Sponsored

Doors unlocking. Random alarms. Software issues.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
How common are all these weird and mostly technological problems.

I’m supposed to pick up my new XLT 302A this Saturday morning and there’s a lot of issues discussed within this forum that I won’t be able to detect on a simple inspection before I sign for it.

I work 16-20hrs/day and my dealer is almost an hour away from me so I just can’t afford to be making trips down there if/when things come up.

I’ve had issues with my 2018 XLT but nothing that would prevent me from going to work. I’ve driven in -20 C weather holding the door shut with one hand and driving with the other.It did suck but I still made it to work.

But some of the complaints you guys talked about with your trucks literally has me shaking in my boots.

There’s been a lot of discussions about problems but I really wanna know how many of you have had absolutely zero problems with your brand new trucks.

And all you guys that have problems I’m confident that they will all get sorted out. I really hope so because I haven’t come across any dickheads or douchebags on this forum that deserve to have issues with their trucks.

And if you’re in southern Ontario, Canada, looking for a new F150, check back here on Saturday because I could potentially have some good news for you.
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker

I’m supposed to pick up my new XLT 302A this Saturday morning and there’s a lot of issues discussed within this forum that I won’t be able to detect on a simple inspection before I sign for it.

I work 16-20hrs/day and my dealer is almost an hour away from me so I just can’t afford to be making trips down there if/when things come up.

I’ve had issues with my 2018 XLT but nothing that would prevent me from going to work. I’ve driven in -20 C weather holding the door shut with one hand and driving with the other.It did suck but I still made it to work.

But some of the complaints you guys talked about with your trucks literally has me shaking in my boots.

There’s been a lot of discussions about problems but I really wanna know how many of you have had absolutely zero problems with your brand new trucks.

And all you guys that have problems I’m confident that they will all get sorted out. I really hope so because I haven’t come across any dickheads or douchebags on this forum that deserve to have issues with their trucks.

And if you’re in southern Ontario, Canada, looking for a new F150, check back here on Saturday because I could potentially have some good news for you.
Be sure to take along a checklist (there's one somewhere on this forum) of things you can visually and manually inspect, inside and outside, and under the hood.
Be sure to climb up into the bed and inspect the roof, followed by a thorough inspection of the underside. Then take you're sales-person along for an extended 'test-drive' while testing everything (every knob, button, latch, vent, etc.....), including the AC even if it's freezing outside, you don't want to find out it doesn't work when you really need it the most. If you discover anything that needs to be addressed, present your sales-person a list (two copies, one for them, and the other signed by them for your records). I'm sure there's more to consider, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Most of the issues that have you nervous are NOT happening to the majority of the happy owners.

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist

My KR was built February 2021 in Dearborn has PB engine. I’ve had it about 1 week 500 miles. Zero issues gaps perfect paint perfect no dead batteries no alarms nothing just a very updated version of my 2013 Lariat EB which has 110,000 miles with one O2 sensor replaced that’s it. So the 2021 so far is awesome most likely yours will be too!

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
I have had my Lariat since Feb 5th, I now have 4333 trouble free miles on it. The only problem would be the windshield recall.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Be sure to take along a checklist (there's one somewhere on this forum) of things you can visually and manually inspect, inside and outside, and under the hood.
Be sure to climb up into the bed and inspect the roof, followed by a thorough inspection of the underside. Then take you're sales-person along for an extended 'test-drive' while testing everything (every knob, button, latch, vent, etc.....), including the AC even if it's freezing outside, you don't want to find out it doesn't work when you really need it the most. If you discover anything that needs to be addressed, present your sales-person a list (two copies, one for them, and the other signed by them for your records). I'm sure there's more to consider, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Most of the issues that have you nervous are NOT happening to the majority of the happy owners.
I really appreciate you taking the time to share all that information with me. And you are correct, I feel like I’m just being paranoid. Thanks again for taking the time to share all that.

Sponsored

Old fart

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F150 Lariat, 2018 Explorer, 1975 John Deere
Occupation
Retired
I don't know who is more reassured by those posts, Eric or me. Mine has been sitting at the dealership for for going on two weeks. I'm finally picking it up on Monday. I'm looking forward to it! Good luck to all, although God willing we won't have to rely on luck!

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
My KR was built February 2021 in Dearborn has PB engine. I’ve had it about 1 week 500 miles. Zero issues gaps perfect paint perfect no dead batteries no alarms nothing just a very updated version of my 2013 Lariat EB which has 110,000 miles with one O2 sensor replaced that’s it. So the 2021 so far is awesome most likely yours will be too!
I’m happy for you bro. I am sure the at least 90% of the new owners are in the same boat as you. It’s really only the guys with problems that you find online since they’re mostly on here looking for help or insight.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I don't know who is more reassured by those posts, Eric or me. Mine has been sitting at the dealership for for going on two weeks. I'm finally picking it up on Monday. I'm looking forward to it! Good luck to all, although God willing we won't have to rely on luck!
I think we’ll be just fine my man. They’re probably just keeping your truck a little longer to make sure everything is perfect for you when you pick it up you old fart lol.

Sucks you gotta wait until Monday. This is gonna be the longest weekend ever for you. Hopefully at least the weather will be nice.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I have had my Lariat since Feb 5th, I now have 4333 trouble free miles on it. The only problem would be the windshield recall.
That windshield thing wouldn’t bother me as much as other things so I would say you got a solid truck. Here’s to another 433333 trouble free miles.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I’m happy for you bro. I am sure the at least 90% of the new owners are in the same boat as you. It’s really only the guys with problems that you find online since they’re mostly on here looking for help or insight.
I agree. Threads get created by folks looking for help, and those things are what stick in our minds. The silent majority of happy truck owners doesn't post.

I tried really hard to find issues to get things fixed right away. So far I have found zero. Dealer has called me twice to ask if I needed anything. The only issue I have is rear slider rattle with subwoofer when it is cracked. I'm not even sure how fixable that is or whether I care. Also came with a little rust underneath but we are dry here now and I was just going to mention it at my first service, I don't really have the energy to drive there and go full-Karen mode on them about it.

I tried really hard to watch out for these issues and I have had NONE of them so far (and I don't believe in jinxes so I'll share): moonroof leaks, any strange warnings about propower, power windows not going all the way, jerky shifting, weird clicking sounds, shifter issues, alarms triggering, battery draining, seats reclining, A/C not activating, etc

I am over 1k miles now.

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
2 months and 1700 miles. Had alarm go off once. No other issues. You are going to love it!!

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Only random thing I've had is radio settings sometimes change and easy entry seats sometimes don't work. All these issues will likely get fix with a software update soon.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Good luck Eric (and others).
You're not the only "paranoid" one of us. LOL
I'm still 29 days from estimated delivery and already have a huge checklist list of all the things to check for on delivery, but trying not to get too crazy.
Seems most things are getting resolved by dealers or us.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Good luck Eric (and others).
You're not the only "paranoid" one of us. LOL
I'm still 29 days from estimated delivery and already have a huge checklist list of all the things to check for on delivery, but trying not to get too crazy.
Seems most things are getting resolved by dealers or us.
Thanks Broski. My truck arrived at the dealer 7 days early so hopefully the same thing with yours. 29 days is a shitty wait but in some ways the longer the better as the further they get into production the more opportunities they have to correct all the issues. You’re truck is gonna be mint.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
Almost 4 weeks and 1400 miles with no issues here. Human nature is to worry. I'm sure your truck will be fine. Hoping the best.
Sponsored