you prefer so you could keep the modes you use most together I.e. Normal then Sport or Normal then Eco etc next to each other.

anyone else feel this way?
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I don't mind the current set up, no.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I have the number of detents memorized for my most used drive modes. Easy peasy to quickly rotate the knob.

Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
3 clicks to Eco for my daily commute, very easy. The rubber knob makes it tactile different from the radio. I do think the e-locker should be a little harder to activate, though. I haven't pressed it by accident yet, but still.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Doesn't it stop at Sport? You can't go all the way around to the Off-road Modes, right? Grab it and spin left.

Put me in the "not bothered" camp.

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
I've also memorized the number of turns but much prefer the simple button on the column shifter in the previous gen - much easier and faster IMO. I'm also not a fan at all of sport mode defaulting to 4A. Wished there was a way to change that vs manually having to switch it back to 2wd.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Having had my truck for 6 weeks it is the one thing that I am really disappointed about. (I know, major problems). The previous setup with the drive mode button on the gear shifter was so much quicker and smoother, why did they go this way of a Selection Knob that you have to turn sooo many times just to get to the Mode you want? e.g. Normal to Sport.

It would help quite a bit if you could change the order of the Modes that you prefer so you could keep the modes you use most together I.e. Normal then Sport or Normal then Eco etc next to each other.

Not me. I think the selector knob is pretty simple IMO

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
sport is just a good twist to the left. It's at the end of the list. Once I realized that, I this method better then multiple button presses on the shifter.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I have no issues either. Once I realized that all the performance modes (tow/haul, eco, sport) were to the left (counterclockwise) and all the environment modes (slippery, snow, sand/mud, rock) were to the right (clockwise) I found the selector to be a piece of cake to use.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

No. I do not. I like the nob. And i cannot imagine being upset about sitting in an adjustable seat in a climate controlled cabin, being perturbed i have to turn a dial.

The horrors.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I kinda think push buttons for the modes and a dial for the 2WD/4WD selection would be more logical, but I don't use any of those controls too regularly anyway. And like everyone has said on here a million times over, the truck should remember our last drive mode.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I don’t mind it at all. I just wish you could set the default drive mode. Like for me in my powerboost I drive in eco all the time. It does ask me when I restart if I wanna go back into it but sometimes I’m distracted and forget to hit ok. Seems like it would be an easy software update to make that a choice.
Sponsored