• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Finished watching it. Nothing really new. He points out a few Easter eggs and such.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Finished watching it. Nothing really new. He points out a few Easter eggs and such.
In general I find Doug's commentary "style" to be annoying....

However, I actually learned a few details...no big news. It was nice to see him try almost every button and control...:)

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
New tidbit for me - the Neutral button keeps the vehicle in Neutral for 30 minutes.

Saw a thread earlier about flat towing the Lightning. Would be relevant for that.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Any dates in that video? I mean I think most of us know all we need to know except options, packages and prices.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
New tidbit for me - the Neutral button keeps the vehicle in Neutral for 30 minutes.

Saw a thread earlier about flat towing the Lightning. Would be relevant for that.
The drivetrain is very similar to the Mach-e and according to the Mach-e owners manual, you can't recreational tow with the wheels on the ground, it must have a full trailer. The emergency towing mode can be used for up to 50 miles at under 35 mph. I would imagine most all towing situations you are going to get the insurance company to tow on a flat bed anyway. The neutral mode is mostly for getting the vehicle moved into position to be loaded. Or other emergency situations where you just have to get the vehicle moved and it cannot under its own power.

I would imagine the lightning will have similar guidelines as the mach-e but we will have to wait for the owners manual to be published to be certain

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
In general I find Doug's commentary "style" to be annoying....

However, I actually learned a few details...no big news. It was nice to see him try almost every button and control...:)
Same. I skip his reviews entirely.

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
I learned you can play video games on the center screen...

I'll be interested to see his review when he gets to actually drive it, and what "Doug Score" he will give the Lightning.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I learned you can play video games on the center screen...

I'll be interested to see his review when he gets to actually drive it, and what "Doug Score" he will give the Lightning.

Yeah, and even the most basic game that my phone could run back in 2011 was laggy as heck on that prototype. Another reason I'm not really interested in the 15" screen... though it may be the same feel across both screens. Gotta think driving more pixels impacts performance somewhat unless they upgrade the processor too. Given that performance though, I'm doubtful.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Are the running board lights standard on every trim?
No running boards on the Pro, but I believe they are standard on all other trims (assuming the power folding running boards on the Platinum have lights as well)

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
No running boards on the Pro, but I believe they are standard on all other trims (assuming the power folding running boards on the Platinum have lights as well)
Carbon Black fixed extended running boards with enhanced lighting standard on XLT, Lariat, Platinum. Power-deployable running boards optional on Lariat and Platinum. I assume, as well, that the power boards will have lights.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Yeah, and even the most basic game that my phone could run back in 2011 was laggy as heck on that prototype. Another reason I'm not really interested in the 15" screen... though it may be the same feel across both screens. Gotta think driving more pixels impacts performance somewhat unless they upgrade the processor too. Given that performance though, I'm doubtful.
the arcade suite in the Tesla fleet is pretty good - drives my wife crazy to sit next to me while charging, but the steering wheel integration with Beach Buggy, Asteroids, Lunar Lander, etc. is great - and no lag.

Txm

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 F150, 22 F150 501 on order.
Occupation
Paramedic
Any dates in that video? I mean I think most of us know all we need to know except options, packages and prices.
I noticed that this was filmed in Austin. Based on the platform that the truck was sitting on, this was an event that Ford held back in October. We stumbled across it after finishing up at the Bronco Off Roadeo.
Sponsored