Sponsored

Double-Honk When Door Closed While Truck Is On

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
The flashing tool does the same changes forscan makes. If you don't want to deal with forscan it's an easy plug-n-play solution.

But using forscan and making the changes is easy. I would go that route and buy a cable rather than a one time use device.
No it is not a one time use product. Use it as much as you like. Turn it on, and off quickly anywhere you are. Forscan is far more robust, as this is a one trick pony, but the versatility of turning it off and back on quickly from anywhere is appealing. Keep it in your console and it is ready when you need it.
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
No it is not a one time use product. Use it as much as you like. Turn it on, and off quickly anywhere you are. Forscan is far more robust, as this is a one trick pony, but the versatility of turning it off and back on quickly from anywhere is appealing. Keep it in your console and it is ready when you need it.
But why would you want to turn it back on??? I turn it off each time and never look back… gen12, gen13x2 and gen14 trucks in the past and present. Not a feature or wanting I want any day of the week… lol!!

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
you need forscan. I see your from USA with a king Ranch, you will be amazed at your headlights if you use forscan to turn on glare free :)

and once you turn off the double beep, you will still hear the mild ring from the radio when you close the door and have fob in your pocket, so the protection is still there.
Wait, what?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But why would you want to turn it back on??? I turn it off each time and never look back… gen12, gen13x2 and gen14 trucks in the past and present. Not a feature or wanting I want any day of the week… lol!!
It doesn't bother me and I like the reminder. When the truck is off and in battery mode it is silent and easy to think you did turn it off when you get out quickly.

However, if I needed to leave the truck on due to PB use at night, or at a camp ground and I was going in and out of the truck, I would want to turn it off for everyone else. Then in the morning, or at a more convenient location, I could turn it back on.

Definitely not for everyone but this is far more convenient and useful if anyone kind of fits this usage scenario.

Juiceman_210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
You can also hold the fob against the passenger window while you shut the driver’s door If you aren’t comfortable leaving it in a running truck.

Wait, surely this is false, cos everyone is ignoring this comment. I’m gonna have to check this…..

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Just don't close the door tight...

Chilibball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
You know, you make a great point that this simple mind didn't even think of. Usually, if I leave my truck on a) I'm just stepping out to grab the mail or something where I can still see the truck or b) my wife or kids are in there still while I step out to get the mail or can still see my truck. HAHA! I haven't figured out a way to lock it while it is running. Perhaps the door code for that? Never tried it.
Press 7/9 & 9/0 at the same time on the door PIN panel and it will lock with the keys in the car.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Have any of you come across the claims that people recently getting updates (and I don't mean 4.3.5, but people finally getting 3.5.4) now have the menu option to turn this double honk off like the new SDs have? I think they are trolling since none of them have answered my request for a pic of their menu with this option.

OP
OP
C_Harris

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
OP
OP
C_Harris

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
Wait, surely this is false, cos everyone is ignoring this comment. I’m gonna have to check this…..
I'm a little slow sometimes, admittedly. I kept trying to picture how in the world I would even accomplish this. Physically impossible perhaps? Then I just had to think about it for a minute and surely he must be talking about the REAR Driver's Side Passenger. HA!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
C_Harris

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
Have any of you come across the claims that people recently getting updates (and I don't mean 4.3.5, but people finally getting 3.5.4) now have the menu option to turn this double honk off like the new SDs have? I think they are trolling since none of them have answered my request for a pic of their menu with this option.
This would be ideal.

Juiceman_210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm a little slow sometimes, admittedly. I kept trying to picture how in the world I would even accomplish this. Physically impossible perhaps? Then I just had to think about it for a minute and surely he must be talking about the REAR Driver's Side Passenger. HA!!!

Haha. Well it works. I’m sure a lot of folks on this forum knew that tip, but I had no clue. Works flawlessly, but I still see the issue if you aren’t paying total attention.

Chappy133

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired US Army
Hate the double honk feature & bought the flash to get rid of it. Smart kid I know has FORSCAN and was able to activate a police feature that does not let you put it in drive without the fob present. So I can get out and leave it running preventing anyone else from driving off.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I truly love my truck and try to find an excuse to drive it as often as possible; however, the most annoying thing ever is that double-honk that is completely too loud when I shut the door to step out for a second. I'm honestly never prepared for it. o_O Is there any way to disable this without Forscan? You think the dealer would do that?
@Ford Motor Company as an RVer who powers his trailer overnight with my Powerboost, I would love it if the double honk was disabled when Generator Mode is ON!

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Ford Motor Company as an RVer who powers his trailer overnight with my Powerboost, I would love it if the double honk was disabled when Generator Mode is ON!
HA! That is the easy (at least easy for me to say) answer. Due to this, I doubt we will see it in an update. :(
Sponsored