First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Lariat 502A 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
I.T. Director
In case anyone was looking to get downpipes for their 2021, there is no need. Had a good talk with SPD, and they explained that Ford changed to connection to the turbo to where it does not use an adapter plate. He actually told me that the design will outflow any adapter plate/downpipe combo. Will wait to see what the future holds.
Sponsored

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
This seems slightly misleading, I understand that they are saying that the turbo adaptors are no longer restrictive, but how are they claiming that oem downpipes/cats are outflowing high flow catted or “off road use only” catless downpipes?

OP
OP
Cltgt

Cltgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I.T. Director
The adapter plates are the restriction. They do not use an adapter plate like they used to. The connection does not have the restriction, there flows better. I may not be explaining it clearly.

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I understand, there is no longer a need for the previous adapter plates made by companies like AMS, or SPD.

upgrading your downpipe to something with high flow cats or a catless off-road/race downpipe will still provide performance gains with proper tune.

“downpipes - no need for them” is the title of the post, and seems misleading to those who may not understand that your actually saying that there is no longer a need for turbo adapters.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
True

But "proper tune" might be a way off proposition. Especially a Powerboost.

Thank goodness the thing runs like a scalded cat already. It's not boring, that's for sure. Especially off the bottom with that crazy torque rating.

Sponsored

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
True

But "proper tune" might be a way off proposition. Especially a Powerboost.

Thank goodness the thing runs like a scalded cat already. It's not boring, that's for sure. Especially off the bottom with that crazy torque rating.
I sure hope these trucks get cracked sooner than later. The encrypted ECU’s are basically the only negative of the truck for me so far.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I sure hope these trucks get cracked sooner than later. The encrypted ECU’s are basically the only negative of the truck for me so far.
Even if they "break the code", the Powerboost is likely to present quite the challenge to even the most experienced 3.5EB tuning gurus. I can't even imagine the additional tables that they are going to find in that ecm. Stuff that has NEVER been seen by any tuner ever.

I won't even consider tuning this one until someone like GearHead tuning purchases one for their personal use. They need to have skin in the game! Lol

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Even if they "break the code", the Powerboost is likely to present quite the challenge to even the most experienced 3.5EB tuning gurus. I can't even imagine the additional tables that they are going to find in that ecm. Stuff that has NEVER been seen by any tuner ever.

I won't even consider tuning this one until someone like GearHead tuning purchases one for their personal use. They need to have skin in the game! Lol
I’m optimistic.
The powerboost is the future of the f150.(dont tell that to the lighting guys). The incentive to crack the hybrid is huge. That, I believe is going to be the biggest challenge.

OP
OP
Cltgt

Cltgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I.T. Director
Agreed. I should have wrote is no need to look for them yet. I'm sure downpipes are coming.
Sponsored