Doors hard to shut

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I got the door ajar message about 5 times already in 2 days of ownership. They need a strong pull/push to shut them. They have like 3 levels of seal in some places so I understand why. I will accept this minor inconvenience for the extreme quiet inside.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I got the door ajar message about 5 times already in 2 days of ownership. They need a strong pull/push to shut them. They have like 3 levels of seal in some places so I understand why. I will accept this minor inconvenience for the extreme quiet inside.
The quietest truck I've ever been in..

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
My truck has an excessive door gap on both sides (reg cab) and I just noticed this morning that I had to give an extra tug when closing the door from tight quarters in my driveway while parking, I didn’t know if it was because of the door gap but it’s probably just the extra door seals and the fact I only cracked the door open to check my space, the truck stayed in drive but did flash some warnings at me.

Some time next week I should be getting a call to schedule for the door adjustment, they’re about an 1/8” off.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yep!!!! I am constantly shutting my doors twice! Its annoying. I came from a 2014 f150.
I definitely have to give it more effort!!!

Sponsored

GrandSport

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f150, 2021 on order
Occupation
Admin
I have this issue with my passenger door. All other doors close fine. I'm hoping it just needs to be broken in a little.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I really hope this isn’t that frozen door issue from pervious years models.

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
What is wrong with my power running boards?!? I keep finding them deployed in the garage.
Close the door!!
The truck is tight and seals are new. It takes a bit more for e to close all the way.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
Same here. It’s the seals and possibly more air tight. Never had any issues on my two year old 18, but I noticed this from the start on the 21. However, the cabin is exceptionally quiet on my platinum, so I’ll just adjust how I shut the doors. My hunch is Ford will release an SSM or TSB about this.

Sponsored

Joeur14

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 2.7 xlt sport screw
Occupation
Construction / Brazilian jiu jitsu
Anyone else have this issue? The 2 rear doors and the passenger side front door are all hard to shut on our new Lariat Supercrew. My kids can't shut them and I am getting out of the seat to go do so. I took a friend somewhere and had to ask him to slam the door. Backed out of driveway yesterday and had to go around shutting doors even after it had sat all night. Just curious if this is unique or common before I take it in to complain.
I’m having the same issue! Especially the rear passenger doors! Also the rear back up camera gets dirty to easily and you have to jump out and clean it to back up!

OP
OP

Cindy42

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2016 Mustang GT PP
About 2 months in and still hard to close. It isn't the latching, but the seals. We have all learned to close harder, so no more jumping out to get the kids' doors closed. Find it kinda open often after exit, though. Definitely quiet in the cab, so we will keep learning to close them harder. May be easier when weather is warmer, we will see. I do love this truck. Very comfortable to drive. I hate the OEM tires, they hydroplane easy and are the wimpiest all terrains I have ever seen, especially for FX4 package. Have a towing trip planned in a few weeks to see how that goes. I guess be prepared to close doors with some force when new. ;)

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
My 2011 KR doors are heavier, but shut easier (steel vs. aluminum). On the new truck, I agree with what others have said about needing a little more oomph to shut them. But also agree that this truck is super quiet, so I’ll take these over the old ones any day. My wife commented when we bought the truck that the doors feel more like what you’d find on a luxury vehicle (tighter seal).

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
LOL. I said the same thing on a post and they told me that they just were new and had to be wore in....

trust me, these doors are hard to shut. I hope it gets better but i find myself having to re-shut them almost every time i drive with someone in the truck
Maybe some time in the weight room?? ?

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Oct 4 built FX4. Constantly having to slam the door shut to get it to lock via the key fob. Exit truck, walk away try to lock via the key fob and will not lock. have to reclose the door to get it to lock. Damn annoying.
Sponsored